Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinef8L
Triumph

Took 3 grams and not tripping at all?
    #1075714 - 11/22/02 01:38 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

One of Swim's friends ingested 3 grams of mushrooms at 1:45.... Approximately the same time, his friend also injected the same batch of mushrooms. It is 3:30 and one guy is tripping balls and the other guy isn't. Do some people just NOT trip? Does this make any sense whatsoever. The guy who isn't tripping is not very big...150pounds , injested the mushrooms the same way as his friend (orally), and says he is about to go to sleep because he has "given up".. any ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Took 3 grams and not tripping at all? [Re: f8L]
    #1075835 - 11/22/02 02:16 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i asume when u say injected you mean injested,
as this was from the same batch this is puzzling, your friend could have eather gotin
the less potent part of the batch(which is unlickely) or his hard head needs a stronger dose)

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1075845 - 11/22/02 02:22 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Some people require more to trip hard, some people require a few trips before they really start to trip, and some people eat too much food before a trip which can have quite an impact.

Set and setting can influence it as well - If you're like in a shopping mall with your friends or something you probably won't be tripping as hard as if you're laying somewhere dark in a pretty quiet enrivonment..

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
or maybe the shrooms are really really terrible and this other dude's just pretending hes tripping

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Took 3 grams and not tripping at all? [Re: Strumpling] * 1
    #1076492 - 11/22/02 10:06 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It might have something to do with the amount each person has ate that day.

The first time I tried shrooms I ate a lot that day and I thought I got gipped because I waited like 2 hours and nothing happened then all of a sudden things started getting interesting.

Wait at least 2 1/2 hours , if that doesnt work next time he has the chance to try them, suggest that he fasts that day or the day before and see if that makes a difference.

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #1076806 - 11/22/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Is your friend on any drugs like anti depressants that will cause decreased sensitivity to psychadelics?

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Took 3 grams and not tripping at all? [Re: baraka]
    #5643344 - 05/17/06 07:32 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Just two weeks ago I ate 2.5 grams of cubes. I had eaten only 30 minutes before though. After about 2-2.5 hours I started tripping real good. One of my friends who ate them with food before didn't trip at all he said. Maybe it has something to with set and setting? I really don't know for sure.

--------------------

OfflineThreePieceSuit
disastrophe
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast of Canada
Re: Took 3 grams and not tripping at all? [Re: MorphMan]
    #5643371 - 05/17/06 07:39 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

A combination of all mentioned, perhaps?

It seems odd, maybe it was a one time thing. Have him give it another go, maybe with mushrooms from a different batch.

Very strange indeed.

--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Took 3 grams and not tripping at all? [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #5643385 - 05/17/06 07:43 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

1 gram and you should feel the effects. If not, you know nothing about hallucinogens. You probably are just not sensative yet(you still should feel somthing).

Still, even one gram dried and nothing? Something is wrong when you take 3 grams and dont trip.

No cubs provide no effect! For those who cant feel even one gram of ANY cub and feel nothing, are not the people you want to figure out.
One grams Of extreemely shitty cubs has its very obvious effects.
Im sure one day someone might take the time to grow some shrooms that are void of alkaloids. What your are talking about is just crazy. You are dealing with some strange folk, and that group may include yourself.
I dont know what the problem is, but that is sad if you have ANY form of cub mushrooms.

Edited by stemmer (05/17/06 07:47 PM)

OfflinePsilocyan
Humble Voyager
Male

Loc: Atlanta...USA
Re: Took 3 grams and not tripping at all? [Re: stemmer]
    #5643580 - 05/17/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

He could have a very high tolerance...but I've never heard of eating 3 grams and feeling absolutely NOTHING.

For example, today I ate 2.2 grams of p. weilii and a friend ate 5 grams, and I was probably tripping harder than him.

--------------------
I :heart: Psilocybe weilii...:mushroomgrow:

"I think of going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience like going to the grave without ever having sex."
-McKenna

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Took 3 grams and not tripping at all? [Re: Psilocyan]
    #5919339 - 07/31/06 05:58 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I've eaten 10 grams of cubies before and had almost nothing beyond a relatively mild body buzz, while my space monkeys were tripping balls with 3.5 and 5g's each. They were home grown as well... yet other mush from the same batch provided startling visuals at just 3.5g's. I think it could be any of the following:

Set/setting
Mind bog (were you thinking about the trip? Don't do that! It scares it away!)
Food
Tolerance differences
Gnome theives stealing the psilocybin
Inexperience
Fatigue
How they were ingested
The composition that was ingested (caps? stems?)

There's probobly a million more factors. I personally have always had a high tolerance, no matter how many times I trip. Because of that I always try to use lemon juice to maximize things.

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag