Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTwistedTR
Strain Identification
    #1655927 - 06/23/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I FOAF of mine made the dreadfull mistake of ordering spores from STP(now shrooms.ca) awhile back for far too much money. In the end he ended up with a buncha crap from them, and now wants to know the actual names of the crap the "Keeper" (or Jack as he calls himself now) is spewing out. I've done my best and I've been able to figure out the following:
Chimeras == ??
Reality Benders == ??
Tasmanian Devil == Tasmanian(??)
The Star Gazer == ??
Z-Strain == Golden Teacher

If anyone can assist in filling in the rest of the ??'s it would be awesome. Help stop that asshat from propigating his bogus strains.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Strain Identification [Re: TwistedTR]
    #1655998 - 06/23/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I seriously wouldnt be surprised if they were all the same... Basically the only way I could see you doing it would be to grow them out and compare. But, I have seen much similarity in a few strains anyway (so close you cant tell the difference), so pinning down the exact one would be difficult, if not impossible.

Plus, you never know what kind of work has been done to these strains that he sells. They could be wild prints (doubtful). They could be common strains that are re-sold with a different name. Or they could actually have been worked on to isolate a genetic trait to make them different. In any case, its all about him making money, thats it.

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineTwistedTR
Re: Strain Identification [Re: ATWAR]
    #1656009 - 06/23/03 02:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thats pretty much the same conclusion ABMFOAF came too. It's just a hope to have a solid name to everything. Oh and the ABMFOAF been informed me that the Reality Benders are really Thailand (lipa yai). Confirmed from a couple of sources aparently. They appear to look quite like each other, and my FOAF experienced the same massive spore production as described about the Lipa Yai strain. So unless someone wants to debate that, we've added another name to the list.

OfflineStopThat
ManWithNoName

Loc: Homeland
    #1658063 - 06/24/03 08:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If anyone could identify the Golden Nugget strain,I would be very curious to find out what it actually is.

--------------------

OfflineASheS
Stranger
Re: Strain Identification [Re: StopThat]
    #10757394 - 07/28/09 06:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

StopThat said:
If anyone could identify the Golden Nugget strain,I would be very curious to find out what it actually is. 

+1

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #10757443 - 07/28/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TwistedTR said:
ABMFOAF 

I can't even identify that, much less the strains. :confused:

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Strain Identification [Re: Doc_T]
    #10757759 - 07/28/09 07:57 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I thought that Chimera could be any strain that has albino.  Isn't a chimera an albino and a regular fruit mixed together in the same body?

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #10757865 - 07/28/09 08:19 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Quote:

TwistedTR said:
ABMFOAF 

I can't even identify that, much less the strains. :confused:

:lmafo:

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Strain Identification [Re: AlexP]
    #10757898 - 07/28/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Its a cube, strain isnt really important, which is usualy no more than where the wild speciman was found (or just a made up name in the keepers instance)

Send a spore print to workman, maybe he will look at the spores under the microscope and see what they resemble.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Strain Identification [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10758142 - 07/28/09 09:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Its a cube, strain isnt really important, which is usualy no more than where the wild speciman was found (or just a made up name in the keepers instance)

Send a spore print to workman, maybe he will look at the spores under the microscope and see what they resemble.

I realize that
I thought that a chimera was a part albino and part regular cubensis of whatever "strain" the fruit came from.  Or is there an actual "chimera" strain

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #10758213 - 07/28/09 09:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TwistedTR said:
I FOAF of mine made the dreadfull mistake of ordering spores from STP(now shrooms.ca) awhile back for far too much money.  In the end he ended up with a buncha crap from them, and now wants to know the actual names of the crap the "Keeper" (or Jack as he calls himself now) is spewing out.  I've done my best and I've been able to figure out the following:
Chimeras == ??
Reality Benders == ??
Tasmanian Devil == Tasmanian(??)
The Star Gazer == ??
Z-Strain == Golden Teacher

If anyone can assist in filling in the rest of the ??'s it would be awesome.  Help stop that asshat from propigating his bogus strains. 

There is no way to tell what Keeper sells.

Chances are they are renamed versions of classic Hawk's Eye spores... since Hawk used to supply Keeper with his spores... back before Keeper raised his prices and began pretending he had hybrid cubes.

Aside from that... who knows? You could ask Keeper... but I doubt he'd give you an honest answer. Unfortunately, he is the only person who might know the answers to your questions. Anybody else who attempts to answer this question is just guessing.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Strain Identification [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10758363 - 07/28/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:

I challenge anyone to ID 'strains' by looking at spores.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Strain Identification [Re: truskool]
    #10760132 - 07/29/09 05:59 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truskool said:
I thought that a chimera was a part albino and part regular cubensis of whatever "strain" the fruit came from.  Or is there an actual "chimera" strain

A chimera has two genetically distinct organisms in one body. Happens to people as well as mushrooms, it' more common than you think.

But I'm pretty sure that Keeper's 'chimera' is a brand name, not an attribute. I doubt it would breed true anyway.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #10760153 - 07/29/09 06:14 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

This old ass thread has absolutely no useful information in it, other than the keeper is a super douche bag who would sell his mother for a profit if he could, but most of us already knew that.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #10760155 - 07/29/09 06:15 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Old and worthless.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order