Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Earth
Enemy of the State.
    #1074537 - 11/21/02 06:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You guys ever watch that movie? it made me wonder, are there really bugs like that that can transmit your location? Also I was thinking about the government tapping lines, satellite tracking, and freezing credit cards. Any of that real?

Also I remember hearing something about a NSA bank account or credit card or something like that. People that are higher than the president have them, and the balance is like nothing, but there's no limit on how much you can spend or charge on the card. I remember hearing it occasionally appears on geocities and stuff, but it gets shut down. Anyone know anything?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Head Banana

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: Enemy of the State. [Re: daussaulit]
    #1074984 - 11/21/02 10:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

When that movie first came out, I was told to see it becuse it had all of these "wild hi-tech" things in it...

Well a few months went by, probably a good year, and I finally saw it. Throughout the entire movie I was like "ok...where's the hi-tech stuff" ????

Everything in that movie can easily be found as public record. The methods that the use may not be, but the technology has been around for a long time. Do a little home work on TEMPEST. Here, I'll get you started - http://infosyssec.master.com/texis/master/search/+/Top/Computers/Hacking/HERF%2C_EMP%2C_Tempest

Have Fun

Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Enemy of the State. [Re: Lana]
    #1075786 - 11/22/02 03:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

those are some decent links but for one device in particular i know they can do auditory surveilance via infared and invisible light waves. checkout this info here and also i dont know the legality of this device in the usa in private/civilian sector. a guy on irc told me one day he built one out of a laser pointer but he was heavy into electronics and such. so long ago were those days.

saw one for sale in the uk one time for like $7k and it said it would not sale to usa.

Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Enemy of the State. [Re: daussaulit]
    #1101771 - 12/01/02 09:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Man, im always hearin ppl hella paranoid about the government knowin all this shit and crap. Man they are jus like u an me, they dont know shit unless someone tells them shit. They dont know what you did yesterday or the day b4 unless they REALLY got a reason to be watchin u. Even when they do watch u, they still dont know shit unless someone tells them somethin.

"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology