Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale, Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePinkBuffalo
Stranger
 User Gallery

P Cubensis outdoor beds possibly survive the winter?
    #10742700 - 07/26/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible to keep a covered outdoor p.cubensis bed alive by laying down "heat tape" on the bottom of the bed pre bed make-up.  The bed will have shelter over it and is up off the ground, im just wondering if by regulating the temperature of the heat tape throughout the winter I could keep the mycelium alive?

Or would it be more economical to just go with azures/p. cyans beds left out in the weather and just top them up with new chips each year?

I'm asking because outdoor beds appeal to me, I just got my first flush and it was spawned with old spent projects from indoors.  The ease of growing outdoors is amazing, and flushes are great - enough to last me years.

BTW I'm speaking of the Pacific northwest area, we have mild, wet winters..but I still think they hard on p.cubensis mycelium.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale, Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale