Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
FC with some poo cakes (PICz)
    #10740542 - 07/25/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Not mush to see, just a fruiting chamber with some fully colonized cakes inside:

This is my friends first grow in years, lets see if the muhsies will still grow for him.

Whaddya think a qp first flush? :wink:

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Edited by Olgualion (07/26/09 05:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: FC with some poo cakes [Re: Olgualion]
    #10741161 - 07/26/09 01:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

straight poo cakes? Im not sure if theres much point in doing poo on such a small scale without any spawn. I know they do work.

Also confused by your fruiting chamber. Pipped in coolmist, and holes taped up.

Coolmists dont do too well when modified, the back pressure can burn out the motor.

Also, you will ned to be exchanging the air once per hour if that tub is pretty much sealed.

Id put perlite in that, and ddrill 1/4 inch holes on all 6 sides.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineClownswor
The One The Only
Male User Gallery

Re: FC with some poo cakes [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10741298 - 07/26/09 02:08 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i see holes in the picture?

--------------------
I am a connoisseur of sorts.

Everything I post is fictional. None of what I post regarding cultivation of mushrooms is legit. Im am just an imaginary person living a imaginary life! Thank you.

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: FC with some poo cakes [Re: Clownswor]
    #10741387 - 07/26/09 02:31 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yes a few random holes which are taped up with electrical tape

--------------------

Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD

Offlinejingus

Loc: Oregon, U.S. Flag
Re: FC with some poo cakes [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10741402 - 07/26/09 02:35 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

if he has the cool mist pumping air in the FC

wouldnt that automatically recirculate new FAE, even if theres no holes?

i'm also really confused what you used to make your cakes.. just poo? i dont see why not, monotubs work like that

--------------------

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

Re: FC with some poo cakes [Re: jingus]
    #10741482 - 07/26/09 03:02 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

it may bring in new air, but pressure will build up like veda said...just asking to kill that coolmist years before it's time.
and i also agree with adding perlite.
you're about half way towards a successful grow, just need some minor but very effective modifications.

Offlinejingus

Loc: Oregon, U.S. Flag
Re: FC with some poo cakes [Re: Optx]
    #10741606 - 07/26/09 03:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i'm confused.. isnt he a trusted cultivator?  maybe theres something we're missing

but that just doesnt seem right to me

--------------------

Offlineradiantthought
Like a boss
Male

Loc: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    #10742686 - 07/26/09 11:16 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jingus said:
i'm confused.. isnt he a trusted cultivator?  maybe theres something we're missing

but that just doesnt seem right to me

Agreed. Everything about this thread is kinda weird... I feel like we're missing something vital. Hopefully he'll come back soon and clear it up.

--------------------
I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting.

This is your new mantra, say it every day when you wake up for good health.

AlexP said: that's a good mantra for week one. The mantra for week two should be: "I will not improvise. I will not improvise. I will not improvise."

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #10742708 - 07/26/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hi guys.

Millet spawned to horse poo is a wonderful bulk substrate, IME.

My buddy would've put down some perlite, but he didn't have any, and he has had very successful grows in the past using a setup just like the one pictured above.

You're right, the coolmist will meet its end much sooner from all of the resistance on the motor, but it was only $15 and will last for this one grow.

Believe me guys, I know what I'm doing. :smile:  I do appreciate constructive criticism though.

There are two strains in there. 3 GT cakes and 2 B+.  2 of the three GT's are pinning only.  It wont be a nice even flush, but oh well.

The holes were taped up because at this point in the process, humidity should be high 90's with decent air exchange.  It isn't quite right, but close enough.  Perlite would def help.

Here are a few of the little funguy's.  One or two of the earliest few will be cloned onto PDY agar with peroxide.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleFractalXplora
Grainiack
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: FC with some poo cakes [Re: Olgualion]
    #10742731 - 07/26/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

looking good Olgualion , nice bricks you got there! cant wait to see how they turn out. keep us posted.

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: FC with some poo cakes (PICz) [Re: FractalXplora]
    #10744296 - 07/26/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Fractal!

I really can't wait either.  I haven't tripped (psilocybin at least) in a few years, so I'm really looking forward to this batch.

They seem to be taking forever though!  I remember this feeling... lol

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: FC with some poo cakes (PICz) [Re: Olgualion]
    #10744311 - 07/26/09 05:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Please, how did you make those bricks???? I love the idea!!

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: FC with some poo cakes (PICz) [Re: AlexP]
    #10744388 - 07/26/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hi AlexP!

They are really very easy to make.

My buddy pasteurised some poo.  After pasteurisation he made sure to squeeze the living hell out of the pillowcase that the manure was in (to bring it to the right moisture content).  Then while the pasteurised poo in the bag was still warm he emptied it into a clean trash bag.  He got most of the air out of the bag and tied it off and let it cool.

After the bag has cooled to room temperature he took 2 fully colonised jars of wbs and dumped them into the trashbag with the manure.  He closed off the bag and mixed the manure/spawn well.

He then used a clean scooper and dumped the poo/spawn into poly bags from sporeworks.  With this method he gets three bags from 2 colonised quart jars and one pasteurised load of poo.

The poo bricks are removed from the bags when fully colonised.  They probably weigh about 5 lbs each! hehe hehe :laugh:

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10744474 - 07/26/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks a lot for your reply Olgualion!! I will be trying this method!! What are those poly bags from Sporeworks? Are they really needed?

:peace:
Alex

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

OfflineUpSwell
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10744565 - 07/26/09 06:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Love the stacked bricks.  Making shapes and sculptures with bulk substrate was just discussed round these heya parts, this looks like more inspiration to me!

Offlineradiantthought
Like a boss
Male

Loc: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    #10744696 - 07/26/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AlexP said:
Thanks a lot for your reply Olgualion!! I will be trying this method!! What are those poly bags from Sporeworks? Are they really needed?

Alex

I believe he is referring to the filter patch bags.

--------------------
I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting.

This is your new mantra, say it every day when you wake up for good health.

AlexP said: that's a good mantra for week one. The mantra for week two should be: "I will not improvise. I will not improvise. I will not improvise."

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: FC with some poo cakes (PICz) [Re: radiantthought]
    #10744721 - 07/26/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

ah thats cleared it up, i thought they were just poo cakes not poo mixed with spawn.

I didnt even see the TC tag.

I thought a coolmist would easily keep that tub in the high 90's even with alot of holes?

Dont they keep greenhouses in the 90's with slits in the walls?

whats mister hygrometer say? lol

so many questions! i cant do stuff like this so its the only way i understand

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: FC with some poo cakes (PICz) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10748699 - 07/27/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks all.

Those are the bags that radiantthought pointed to.  You'll get away without the filter patch (much cheaper too).  My buddy sealed them a few tries ago, and when he noticed next to no growth after three days, he opened one up.  Smell of Bacteria!!  He opened all of the bags/ lowered the temp and was able to out race the bacteria with daily fannings of the poo bags.

So dont seal em, keep them in the 70's F and let the bags have circulation on all four sides.

He is attempting something now that should be cool if it works.  He went through the process in the post above this but just left the spawn/poo in the trashbag.  He got all of the air out and tied it closed. Then lots of little holes were poked into the trash bag to allow for AE/GE during colonisation.  I don't expect it to work, but if it does, I'll post about it.

Here is a pic from today:

The cluster on the left there will be cloned.

I wish the pinset was a bit more even/full.  I'm gonna blame MS and this ghetto FC.  But we'll see when he grows out that clone.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10748764 - 07/27/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

radiantthought said:
Quote:

AlexP said:

Alex

I believe he is referring to the filter patch bags.

Quote:

Olgualion said:
Thanks all.

Those are the bags that radiantthought pointed to.  You'll get away without the filter patch (much cheaper too).  My buddy sealed them a few tries ago, and when he noticed next to no growth after three days, he opened one up.  Smell of Bacteria!!  He opened all of the bags/ lowered the temp and was able to out race the bacteria with daily fannings of the poo bags.

So dont seal em, keep them in the 70's F and let the bags have circulation on all four sides.

He is attempting something now that should be cool if it works.  He went through the process in the post above this but just left the spawn/poo in the trashbag.  He got all of the air out and tied it closed. Then lots of little holes were poked into the trash bag to allow for AE/GE during colonisation.  I don't expect it to work, but if it does, I'll post about it.

Here is a pic from today:

The cluster on the left there will be cloned.

I wish the pinset was a bit more even/full.  I'm gonna blame MS and this ghetto FC.  But we'll see when he grows out that clone.

Thanks a lot!! I will try this out! Maybe I would roll the blocks in some vermiculite to help improve the pinset!

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #10749012 - 07/27/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Thanks a lot!! I will try this out! Maybe I would roll the blocks in some vermiculite to help improve the pinset!

Certainly, good luck Alex.  We've been debating whether to "dunk and roll" since they were introduced to the FC.  I think he will do it when the cakes/bricks need hydration.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleFractalXplora
Grainiack
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #10749538 - 07/27/09 01:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sure it will work, same as a straw log would i suppose, i'll all up for doin things on the cheap! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: FC with some poo cakes (PICz) [Re: FractalXplora]
    #10762062 - 07/29/09 01:57 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Here is an update pic from earlier today.

Clusters of pins:

Two of the blocks acquired small spots of some dark green mold! :frown:

Against my advice he just broke off the contaminated sections and put them back in the fc.

They all are pinning now.  Hopefully they won't all contaminate.  We'll see...

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10762445 - 07/29/09 03:04 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

That's so sad... :frown:  :sorry:

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #10768476 - 07/30/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Tis all good...

It has been a couple of days and none of the green has returned.

107 g (wet) was plucked off of the one cake.

The rest are still doing okay.

Here is a harvest pic:

So at least he was able to get a few trips for this weekends music festival.  Plus he cloned one after the pic was taken.  So, success in my eyes despite the ugly green.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10768851 - 07/30/09 02:08 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I hope it doesn't return!!!
I harvested 40 grams last night of a cake, in 2 mushrooms! ^^ Had very nice trails going around!! :grin:

Best of luck!

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #10770571 - 07/30/09 07:32 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks bro, I appreciate it! :smile:

Sounds like you had a good time last night!! :mushroom2:

Here is an update pic of the poo brick with the clusters on it:

I was worried when I first saw them that they were all going to abort because the caps seemed unusually dark, but my friend says they are continuing to grow with the dark caps so...  I'm glad I was wrong! lol

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10770616 - 07/30/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I had a great time!!! Can't wait to see those little babies become big fat asses!!

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10770734 - 07/30/09 08:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

nice cluster of pins! thats a crazy cluster!

Ive had pins grow like that, kinda grey/dark infact i have a cake with pins that hve that grey look to them but they are growing.

I think it may bu just a very thin film of mycelum over the cap which makes it look like an abort

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: FC with some poo cakes (PICz) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10785378 - 08/02/09 12:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

well, our crew went to an awesome music fest this weekend and ate those pictured.  I ate a full eight and tripped a bit.  No visuals, mild body high, but everything became hillarious after about 3 or so hours and lasted a few hours.  They were very weak IMO.  I'm used to getting visuals and much more of a body high with half an eight. :shrug:

So this clone will not be kept.

But, here is an update of the other cake with the clusters.  It is a different strain, so hopefully the effort taken to clone it will be worthwhile.  Only time and a bioassay will tell.

The cakes that had the green mold sections removed haven't got it back (yet, knock on wood).

Only the two cakes have really fruited yet, and the others are only popping out a few mushies.  After the cluster flush is done, my friend will dunk them all, stick em in the fridge, roll in vermiculite and hopefully they will all flush around the same time.  I might buy my friend some perlite too.

Hopefully this next bunch will be more potent.  These were about the weakest shrooms that my friend or I have ever grown...

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale