Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Ok Getting ready to make a terrarium, a few quick questions about my setup! [Re: Project]
    #10779202 - 08/01/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The brf tek videos you'll get on my own website are the same as youtube, but MUCH higher resolution and quality.  If you have a good cable internet connection, they'll play at full screen resolution.  They're encoded at four different bitrates. My video server will test your internet connection speed, and then automatically deliver the highest quality video that your connection can support.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Ok Getting ready to make a terrarium, a few quick questions about my setup! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10779599 - 08/01/09 11:35 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
The brf tek videos you'll get on my own website are the same as youtube, but MUCH higher resolution and quality.  If you have a good cable internet connection, they'll play at full screen resolution.  They're encoded at four different bitrates. My video server will test your internet connection speed, and then automatically deliver the highest quality video that your connection can support.
RR

The websites a great resource. Even on my 3g mobile broadband i get really good quality video. theres also other sample clips that are really helpfull.

I recomend buying the DVD also.

dunking is highly recomended, cakes do so much better even on the first flush. If i dont dunk on the first flush, i still get mushrooms but its not as good as if i dunk. Once i dunk for the 2nd, the 2nd flush outperforms the first on both yeild and number of fruits.

My cakes are usually spent after the 2nd flush also since its put out most of what is availible. After harvesting 2 good flushes, the cake doesnt look to healthy anymore and even dunking the cake it comes out looking terrible. Just too beaten up and old from having mushrooms pulled of

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineMomaFUNKDance
Stranger
Re: Ok Getting ready to make a terrarium, a few quick questions about my setup! [Re: Project]
    #10780127 - 08/01/09 01:09 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

awesome, so thanks guys.  So the dunking and rolling is the norm these days eh?  Just vermiculite?  Does it make them pin quicker by dunking or rolling or what is the exact reason to do the D&R?

Offlinetonos
Mycostudent
Male User Gallery

Loc: out there
Re: Ok Getting ready to make a terrarium, a few quick questions about my setup! [Re: MomaFUNKDance]
    #10780147 - 08/01/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

shotgun ftw!

--------------------
You are only coming through in waves... Your lips move, but I cant hear what you're saying...

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Ok Getting ready to make a terrarium, a few quick questions about my setup! [Re: tonos]
    #10780417 - 08/01/09 02:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

dunking makes sure the cake is fully hydrated. You want that cake to hold as much water as it can without being water logged so it can support a healthy flush. Lack of moisture is waht causess poor pinning and small mushrooms.

Ive had cakes fruit without dunking, it was ok but much better with dunking.

Rolling in verm is kind of like a casing layer for cakes. The verm holds moisture and evaporates creating a nice climiate benificial for pinning. It also helps supply moisture to support the flush.

Regular misting will help keep rh up, rehydrate the cakes and verm a little, and fanning will help cause the evaporation of moisture than is nessesary for good pinning.

The shotgun takes care of part of this, and mistting + fanning improves on this.

Search pins pins pins pesh cake

You will see in that thread the results

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineMomaFUNKDance
Stranger
Re: Ok Getting ready to make a terrarium, a few quick questions about my setup! [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10786291 - 08/02/09 03:04 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Cool.  Like 80% of my jars are completely covered in mycelium, but there is a TON of fluffy like mycelium growing in almost all of them.  I read that Ryche Hawk said on a previous thread that the ecuadorians (the strain I have) grow alot of this cottony looking mycelium in addition to the typical spindle outreaching finger kind of mycelium.  Is this correct?  Its not the greyer shade that is usually indicative of the CW mold.  Thanks!

Also, there are tiny brown flecks in a few jars mixed in with the mycelium.  It honestly looks like some vermiculite that either got pushed through the mycelium to the outside of the jar and is wet or something.  Do you think this is what they are?  Thanks!

OfflineMomaFUNKDance
Stranger
Re: Ok Getting ready to make a terrarium, a few quick questions about my setup! [Re: MomaFUNKDance]
    #10791076 - 08/03/09 09:12 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

up for this last question I have!

Offlineradiantthought
Like a boss
Male

Loc: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    #10791361 - 08/03/09 10:18 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

"I've got something that's white and kind of fluffy and I think it's either mycelium or my cat, what do you guys think?"

Seriously, get some pics or it's more or less impossible to help you, this is why nobody has answered.

--------------------
I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting.

This is your new mantra, say it every day when you wake up for good health.

AlexP said: that's a good mantra for week one. The mantra for week two should be: "I will not improvise. I will not improvise. I will not improvise."

OfflineMomaFUNKDance
Stranger
Re: Ok Getting ready to make a terrarium, a few quick questions about my setup! [Re: radiantthought]
    #10792600 - 08/03/09 02:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, I don't have a camera.  Anyway, I am thinking its fine since its in line with what Ryche said about this strain, and its the same color as the regular rhizomorphic mycelium.

OfflineHoneyTea
New to the Game
Female

Loc: North of Mexico City, Sou...
    #10792684 - 08/03/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

FAE isn't listed in the F's in the Mushroom Glossary.  I've never noticed that before.

--------------------
My kingdom for a valid hygrometer.

"Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells us what it's like to be Beethoven, and Bach tells us what it's like to be the universe."
                              -Douglas Adams

My first grow journal: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Journal/209173).

Offlineradiantthought
Like a boss
Male

Loc: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Re: Ok Getting ready to make a terrarium, a few quick questions about my setup! [Re: HoneyTea]
    #10792758 - 08/03/09 02:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'll PM a mod and let them know, I never noticed that either.

--------------------
I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting. I will use the search function before posting.

This is your new mantra, say it every day when you wake up for good health.

AlexP said: that's a good mantra for week one. The mantra for week two should be: "I will not improvise. I will not improvise. I will not improvise."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies