Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: need Diablo 2 singleplayer help [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #10711188 - 07/20/09 06:59 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i had friends who would run bots and sell d2 items...making real life money off of hacks lol

i just wish I could look forward to a fair and honest multiplayer experience...all this talk is almost making me lose some interest in diablo period

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFreedomForAll
One Step Ahead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: need Diablo 2 singleplayer help [Re: the bizzle]
    #10713597 - 07/21/09 07:38 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I read the last 10 new posts.

Yes, gettting to hell and surviving will be hard, but it will be a fun and great feat.
I'm sorry about just giving you all that information, I agree it was too much. What makaveli8x8 said is true, the most fun is found playing with friends but I think I once heard of a program that put bots in the single player game and said random things and mimicked playing with real people.

Anyways, if you want to, download an editor, make your character lvl 60-70 with mediocre gear and you'll have some fun in hell.

I have an offer for you, however. Seing as how I play online and have a decent wealth, should you decide to experience the true side to Diablo II, I will gear you up with whatever you need for any character.

Don't want my items or help because it will ruin the experience? Doesn't matter! Do you think that the people that play in normal and even nightmare online are rich, hacking/botting bastards? No! Most of them are beginners or mediocre players and are practically in the same boat as you. Not everyone gets the best items in the games you know, and when I went without using rushing and glitched leveling, I did public tristram, baal, chaos, etc runs.

Basically it's very easy and this is the plan out:

Level:                Area:

1-15                  Tristram Runs
15-21                Tomb Runs
21-24                Cow runs
24                    Ancients (give 1 level after defeating these 3 monsters)
25-40*              Baal (normal difficulty of course)

*Though I might level to about lvl 50 to get through nightmare in your case.

40 or 50 to 70  Baal (nightmare difficulty)

70+                    Hell difficulty and on

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah... :wink:

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: need Diablo 2 singleplayer help [Re: FreedomForAll]
    #10715137 - 07/21/09 01:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know...it just suddenly seems very pointless to play diablo at all. That's why I didn't play years ago, and something inspired me to want to play. Mostly the visual style and abilities. Now it just seems like I might as well create a character with an editor, or get somebody to gear me up, and say poof I've experienced diablo 2. Hell, why not a god-mode code. I like exploration and role-playing. I just wanted to play with my cousin and look for my own items. I mean if I was playing as a necro and found a badass item for another of my characters, I don't even care, I just sell it. If it were diablo 3 and it were still fresh that would be different. But the reason I didn't get into D2 when it was in its prime was because it seemed like video-crack (well, and the hacks/bots too). I don't even know what to think of diablo anymore.  I know this sounds very pessimistic and half-thought out, and I would probably prefer to be convinced otherwise, but I was a lot happier about it before all this advice.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflineFreedomForAll
One Step Ahead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10715537 - 07/21/09 02:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
I don't know...it just suddenly seems very pointless to play diablo at all. That's why I didn't play years ago, and something inspired me to want to play. Mostly the visual style and abilities. Now it just seems like I might as well create a character with an editor, or get somebody to gear me up, and say poof I've experienced diablo 2. Hell, why not a god-mode code. I like exploration and role-playing. I just wanted to play with my cousin and look for my own items. I mean if I was playing as a necro and found a badass item for another of my characters, I don't even care, I just sell it. If it were diablo 3 and it were still fresh that would be different. But the reason I didn't get into D2 when it was in its prime was because it seemed like video-crack (well, and the hacks/bots too). I don't even know what to think of diablo anymore.  I know this sounds very pessimistic and half-thought out, and I would probably prefer to be convinced otherwise, but I was a lot happier about it before all this advice.

You just have to respect Diablo II like you respect old music I guess. My real life friend was in your same boat. He played diablo 2 back in the day and when I offered to give him working cd key sets he accepted it and played with me. He had tons of fun just using items he found in addition to some things I gave him.

You know what? Fuck everything me and everyone else said. Don't put ANY thought into what skills you want. Don't plan it out, just have fun. I remember when I just got into Diablo II and there was a certain magical feeling I had when I got all excited from picking up random yellow and brown items.

I'm so sorry dude, I didn't mean to kill your experience and that joyous feeling when playing such a unique game like this. If you want I'd be more than happy to join your ip and play with you from scratch.

I think you got the wrong idea from my past advice. You don't NEED to have GOOD shit to have fun in this game. You don't HAVE to be a high level to feel good about beating normal andariel with your assasin that YOU leveled with YOUR self found items.

To be honest having good gear actually RUINS the game because its so damn easy to beat monsters and bosses. Remember, you still have your "Diablo Innocent (lol)". You have not cheated or botted or hacked or w/e and you're not about to, right?

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: need Diablo 2 singleplayer help [Re: FreedomForAll]
    #10718182 - 07/21/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i don't think good gear ruins the game, there's always challanges if you know where to look.  it was actually the loss of good gear that made me quite D2 online, they kept resetting ladder and i refused to play on the nonladder servers.

i honestly don't think D2 was ever his kind of game.  im guessing something more like morrowind or oblivion would be more up his alley.

D2 had a single player mode but the reason the game was addicting wasn't because of it.  it seems like his main goal was an epic story to experience, for that you have to step back to diablo 1 or search elsewere.

learning a new game nomatter what it is will keep someone entertained, but once its learned what is it that keeps a person going?  after you beat normal, its not going to be the story.  its going to be everything else that i mentioned. 

with a game about hero's taking on epic bosses ect, half the point of the game is to have a party of people to do it with.  the fact that he is considering giving up on D2 all together without trying to play with one of us first...i dunno i just don't know how to take that.  i think he's scared or trying to hide something honestly lol

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Offlinethe bizzle

#10718387 - 07/21/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
with a game about hero's taking on epic bosses ect, half the point of the game is to have a party of people to do it with.  the fact that he is considering giving up on D2 all together without trying to play with one of us first...i dunno i just don't know how to take that.  i think he's scared or trying to hide something honestly lol

No, no, and no. I'm not the biggest Oblivion/Morrowind fan either. Mostly I like games to have some depth and be something more than addictive repetitive crack. And I'm sorry but you turned me off of the game more than anything. The reason I don't want to play with you, is because I am not a gamer on demand...I play randomly, when I feel like it, and don't want the pressure of somebody telling me how I can and can't play, like I cant not be perfect, or whatever, and I don't want your super items. It's more rewarding to earn things. Don't make assumptions; i don't know why you're being so disrespectful. The biggest reason I didn't want to play with you is because I had agreed to play with my cousin already. Perhaps I was right about Diablo 2 being pretty much point, click, collect, repeat-- either that or create a character, start from the very end, and have gotten the whole experience-- by the way YOU make it sound. The only thing I'm scared of is wasting my time. perhaps maybe I should thank you for saving me from that. I just wanted to have fun. Way to take all the fun out of something.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10718454 - 07/21/09 11:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

well first off i never said anything about hacking in super items, ive mentioned before starting out from scratch.  i also mentioned being in the game with someone else means you wouldn't have to create the perfect charactor which points out im not a perfect snob.

also i mentioned xfire in this thread or another one for the very reason that you mentioned playing randomly.  so it would be super easy to meet up when you felt like it.  i just get the feeling your making excusing.  for example, why would playing with your cusin have anything at all to do with playing with us.  do you know how many people ive played D2 with online during the last 10 years? 

i mean your entire post just looks like one big excuse, we've been over it all already. are you under age? do you have a cracked copy?  do you think were cops or something:confused:  seriously thats the vibe i get when i read your posts.

my only point regarding perfection was that if you planned to have fun in hell you would have to at least put a little thought into your charactor creation(which by the way can and is fun too....).  D2 is based a bit off of the dungen and dragons game, so to be good later on takes a little bit of planning.  i just assumed you wouldn't have fun dieing every 10 seconds in hell.  and i assumed you'd be even more pissed off to put in all the hours to get there only to just then find that out!

oh and clearly you don't know me, ive actually been being super nice in this thread.  i actually find it offensive that your taking offence when i was being so nice!

also, im really confused that you say your looking for a game with depth yet you don't like morrowind or oblivion, yet you think you'll find it in D2:confused: whats the point of the depth if your not trying to understand it and plan things out?

maybe your really looking for COD4, i hear that game has lots of depth

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle

#10718512 - 07/22/09 12:04 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
i mean your entire post just looks like one big excuse, we've been over it all already. are you under age? do you have a cracked copy?  do you think were cops or something:confused:  seriously thats the vibe i get when i read your posts.

am I underage? that's funny, that's exactly what I was wondering about you. I'm so glad you resorted to childish disrespect. i thought I made it clear from the beginning I torrented it, btw

And morrowind/oblivion really is not that deep. Get a quest, go from point A to point B, repeat. Not to say you cant have fun immersing yourself in it's world, but personally there's not enough to keep me drawn in. Sometimes I think it's great, but I don't really have the time for it. What playing with my cousin has to do with not playing with you is a) I don't have the time to spare, and b) I didn't want to be too far ahead of him. Also I didn't really imply I was expecting to find much depth in diablo 2, I just wanted to have fun.

You WERE being nice, and I thank you for that; I don't know why suddenly you had to turn so ugly. Anyways thanks for all the help thus far

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10718663 - 07/22/09 12:54 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

actually i think childish is when someone takes a comment and then just copy and pastes it back to me..."no im not you are"

your just overly sensitive in this thread, and im not sure why other than i hit a soft spot.  you'll see i never called you anything.  my main points directed towards trying to figuer out why it seemed like you keep giving excuses.  i can handle real answers, i just can't help not pointing out excuses with holes in them.  for example, the cusin thing again.  you've mentioned you had 3 charactors, and you could also create another from scratch, so being farther than your cusin isn't a problem. 

i just can't help but point out the obvious, that there's indeed something else behind it all.  if its nothing that i previously mentioned then purhaps its because you don't want to play with anyone that might be better than you. purhaps thats a real answer, and a honest one.  if it is then thats cool and i can accept that, because ive felt that way in games too.  it gets to the point where the better charactor gets all the action and kills and its just not fun anymore.  anyways it doesn't matter and i don't really care now

i knew you had a cracked copy from a previous post somewhere but then i started to wonder if that was someone else, but the reason i mentioned it was because in part because the following cop comment, as well as i wasn't completly sure you understood that you could still play over the net with it as you showed  no interest at all in doing so.  which seeing as how your  so short on time, i would have thought it would perk your interest alot to have friends that could fit into your free scehedual to play with.  thats the whole boom behind internet gaming, when your real friends are bissy, at a click of a button boom your ready to play when you want to play.

actually morrwind/oblivion is insanely deep for the sheer fact that its not just about quests.  mostly morrowind.  there's a magic system, there's alcemy, there's quests,collections,hidden treasures, there's clans and factions(rewards/perks), and for oblivion there's the crazy AI to play with.....if these games don't have depth....then no game has depth, hence the COD4 comment.  you said you like games with depth so i just assumed thats why you choose D2 :shrug:  what games with depth do you like?  whenever i think of depth i think of RPG's, skills, magic, fallout 1 and 2 are some more good examples.

anyways until i find my LOD case/key, id better go install oblivion. 

so have fun with your cusin, and hopefully you'll get to check out the cow level, and uber level/monsters, and diablo walking the earth, and perhaps the joy's of magic finding

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle

#10718780 - 07/22/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

the only thing I had a problem with was you started with insults when it was simply not called for. And then you keep on with it. Stop this madness please. I was just asking for some advice, not to be called a diablo sissy or anything...that's just rediculous, to say the least. Anyways it's much better to get along, don't you think

I have 3 characters, but none of them are past the first act. I told my cousin to play it by himself for a while to get the hang of it. Why IN THE WORLD would there even be any room for the possibility of making excuses...its just silly.

Quote:

i honestly don't think D2 was ever his kind of game.
the fact that he is considering giving up on D2 all together without trying to play with one of us first...i dunno i just don't know how to take that.  i think he's scared or trying to hide something honestly lol

I'm sorry, but this just comes of as very pretentious and elitist, not to mention makes a whole lot of assumptions that there really was never room for. downloading a game doesn't obligate me to anything. I could go on but this is retarded.

Anyways...It's been a while since I've played Oblivion...if I were more fresh on it, I could explain to you why I feel it is lacking in depth. Not that I don't recognize how incredibly massive it is, and there is a lot to like about it.

btw I've seen the cow level its pretty funny

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10718823 - 07/22/09 02:03 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

see my problem is the pure fact that you think that quote was an insult:nonono:...my second problem is you make excuses that don't even make sense.  lol seriously how old are you really? and no thats not an insult either because i really want to know. 

and id really like to know how it makes me an elitest too...and nobody said you were "required" to do anything. surely your not required to make excuses that don't even make sense?  and then you say im making assumptions that hold no grounds, like all your excuses actually make sense or something. 

every time you give a reason not to play, i give a fix.  every time i give a fix, i get a new reason not to play.  yet you wonder why i think there's another motive?  i never asked for excuses, and i gave fixes because they were problems easily solved.  all you ever had to say was the real reason, or you could just tell me your antisocial or flat out just don't want to.  but thats not what i got, what i got was false hope that i might have someone to game with from time to time, if a few problems were overcome.  and ultimately i was wrong.

so whats your idea of a game with depth?  or the definition of depth? I'm just confused thats all, i was expecting a few games you liked so i could maybe give you some alternatives to D2

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle

#10718851 - 07/22/09 02:15 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I told you from the beginning, don't count on me. You seemed overly pushy about it from the start, and now you just seem VERY immature. another motive? lol wtf...I DONT HAVE TO PLAY WITH YOU...LEAVE ME ALONE, PLEASE. Did you notice the title of this thread says single player? Quit sucking me into your nonsense. Let's end this interaction, please. Thank you for trying to help.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals