Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

Re: whats with people becoming christians [Re: Konnrade]
    #5611536 - 05/10/06 04:09 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I understand you completetly. Now I hang out on NationStates forum and there are way too many "religion-vs-atheism" threads. Those people just don't get it!

--------------------
enjoy life!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: whats with people becoming christians [Re: Konnrade]
    #5611558 - 05/10/06 04:26 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I dont have a real problem with Christians, other than as someone else has said with government power and enforcing it on others.

I dont care if people try to convert me either, I handle it. Sure I think its rude when someone rocks up and tells me I'm going to hell, but as above thats uncommon.

My "problem" with it, is that I dont see how intelligent people can come to that conclusion. I mean you believe things like evolution - and so you should. But how come you will follow a book that is such a hugely unreliable source.
The truth is it scares me that such a large proportion of the world can follow things like the Bible. Sure its got good parts, so does Harry Potter, but choosing to have "Faith" in a book that relies on its self for verification is a massive faux pas.

Its like if someone is spreading the fact that the sky is red. After systematicially weighing up the evidence, I'd say based on what we have observed thus far, the sky is not red.

I'd call myself a missionary of logic, because I think the world would be nicer place if we all looked a little more critically at some of the things we do as humans.

Re evaluation not transubstantiation :laugh:

Offlinee32lover
Stranger
Re: whats with people becoming christians [Re: Feelers]
    #5611577 - 05/10/06 04:41 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

This post is funny as. I agree with the general thinking, organised religion is no good, but spirutuality can greatly benefit individuals.

I have read a fair bit of the bible, it is ok, it is a good action read, like a clancy novel or something.

Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
Loc: Nappy Dub
Re: whats with people becoming christians [Re: e32lover]
    #5611607 - 05/10/06 05:17 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

My thoughts on christianity and religion

Holes can be poked in anything that is not 100% proven but accepting what is logically most reasonable is the obvious choice, radiometric dating, other dating tools and evolution disproove the idea of Christianity(I cant say the same of other religions because I am not too informed on others) The bible claims the earths age is far less than what can be logically proven

I think we are the form of energy, we are god, I am god, You are god, the sun is god, life is god.... I worship me and you and all life, I dont think one presence or one thing is god I think we are god

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: whats with people becoming christians [Re: mungojerry]
    #5611979 - 05/10/06 09:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mungojerry said:

I think we are the form of energy, we are god, I am god, You are god, the sun is god, life is god.... I worship me and you and all life, I dont think one presence or one thing is god I think we are god

Yeah and think theres shit load of gods in the clouds, me and zeus are chillin on nine; he's cool because he's the sky god of conquers  :laugh:

Edited by capliberty (05/10/06 10:50 AM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: whats with people becoming christians [Re: Feelers]
    #5619266 - 05/11/06 10:18 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I'm with you.

I have nothing against christians as individuals.

I just cannot fathom how someone could, reasonably. accept the bible as truth.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinenevermindthen
nomad
Male
Loc: gulf coast
Re: whats with people becoming christians *DELETED* [Re: Hamurabi]
    #20095254 - 06/07/14 06:38 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by nevermindthen

Reason for deletion: shroomtalk.com

--------------------
atheism is having a personal relationship with reality.

Offline1314697
Ight guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: NM
Re: whats with people becoming christians [Re: nevermindthen]
    #20095590 - 06/07/14 09:25 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Shouldnt this be in the pub?

--------------------
Far beyond Lost in Space

OfflineTripsahoy420
Panentheist
Male

Loc: Trapped between one moment and...
Re: whats with people becoming christians [Re: 1314697]
    #20095659 - 06/07/14 09:54 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

8 year old thread ... :lol:

:discorex:

--------------------

InvisibleNemodeus
Introvert

#20095932 - 06/07/14 11:21 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

nevermindthen said:
"--->as i said i am not a religious guy but nobody can prove that god doesnt exist"

....I know this was uttered a decade ago but it's still annoying.
I can't prove cap'n crunch doesn't exist in some dimension or on another fucking planet, but that's certainly no reason to give offerings to your breakfast cereal. Logic, when used properly, doesn't work that way. Religion preys on ignorance. Really the god argument just goes round in circles until someone gets bored. It's just a question of acceptance. You can accept reality as it is, or you can just make one up.

If everyone accepted everything at face value, and never dreamed of what else it might be, we would be stuck in the stone ages. Progression happens through imagination, the ability to think outside the box.

--------------------
In an entheogen influenced moment of clarity I came to understand that reality manifests as a dream from the collective subconscious minds of all conscious entities. Nothingness made something because we collectively believe it into being, and physical laws given power by the reinforcement of conscious observation. Creation, destruction, and even time itself are but an aspect of ourselves and we of them. Life and death, simply illusions we face from a limited grasp of our own existence. We are one, all is eternal.

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: whats with people becoming christians [Re: Nemodeus]
    #20096155 - 06/07/14 12:15 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe they experienced something so jaw dropping and seemingly impossible they needed to have an explanation. I have had a few trips where I felt. God was talking to me but I have come to realize it was just me talking to myself.  As long as they are happy and good to others let them do as they please

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20096183 - 06/07/14 12:24 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

nevermindthen said:
"--->as i said i am not a religious guy but nobody can prove that god doesnt exist"

....I know this was uttered a decade ago but it's still annoying.
I can't prove cap'n crunch doesn't exist in some dimension or on another fucking planet, but that's certainly no reason to give offerings to your breakfast cereal. Logic, when used properly, doesn't work that way. Religion preys on ignorance. Really the god argument just goes round in circles until someone gets bored. It's just a question of acceptance. You can accept reality as it is, or you can just make one up.

You joined the Shroomery just to post that? :lol:

In regards to the OP, do Christians know that LSD and shrooms are converting people? Maybe we should tell them so they start promoting drug use.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale