Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezenman223
The last Mohican
Male

Loc: NC
the easiest edible to grow?
    #10711059 - 07/20/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

hey guys this will be my first endeavor into edibles. i have an OLD(year or 2) syringe of enoki i got with an order from one of the sponsors. i had no interest in it at the time but recently i have really devoted myself to this hobby and really want to expand my mycological horizons. ive always LOVED edible mushrooms just never had the desire to grow them.

im curious what would you guys suggest is a fairly easy edible, along the lines of cubensis growing parameters. because i have everything needed for cubes, i also have tons of straw and i dont have the money to go out and acquire new subsrates and the like.

also is there anything like F.S.R.C for edibles, im curious because i really want to grow some edibles but i was recently laid off(from a really good job:frown:)and unemployment isnt even payn all my bills so i dont even have $20 to spend on prints/syringes. or is there anyone who may have a print or culture laying around they dont need?

lastly can i inoculate this enoki syringe(if its still good) to a grain spawn and then spawn to straw and fruit? thanks for the help.

--------------------
"I think I am, therefore I become."
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHorticulture
Mycocurious
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: the easiest edible to grow? [Re: zenman223]
    #10711492 - 07/20/09 08:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Probably Pleurotus ostreatus (Common/Tree Oyster) is the easiest. They're incredibly aggressive, and prolific fruiters.  They were the first thing I tried, and I got them to fruit on an unsterilized phonebook.  Not that that's a good way to grow them... but that's testament to how easy they are to cultivate.

Sadly, I don't have any spores at the moment.

--------------------
The Plant Mage Guild

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: the easiest edible to grow? [Re: Horticulture]
    #10712120 - 07/20/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Oysters, Lions Mane  there's a few others but those are the easiest.IMO  If you what some medicinals then Reishi is very easy.
I have a few cultures shoot me a pm and I will let you know what I have.
CH

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order