Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: benbujwah]
    #10713795 - 07/21/09 08:31 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've done it recently while hunting.  I started hearing things in the woods that weren't making any noise or the noises became exaggerated.  My vision became distorted but I was still able to spot and pick the shrooms just fine.  I was probably only Level 2'ing it though.

I did get sketched for a minute in the woods and realized then that it was just the shrooms.  What I disliked while trippin off the shrooms I was picking was:  sweating my ass off, spiderwebs, spiders, prickly briars and leaving with a big ole bag full of shrooms.

Oh it was not on my property.  Looking back I probably won't do it again for a while.

I have done it pleny o' times before though:cool:

Good luck and yeah the music sounds like a good idea!:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanadadreaming
Male

Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: Smokey186]
    #10713809 - 07/21/09 08:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Smokey186 said:
What if you eat a few doses of the wrong kind?

hopefully you are a little more experienced than to just eat random shrooms you find.  Plus cubes are awfully distinct.

Offlinefreemind
Stranger
Male

Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #10714142 - 07/21/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

shroomgatherer said:
What I disliked while trippin off the shrooms I was picking was:  sweating my ass off, spiderwebs, spiders, prickly briars and leaving with a big ole bag full of shrooms.

What? You dislike that? :confused:

--------------------

Offlinefreemind
Stranger
Male

Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: canadadreaming]
    #10714147 - 07/21/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

canadadreaming said:
Quote:

Smokey186 said:
What if you eat a few doses of the wrong kind?

hopefully you are a little more experienced than to just eat random shrooms you find.  Plus cubes are awfully distinct.

Didn't he say he was going with a sober friend? If he knows anything about mushrooms that sounds like a pretty good safety buffer.

--------------------

Offlineshroomgatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: freemind]
    #10714192 - 07/21/09 10:05 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

freemind said:
Quote:

shroomgatherer said:
What I disliked while trippin off the shrooms I was picking was:  sweating my ass off, spiderwebs, spiders, prickly briars and leaving with a big ole bag full of shrooms.

What? You dislike that? :confused:

I like that...unless you are tripping on shrooms and about to hop the fence on the way out and you think the po-po might approach you...it makes ya feel a bit sketched.

Offlinefreemind
Stranger
Male

#10714271 - 07/21/09 10:20 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ohh... got it. :cop:

--------------------

Offlinecanadadreaming
Male

Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: freemind]
    #10714765 - 07/21/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

haha I stuffed em in my hat when I was shroomin

OfflineJesterian
Psychonaut
Male
    #10714997 - 07/21/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You know what they say.. One crime at once.

--------------------
With psychedelics, I've always found that less is more.

Offlinechaoskie
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: Jesterian]
    #10715557 - 07/21/09 02:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I would never do it out on the field.... After what happened to a friend of mine while we were in Montenegro... He was trippin and i was but i was in the field next to him, i happened to glance over at him and he was laughin and runnin around and chasin the cows while drooling. I just shook my head and laughed then out of the corner of my eye i saw a farmer pull up a 20 gauge and aimed right at him, pretty far away though about 50-60 yards, BOOOM BOOM it was like slow motion and he fell on the first shot then got up and then was shot again. he screamed and then he had a burst of adrenaline and ran and ran so fast like i've never seen before. I hauled ass still trippin and those images kept running through my mind as i was running, scared... It had penetrated through his thick camo coat and about 9-10 were lodged in his back, his GF pulled them out. He works out alot and is ripped so i guess that helped it not go all the way through.
I'm pretty sure the farmer was thinking he was going to kill the cows like some poacher.

Be oh so careful out there.

btw it wasn't our fields

Offlineshroomgatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: chaoskie]
    #10715625 - 07/21/09 02:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

^ excellent reason not to shroom while trippin!

However, if you had permission from the landowner...and didn't have to worry about getting shot...it would help ease the mind and be ailllright:thumbup:

That or have some xanax on hand.

Offlinechaoskie
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10715663 - 07/21/09 02:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

lol yeah xanax might do the trick, but i live back in florida now, I'm still scared as hell to go back out to the fields. idk probably trauma or somethin  :curbyourenthusiam:

Offlinemycochef
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10715739 - 07/21/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I say go for it even if you don't get 100 feet from where you start the trip is in the journey.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: chaoskie]
    #10715749 - 07/21/09 02:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

chaoskie said:
I would never do it out on the field.... After what happened to a friend of mine while we were in Montenegro... He was trippin and i was but i was in the field next to him, i happened to glance over at him and he was laughin and runnin around and chasin the cows while drooling. I just shook my head and laughed then out of the corner of my eye i saw a farmer pull up a 20 gauge and aimed right at him, pretty far away though about 50-60 yards, BOOOM BOOM it was like slow motion and he fell on the first shot then got up and then was shot again. he screamed and then he had a burst of adrenaline and ran and ran so fast like i've never seen before. I hauled ass still trippin and those images kept running through my mind as i was running, scared... It had penetrated through his thick camo coat and about 9-10 were lodged in his back, his GF pulled them out. He works out alot and is ripped so i guess that helped it not go all the way through.
I'm pretty sure the farmer was thinking he was going to kill the cows like some poacher.

Be oh so careful out there.

btw it wasn't our fields

Remember what I was saying?

Quote:

Trespassing in the middle of the night while very high on shrooms and possibly stumbling into a rifle sporting farmer is a bad idea.

That is the EXACT situation I was talking about. BAD BAD BAD idea. When I was a youngen my buddies always got a kick out of trespassing on skyscraper construction sites and such when we were tripping on whatever. It almost always ended with us being chased by security or the cops. At some point I decided simply sitting somewhere in nature hugging trees was just a better way to spend a trip. Though I must say sitting on the rim of THIS BUILDING when it was only half finished but already had its final height high on acid with my feet dangling down from the top platform was really something else (we carried two cases of beer up 77 stories and it ended with us being chased by security AND the cops this time):

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: benbujwah]
    #10715880 - 07/21/09 03:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

benbujwah said:
I'm thinking bout eating a couple grams and going mushroom hunting tonight with my buddy (who won't be tripping).  We own the pastures which we will be hunting so getting caught isnt a big factor.

Just curious if anyone has had experience doing this.

I think it would be pretty cool to have a mild trip while huting... any advice or comments?

Not tripping but a eating like a 1/2 gram, or whatever amount you first feel the come up on with works for me, it seems to help with spotting. 2 grams though, I'd be much useless in the finding of mushrooms, would be fun though.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: falcon]
    #10715887 - 07/21/09 03:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What I sometimes do is go on a hunt early and when I have enough I eat some fresh right there. Then I go for a long hike in the woods that are located right next to my favorite lib fields. That is awesome.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10715923 - 07/21/09 03:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

A guy I hunt with says, you have to eat the first one you find, that way the rest of them can't hide from you.

I like eating fresh ones also, in the early afternoon, makes for a pleasant walk.

Offlinetangoking
Lover of Boletes
 User Gallery

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Re: Tripping while hunting? [Re: CubieMcCuberton]
    #10715961 - 07/21/09 03:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CubieMcCuberton said:
ehhh tripping with loaded guns?  Sounds kinda sketchy to me man,I also
don't think I could shoot/killanything while on shrooms

rofl!

--------------------
Smurfette artwork reference:
https://www.guyhepner.com/product/smurfette-with-flowers-by-herr-nilsson/

Offlinemadchef81
capt.ketchup
Male User Gallery

Loc: CityofChamps Flag
Re: Tripping while hunting? [Re: tangoking]
    #10716082 - 07/21/09 03:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Used to eat them walking threw the woods of wv.  What a great expieriance running into other hunters all just passing on the good vibes.  This dude is not gonna get shot its his property.  Taking shrooms while on the prowl brings you closerr to mother earth, really buts you in touch.

--------------------
Raoul Duke: We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full og cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also a qt. Of tequila, qt. of rum, case of beer, pint of raw either, & two dzn amyls.  Not that we need it, but once you get locked in a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.  The only thing that worried me was the either.  There is nothing more irresponsable and deprived than a man in the depths of an either binge.

OfflineFrenchieWelli
Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gold Coast
Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10716224 - 07/21/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
What I sometimes do is go on a hunt early and when I have enough I eat some fresh right there. Then I go for a long hike in the woods that are located right next to my favorite lib fields. That is awesome.

I do the same mate, go for a hunt, eat a few freshies in the field and then I just keep walking. New Zealand is the best place in the world for that. The cops are super mellow and if you happen to get busted by a farmer, chances are he'll take you to the pub and get you a beer... no guns or violence. It really helps when tripping

--------------------

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping while shroom hunting? [Re: FrenchieWelli]
    #10716270 - 07/21/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That's awesome. I hunt on public property here 99% of the time, so that's actually partly MINE, as I pay taxes in this country :wink:
Nobody has ever molested me so far either.
I know you are European so this doesn't apply to you, but I don't think that an American that's never been to Europe is actually able to understand just how relaxed the authorities here are with regards to enforcing stupid anti drug laws as long as it's pretty obvious that you are just a harmless person getting high and not some drug dealing kingpin. I've been openly smoking weed in public places here for almost 25 years ever since I was a teenager and nobody's ever been uptight about it. Never ever.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract