Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Mycelium colonization whilst I'm away??
    #1070945 - 11/20/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'm thinking that this will work, but I'm not sure so I'd love some feedback.  First off I've never grown before, this will be the first time.  I have everything I need for the MMGG, I am just waiting for a spore syringe to arrive now.  Ok so I'm in college and I go on break Dec 20 for Christmas, as in that will be the last day that I'm in my apartment.  I am thinking that I will get everything ready Dec 19, boil my jars (since I don't have a PC  :frown: ) and let them cool overnight.  I will innoculate on the 20th, and set in a warm dark place.  There is no risk of these jars being disturbed.  I will be away until Jan 13 at the latest, maybe Jan 10 at the earliest.  That is 21-24 days from the time I will have left, which seems pretty good for mycelium growth.  I was originally going to use a simple tub inside a tub incubator, but I realized that (1) I won't be here to refill the water and (2) the cakes may colonize too fast.  Then when I come back I should be able to induce fruiting either right away or within a week or so.  Now the problems that I've thought of so far are as follows:  (1)  If contams occur, I will not be here to see them and will therefore be unable to remove them; (2) If the mycelium colonizes very quickly, I may end up with pins growing inside the jars and then rotting due to lack of air circulation.  Of course being a newbie I'm probably not experienced enough to remove contams without fucking the project even more, but it still struck me as a potential problem.  I also think it's good that I'm not here, because my newbie anxiousness/curiousness will not get the better of me, and I will not touch the jars whatsoever (and nor will anyone else).  Well I haven't grown at all before, so I have no idea whether this would work or not.  I'd love it if it would work, because as soon as I get back to school I could induce fruiting and also because being away from the jars for 3 weeks would help reduce my anxiousness.  However, if it won't work, or even if the risks are too high, I will just wait till after break because it would be quite stupid to screw up in this manner when a little patience would go a long way.  Well anyway, thanks a lot for anticipated advice.   

--------------------
ha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Mycelium colonization whilst I'm away?? [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1070963 - 11/20/02 04:35 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

it'll work. they wont pin in the dark and thats a good amount of time to leave them. go for it.

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

#1070997 - 11/20/02 04:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Another slightly related question: I'm planning on innoculating 6 jars. Assuming there are no contams (highly unlikely, I know) how smart would it be to induce fuiting in the following three ways (at the same time): (1) use 2 of MMGG's 'poor man's terrarium (the 2 litre bottle) for 2 of the cakes; (2) use a tupperware container with perlite on the bottom to fruit 2 whole cakes; (3) use a tupperware container to fruit 2 cakes using casing for dummies (http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html). I will use these 3 methods simultaneously on the assumption that number 1 will be very safe but have low yields, number 3 will be the most risky but have potential for the highest yields, and number 2 will be the median between 1 and 3. Just wondering how smart this seems; I know there will be no control but I'm thinking it might be the best way to decide how to fruit in future grows. Thanks.

--------------------
ha

Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

Loc: Northern Ireland
Re: Mycelium colonization whilst I'm away?? [Re: MsPacMan]
    #1071020 - 11/20/02 04:46 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah you will have totally no problem with that, and the jars will probably benefit from not being over-anxiously handled a couple of times a day :wink:  Get a load of jars going and come back to a nice snowy cupboard :laugh:

--------------------
--
Freak out baby, the bee is coming.

Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

#1071036 - 11/20/02 04:50 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds great, you'll love the casings :laugh:  What strain are you using?

--------------------
--

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: Mycelium colonization whilst I'm away?? [Re: cookdandbombd]
    #1071046 - 11/20/02 04:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I was originally going to use amazonians but on some advice I switched to Eqs. Also, since I don't have to pay for heat in my apartment, it would be beneficial to turn the thermostat up to say 75 F right?

--------------------
ha

Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

#1071112 - 11/20/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

EQs are great, they will grow no matter what :laugh:  You won't have a problem with them.

For colonisation you could even turn the heating up to about 80.

--------------------
--

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1071120 - 11/20/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

A future shroom guru in the making. Already experimenting! Way to go dude.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: Mycelium colonization whilst I'm away?? [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1071992 - 11/20/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you for your confirmation guys.  I am so relieved that this will work!  I am patient enough to wait till after my break, but I'd much rather not; now I'm so happy that I don't have to :smile:.  Thanks for the compliment too Garvin, I'm glad that I'm able to go about this intelligently.  Might as well see what works the best right?  Thanks again guys, later. 

P.S. -- Very glad to hear my EQs are a good choice!

--------------------
ha

Edited by shroominbloom (11/20/02 10:33 PM)

Anonymous

#1072134 - 11/20/02 11:16 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

better hide the jars under the bed or something. The cleaning lady and inspector or whoever else may enter. They dont know you have jars but if you leave them in plain sight, thats bad.

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: Mycelium colonization whilst I'm away?? [Re: ]
    #1072136 - 11/20/02 11:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

That is very true . . . lucky for me my apartment complex has a strict policy that no one may enter without prior authorization from the tenant (me), but who would pass up free insurance?? That would just be dumb. Thanks for the suggestion.

--------------------
ha

Anonymous

#1072298 - 11/21/02 12:13 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

If someone enters w/o ur permission and finds shroom jars or weed will you get busted?

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

#1072379 - 11/21/02 12:52 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sure that you will get in trouble; also they have some clause where if urgent repair/care/etc. is neccessary, they can enter immediately, and I'm sure they'd exploit that in court . . . but I highly doubt they'd look under my bed upon entrance, and that's an excellent place to keep it nice and dark since I have a box spring skirt  :smile:.  But anyway if they entered without my permission I'm sure that the discovery of any schedule 1 substance being produced would override their security policy even without that clause. 

--------------------
ha

Anonymous

#1072436 - 11/21/02 01:11 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You might end with 2 years probation instead of 5 years in jail. One man told me the cops entered his house w/o a search warrent. They tricked his dad into letting them enter. They found weed and other stuff. He got 2 years probation.

Offlinedets
higher mind andeducation
    #1072553 - 11/21/02 01:43 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

but they got permission. remember without you giving consent they can't search. if they do, if will constitute as an illegal search and be inadmissable in court. basically you will walk on the charges, but get busted for all you ish. the way i see it , you lose either way. i'm on my way to being a lawyer, but there are definatly some things in the system that aren't fair to everyone.

--------------------
"patriotism is the virtue of the vicious"

Offlinebillyjean
Stranger
Re: Mycelium colonization whilst I'm away?? [Re: dets]
    #4011292 - 04/04/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

do it

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract