Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Funny Christ Rant
    #10708991 - 07/20/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

(Made me laugh my ass off. Hopefully you too)

www.LIFESUCKS.INFO
"Christ died for your sins!" - Christianity

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever
believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" - John 3:16

Apparently we are supposed to be impressed by this. However:

First of all, "only begotten son". God, being omnipotent, could have billions of sons
any time he wanted, so the fact that Jesus was his only son is not terribly meaningful.

Secondly, what's the big deal about Jesus dying for us? I mean, he came back to life
a few days later, didn't he? And, being omnipotent, he can apparently transition back
and forth from being alive to dead whenever he wants, so his death was not any sort
of sacrifice whatsoever.

He did, however, allow himself to die in an unpleasant away, enduring some
moderate amount of torture or pain for a few days. It was a far easier death than a lot
of cancer or AIDS sufferers face, but still, it was something. "Christ suffered briefly
for your sins!" is more accurate, but I guess this slogan wouldn't be all that great a
selling point for Christianity.

Or how about, "For God liked the world somewhat, so he allowed the only son he
ever bothered to have to suffer briefly, so that some people could escape the hell
which God created".

If I could somehow cleanse millions of people of their sins (whatever the fuck that
means) and save them all from hell by dying in some unpleasant fashion, I would be
willing to do so. And I do NOT have the ability to bring myself back to life, which
would make mine a far bigger sacrifice than that of Jesus. I guess this makes me
more loving than either God or Jesus. Feel free to worship me if you like.

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Funny Christ Rant [Re: Almond Flour]
    #10709027 - 07/20/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

although I agree with him on that shit, the rest of his website reminds me of a crying emo kid who was just a social reject his whole life.  I can't empathize though because I don't know what it's like to let shit get to my head and cry like a bitch on the web.

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Funny Christ Rant [Re: PreparationH]
    #10709142 - 07/20/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

no offense, but that guy doesn't know the first thing about christianity. sounds like something a freshmen would write in their first college philosophy class.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Funny Christ Rant [Re: JT]
    #10709158 - 07/20/09 12:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You guys are taking this dude too serious.

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#10709169 - 07/20/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

? I agreed with the religion thing.  Christianity is as ridiculous as scientology it's just been around so long people are conditioned to it.

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

#10709173 - 07/20/09 12:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You don't have to know much to be able to see that it's bullshit.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Funny Christ Rant [Re: EdgeChaos]
    #10709179 - 07/20/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You guys are also taking the bible too seriously as well :lol: Theres some great things in there im discovering. Taking it too literal is obviously insane

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #10709180 - 07/20/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Aren't we all children of god?

Aren't we all part of god, from god?

Thou art god.

Jesus was right, but the message was scrambled.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#10709181 - 07/20/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EdgeChaos said:
You don't have to know much to be able to see that it's bullshit.

yep.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#10709186 - 07/20/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

dude don't even waste yout time with the bible.  Trust me, I read the whole thing.  Really great things to learn?? Yeaaaa like Sodom and Gomorrah...

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #10709188 - 07/20/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i know, and i'm not trying to defend christianity. those are just really juvenile arguments. it's not really funny when it's so obvious that the guy doesn't have a clue and just wants to be a 'sophisticated christian basher'

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#10709196 - 07/20/09 12:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

everyone should bash religions.  It's like people walking around saying they believe 2+2=5 but for some reason no one touches on it because it's a belief.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#10709207 - 07/20/09 12:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I tell people I'm a Scientologist. It makes for interesting conversations lol.

For real tho, FSM FTW.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

Live long and prosper.

Offlinezenman223
The last Mohican
Male

Loc: NC
    #10709209 - 07/20/09 12:33 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like this guys life sucks and he has nothing better to do than bash a religion he knows nothing about. jesus (whether you believe he is real or not) was new covenient. he was meant to be the last blood sacrifice for all people who had to do animal sacirifice befor him to cleanse their sins.

thats what the deal is about him dying for us.

--------------------
"I think I am, therefore I become."
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain 

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Re: Funny Christ Rant [Re: zenman223]
    #10709213 - 07/20/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

LOLLERSKATES

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#10709220 - 07/20/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zenman223 said:
sounds like this guys life sucks and he has nothing better to do than bash a religion he knows nothing about. jesus (whether you believe he is real or not) was new covenient. he was meant to be the last blood sacrifice for all people who had to do animal sacirifice befor him to cleanse their sins.

thats what the deal is about him dying for us.

awesome you know about mythology.  The point is, it's a fuckin sham dude. sham fuckin wow.

Offlinezenman223
The last Mohican
Male

Loc: NC
    #10709264 - 07/20/09 12:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

so are you gonna say jesus wasnt even a real person too?

i dont care what anyone believes and im not gonna say that anyones wrong in what they believe. the fact is you cant prove what you believe is right anymore than i can. so you shouldnt say what other people believe is wrong.

--------------------
"I think I am, therefore I become."
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain 

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#10709281 - 07/20/09 12:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

na i think he probably walked the earth, just that over the centuries a lot of people made up the bible we have today.

Why not? I don't believe IN ANYTHING.  the bearing of truth lies in believers, so what I have is no belief and their belief, in my opinion, is bat shit insane.  If you think you hear god's voice, consider medication.

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #10709286 - 07/20/09 12:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Funny read, but a little thin.

I found this article while stumbling.

Great read, long, but good.

How You Can Know There Is No God

How You Can Know There Is No God

Wayne Adkins

July 17, 2009

There is no God. How could I just make an assertion like that? Why wouldn´t I say "I believe there is no God" or "I don´t believe there is a God"? After all, I am making a negative assertion, an assertion that something does not exist. To prove that something does exist, one need only provide a single example of a things existence. But, we are often told, to prove a negative assertion, an assertion that something does not exist, one must conduct an exhaustive search of the universe or have complete knowledge of everything. So to prove God does not exist, we are often told, one must possess god-like abilities. This is rubbish. A negative assertion can be proven.

Take the case of square circles. I can claim with confidence that square circles do not exist. I don´t need to conduct an exhaustive search of the universe or be omniscient to prove this. Just a basic understanding of squares and circles is all that is required. From my basic understanding of squares and circles I can reason that squares and circles are, by definition, contradictory shapes which cannot exist in a single entity. No genius level intellect is required. No omniscience is required. Negative assertions can be proven by demonstrating that whatever is being proposed contains contradictory attributes which cannot exist in the same entity.

The same thing can be done with the existence of God. Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." That verse refers to the beginning of the heaven and the earth while God is presupposed by the author and described elsewhere in the Bible as eternal. God is described as having no beginning and the existence of everything else is attributed to God. So according to the Bible, and just about every other creationist narrative, God has always existed and created everything else that exists. If true, this would mean that at some point, God was the only thing that existed.

I´ll come back to that point in a moment. I want to talk a little about what thought is and what is required for thought to occur. I once asked a German woman who had been living in the United States for about twenty years if she now thought in English or if she still thought in German and translated on the fly. She told me that she still thought in German. I think in English, Russians think in Russian, the French think in French etc. We use words, audible sounds, to represent objects, people, places or ideas. We use those words as tools in our heads to form ideas or to solve problems. When I say the word "spoon" an English speaking person conjures up the idea of a spoon in their mind.

Some people have never heard the word spoon before. People who were born deaf rely on imagery for thought the way hearing people rely on audible sounds. But what of people who were born deaf and blind? Are they not capable of thought? Of course they are. Helen Keller is a remarkable example of that. But she had to be taught to use her other senses to compensate for her lack of vision and hearing. She learned to read Braille and eventually became a more insightful thinker than most.

But what would happen if a person were born with no sensory organs? What if they had a perfectly good brain, but no way to input information from their own bodies or the world around them? What if they couldn´t see, hear, feel, taste or smell? Could they become equipped to think in that condition? Could they learn some kind of language to handle thought with? They would be completely unaware that they or anything else exists. They would be incapable of thought because they would be aware of nothing and they would have no language with which to describe anything whether object, person, place or idea.

Now turn that scenario upside down. What if a being had unlimited abilities to perceive the world around them, but nothing existed? That being would be in exactly the same predicament as the being with no senses. Now we are talking about the position God would be in prior to creating anything else. God could never have seen, heard, tasted, touched or smelled anything. God could never have heard someone else speak or spoken to someone else. No one else existed yet. There would be no language to speak with. Remember, language describes things and no things exist. Could a being think in this scenario? What would He think about if nothing exists? How could language exist if there were nothing to describe and why would one exist with no-one to listen to your description? Without matter there would be no language. Nouns exist to identify people, places and things. But no people, places or things exist in this scenario. Verbs exist to describe actions. But what action can occur when nothing can be done? Without matter there can be no language and without language there can be no thought. Without thought there can be no intelligent beings. Some people assert that matter could not have come into existence without some intelligent being to create it. But the reality is that no intelligence could exist without matter.

Some would say God could think about Himself since He existed. What would He think about Himself? That He is mighty? What does might mean when you are the only being that exists? Mighty compared to whom? Mighty by what standard? God could have done exactly nothing for all of eternity past. After all, what can there possibly be to do if nothing exists and how could a being who had never done anything be described as mighty? Could He consider Himself holy? Again, by what standard? Because He hadn´t sinned? Tell me what sin can be committed when nothing and no-one exists but you? He couldn´t lie or steal or kill or covet. Holiness is meaningless without context because no sin could be committed. Every description of God would have to be made in the context of something else and if there was nothing else then there wasn´t even a sufficient context for a God to think about Himself.

The knee-jerk reaction of most theists is to claim that I am describing the framework with which human beings think and then projecting that onto God who is not bound by such a framework. Our feeble human minds simply cannot approach an understanding of a mind like God´s they would say. But most human minds are fully capable of understanding straightforward logic and that is what I am presenting here. Intelligence requires thought. All thought requires language. All language requires something to describe and a means for communicating that description. Therefore, intelligence cannot exist without matter. So when someone says that we simply cannot understand how God was capable of thought before the existence of matter because we cannot understand how God´s mind works, what they are really saying is that the idea that any being could be capable of thought before the existence matter is illogical. I would agree with that. It is completely illogical.

"Hold on!" says the theist. "In addition to being eternal, God is omniscient. God knows everything and He always has. So God never needed sensory input to learn about anything. And since God knows the future, all languages were available to him to think with. Since God is not bound by time he has always been aware of everything that would eventually exist." On the surface this appears to be a convenient way out of this conundrum. However, all it does is create a problem I like to call the Batman conundrum.

When my son was about six years old he was watching a Batman cartoon on television. Whenever Batman got into a bind he would retrieve some gadget concealed in his belt that would allow him to do something he otherwise wouldn´t be able to do. After watching him pull several bulky gadgets out of his thin belt my son remarked that Batman couldn´t really keep that much stuff in that tiny little belt. Even at his age he recognized that it just wasn´t possible for all of those items to exist in the same belt. But to advance the plot, the cartoon´s writers kept on imagining more gadgets in Batman´s belt. When monotheists first began describing a single deity to replace the myriad Gods people used to worship, they did the same thing. They kept adding attributes that they thought would ensure that their deity was the greatest deity ever conceived. They made him eternal. After all, if God is to be an acceptable explanation for the existence of the universe, He had to exist before the universe. And of course people would ask who created God, so He had to be uncreated and eternal or people would assume that God´s creator was greater than God Himself. Then they added omnipotence and omniscience. He was all-powerful and all-knowing. But they assert that God was creative; that He designed everything that now exists. The problem is that attributes like creativity and eternal omniscience are contradictory. They cannot exist in the same entity.

If God knew everything and always had for all of eternity, then God could have never had an original thought. My former pastor once asked "Has it ever occurred to you that nothing has ever occurred to God?" I don´t think he understood the significance of that question when he asked it. Despite what the Discovery Institute, the self-proclaimed leading proponent of intelligent design, would have you believe, a God who has always known everything can´t be credited with designing anything. Everything would have always existed, at least conceptually, in the mind of God for all of eternity past.

I could take raw materials and produce a coffee cup. I could decide what size and color I wanted and what shape the handle would be and I could then use raw materials to make it. But I could not take credit for designing "the coffee cup" because I already have prior knowledge of what a coffee cup is and what it does. I can´t claim the concept as my own original idea because the concept already exists and I knew that. My prior knowledge of coffee cups prevents me from taking credit for the idea. Likewise, if everything always existed in the mind of God, at what point could it be said that God designed anything? For God to take credit for designing something, for creating the concept of something, there would have had to be a point at which that concept did not exist. For an omniscient, eternal God there would have never been a time when the "design" for everything didn´t already exist and God wasn´t already aware of it.

Creativity and eternal omniscience do not mix to make a greater God. They tie His hands and limit His ability to create. They reduce Him to, at best, a kind of information storage system for the future universe, a sort of hard drive to which nothing can be added. God would have been bound to create everything a certain way, that is, He could not create anything differently than His prior knowledge allowed. If He wanted to create something differently than it currently is, then He would have known that for all of eternity past and the current design would have never existed. He would be locked in by His prior knowledge. That does not describe a thinking, creative God. A being who has always known everything cannot consider evidence and make a decision, change His mind or create anything new. Again, what is there for a being like that to think about? Everything would have already been designed, conceived, decided and planned for all of eternity past. Just picture this deity, alone in nothingness, incapable of thought, incapable of learning, incapable of creativity, powerless to change the way things will be without compromising His prior knowledge of how things will be, waiting for all of eternity past to materialize the universe exactly the way it always existed conceptually. Absurd isn´t it?

There is no God. God is a square circle. The existence of matter is not dependant upon the existence of some intelligent designer. The existence of intelligence is dependant upon the existence of matter. Throwing attributes like omniscience at a deity doesn´t resolve the issue. It only creates different and equally disturbing contradictions.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#10709287 - 07/20/09 12:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
na i think he probably walked the earth, just that over the centuries a lot of people made up the bible we have today.

Why not? I don't believe IN ANYTHING.  the bearing of truth lies in believers, so what I have is no belief and their belief, in my opinion, is bat shit insane.  If you think you hear god's voice, consider medication.

You dont "hear" gods voice in a literal sense. You "see" and "feel" it :shrug:

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#10709296 - 07/20/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tea said:
Quote:

PreparationH said:

You dont "hear" gods voice in a literal sense. You "see" and "feel" it :shrug:

this is what I'm talking about.  It's not just belief in god dude you believe in the supernatural. also bass ackwards.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#10709306 - 07/20/09 12:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

which one of the 200+ religions do you belong to that claim their god is correct?

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#10709316 - 07/20/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
which one of the 200+ religions do you belong to that claim their god is correct?

I dont belong to a religion man. I just believe in a Higher power and Know it exists.

I dont know what its exact name, form, likes and dislikes it has.....But i know its there and have faith it it :shrug:

As for Jesus I simply believe he was a guy who was trying to get one thing across to a nation full of fucknuggets

The spirit is a real thing, and to ignore it will lead to some unfavorable consequences in this life, and the next
:strokebeard::shrug:

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#10709346 - 07/20/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

death after life, not life after death hombre.  The "spirit" you speak of is probably the same sense of self I have, when this brain in my head shuts down, so will my consciousness.  This feeling of knowing their is something greater I would say is just a chemical feeling in your head. 

http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/intelligence.html
I guess God wants his children ignorant then?

Edited by PreparationH (07/20/09 01:00 PM)

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #10709367 - 07/20/09 01:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tea said:
Quote:

PreparationH said:

I dont belong to a religion man. I just believe in a Higher power and Know it exists.

I dont know what its exact name, form, likes and dislikes it has.....But i know its there and have faith it it :shrug:

As for Jesus I simply believe he was a guy who was trying to get one thing across to a nation full of fucknuggets

The spirit is a real thing, and to ignore it will lead to some unfavorable consequences in this life, and the next
:strokebeard::shrug:

While i agree that the spirit is a real force in the world, i do not believe in a single, or multiple entities that are omniscient/omnipotent/ ect.

I dont believe in god or gods, I believe that the universe and all that it contains is the closest to a god that there is.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10709382 - 07/20/09 01:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

justin_thyme said:
no offense, but that guy doesn't know the first thing about christianity. sounds like something a freshmen would write in their first college philosophy class.

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #10709397 - 07/20/09 01:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't read through this thread yet, but this is the single biggest topic in Christianity that irks me the most.

It's the biggest misconception ever. Let's assume the history of the bible really happened:

Christ's death in itself does not make anybody saved or free from sin, etc...

the biggest point they are missing out on was that he cared for and loved the world so much that he RISKED his life, in the face of evil, in order to preach the love and compassion.

His death is representative of good vs. evil:  He showed only unbreaking love and compassion in the face of haters and bad people that put him to his death. The entire event is to show what true compassion is, and what true lack of compassion/understanding is, for those who are perceptive enough to pick up on it. That's what "he showed us our sins" is about...a perfectly good guy, put to death by ignorance

Apparently that's not very many people, and if the next incarnation was Hindu or Buddhist or what have you they would all be missing the point if they couldn't see the positivity just because he didn't proclaim Christ as the one and only son of god/ticket to heaven, etc...it's fucking retarded, for lack of a better way to put it, the most brainwashed of sects would probably denounce/persecute him just the same next time around.

Not to mention they don't make an effort to follow the true teachings of Christ because they are apparently already saved

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (07/20/09 01:10 PM)

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Funny Christ Rant [Re: the bizzle]
    #10709418 - 07/20/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
I haven't read through this thread yet, but this is the single biggest topic in Christianity that irks me the most.

It's the biggest misconception ever. Let's assume the history of the bible really happened:

Christ's death in itself does not make anybody saved or free from sin, etc...

the biggest point they are missing out on was that he cared for and loved the world so much that he RISKED his life, in the face of evil, in order to preach the love and compassion.

His death is representative of good vs. evil:  He showed only unbreaking love and compassion in the face of haters and bad people that put him to his death. The entire event is to show what true compassion is, and what true lack of compassion/understanding is, for those who are perceptive enough to pick up on it. That's what "he showed us our sins" is about...a perfectly good guy, put to death by ignorance

Apparently that's not very many people, and if the next incarnation was Hindu or Buddhist or what have you they would all be missing the point if they couldn't see the positivity just because he didn't proclaim Christ as the one and only son of god/ticket to heaven, etc...it's fucking retarded, for lack of a better way to put it, the most brainwashed of sects would probably denounce/persecute him just the same next time around.

Not to mention they don't make an effort to follow the true teachings of Christ because they are apparently already saved

this is only true if he didn't claim to be god, which in the bible it says he did, so that makes him god or a liar.  I'll choose the latter.

Offlinethe bizzle

#10709484 - 07/20/09 01:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think you understand.

I am God. "I" am the son of man. So are you. One. This is a concept repeated by other spiritual practices, and even the hippies of woodstock

my interpretation maybe, but it makes a whole lot of stuff make a whole lot more sense than how most people take it.

"I" is a universal concept, one that is easily miscontsrued as otherwise, especially when you make symbolic language sound like hell-fire preaching. Not everything is meant to be taken literally, especially when talking about things that are very deep.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (07/20/09 02:10 PM)

OfflineOctogonapus
Stranger
    #10709557 - 07/20/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Firstly, my first post... Hello everyone :laugh:

Basically, my 2¢...

I believe there was a man named Jesus, but he's not the son of god, and that was come up with later after his death. He preached love and compassion to a nation. He was a great thinker, and a great person, but not the son of god.
He teachings were taken out of context for some of the things that were written about him, and in no way did he save us from anything. Other than maybe on occasion, our own insanity, through which he might have never intended to develop from him, religion.

Everyone's always been looking for something to make life worth living, and God, and religion is just another reason people come up with to make it through today, and tomorrow...

Offlinethe bizzle

#10709559 - 07/20/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I am the mother, the father, the killer
Forever and ever all right
I am the shapeless, the deathless, remorseless
Forever and ever tonight
I'm feelin' hollow again
I am the mother, the father, the killer of light
I'm gonna cut you mother fucker, Christ's cocksucker
all right

satire FTW

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (07/20/09 02:26 PM)

Offlinethe bizzle

#10709777 - 07/20/09 02:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

0 downloads...:nonono:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#10710025 - 07/20/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Beliefs are worth nothing at all. Its the facts that matter. If there are no facts, then i start looking for bullshit. :shrug:

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

OfflineSlowlife
Winston_Smith
Male

Re: Funny Christ Rant [Re: Kada]
    #10710136 - 07/20/09 03:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:

Animism or any similar belief system that recognize an all encompassing spirituality. Do i know what will happen when my eyes shut for the final time? Fuck no.

Quote:

Kada said:
Beliefs are worth nothing at all. Its the facts that matter. If there are no facts, then i start looking for bullshit. :shrug:

Bleak

--------------------
Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number -
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few.

Offlinenatureisnurture
lover
Male User Gallery

#10710429 - 07/20/09 04:12 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus

G-is-us

We all have the ability to attain christ-consciousness. Awaken the light-body.

--------------------
"The moon reflects sunlight like humans reflect information. We wax and wane and when we become full moons, our egos are full. We think we have this knowledge when in fact, the information we have is pure. And how it reflects or shines off of us, is something we take credit for as though the moon could take credit for its brightness when, in fact, it is only reflecting light from the sun. We have to understand that we are ego-less just as the moon is without light. It and we are simply reflectors. The ego is not responsible for the information. It can reflect the information in creative ways, but the information itself is pure."

-Maynard James Keenan

ALLisONE

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Funny Christ Rant [Re: Slowlife]
    #10710833 - 07/20/09 05:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Slowlife said:
Quote:

PreparationH said:

Animism or any similar belief system that recognize an all encompassing spirituality. Do i know what will happen when my eyes shut for the final time? Fuck no.

Quote:

Kada said:

Bleak

either do I.  Thats why I don't claim I KNOW god doesnt exist.  Tea claims he KNOWS it's there.  That's scary to me.  On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being Knowing god exists and 10 being knowing god doesn't exist, I'm a 9 leaning toward 10, I'm happy as fuck too and proud of it.  For anyone to say they Know the unknowable is amusing though, it's what got us into a lot of trouble believing kooks that say that shit.  Although I say I lean toward 10 because the scales are not 50/50 in this case.  It's so improbable that an intelligent designer exists that I just go along with saying I'm atheist and not saying I believe in no god.

Edited by PreparationH (07/20/09 05:27 PM)

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

#10711944 - 07/20/09 09:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If God exists then no one on this planet is getting in to his club house.(except for Jews of course)

If God exists right now he is smiling softly as hundreds of people die and are sent to eternal torture because of the way he made them.

If God exists the bible is another one of his cruel jokes.

Honestly I cant see how anyone could believe in the new testament.

One half of the book gives you strict guidelines on how to live and do things so that you can go to heaven (only if you are a Jew). The other half tells you to forget about the first part and do things in a completely different way.

If god exists he wouldn't ever change his mind.

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
    #10711995 - 07/20/09 09:29 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EdgeChaos said:
If God exists then no one on this planet is getting in to his club house.(except for Jews of course)

If God exists right now he is smiling softly as hundreds of people die and are sent to eternal torture because of the way he made them.

If God exists the bible is another one of his cruel jokes.

Honestly I cant see how anyone could believe in the new testament.

One half of the book gives you strict guidelines on how to live and do things so that you can go to heaven (only if you are a Jew). The other half tells you to forget about the first part and do things in a completely different way.

If god exists he wouldn't ever change his mind.

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  Christ came not to trump the Jewish the law but to fulfill it. (And on it goes)
The thing I don't get is why are so many of the born agains and those who come unto Christ such blowhards for the most part?  I can count on one hand how many that have said they have "come unto Christ" and actually have some sort of depth, openess and humility about them.

--------------------
finality [faɪˈnælɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. the condition or quality of being final or settled; conclusiveness.
2. a final or conclusive act

Long live the Shroomery and I'm done with it.:toast:

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

#10712108 - 07/20/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
I don't think you understand.

I am God. "I" am the son of man. So are you. One. This is a concept repeated by other spiritual practices, and even the hippies of woodstock

my interpretation maybe, but it makes a whole lot of stuff make a whole lot more sense than how most people take it.

"I" is a universal concept, one that is easily miscontsrued as otherwise, especially when you make symbolic language sound like hell-fire preaching. Not everything is meant to be taken literally, especially when talking about things that are very deep.

I agree with you and I hate how people always have to dumn down christ to their level of understanding.

He was an enlightened being and when he said he was God he was speaking through big mind. He didn't mean his personal self was God. "well actually he was but so is everything"

Our minds are very loud and distracting and we are always running away from realizing our own divinity. Basically Christ, Buddha and all the other major spiritual teachers had the same message and the message has been distorted because the mind is incapable of grasping it.

Don't mistake the finger pointing towards the moon for the moon.

I think psychedelic's are just another finger pointing towards the moon. They are one of my favorite fingers though because they give direct experience.

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

Re: Funny Christ Rant [Re: mr.bixby]
    #10712391 - 07/20/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mr.bixby said:

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  Christ came not to trump the Jewish the law but to fulfill it. (And on it goes)
The thing I don't get is why are so many of the born agains and those who come unto Christ such blowhards for the most part?  I can count on one hand how many that have said they have "come unto Christ" and actually have some sort of depth, openess and humility about them.

That just might be because anyone with "some sort of depth, openess and humility about them." would find it difficult to believe in such things as a jewish superhero, virgin birth, an omnipresent/omniscient being, magic, water to wine, sticks into snakes, the walking dead, talking bushes, the book of revelation and talking snakes.

You seem to have forgoten that the people who made up the religion in the first place (jews/the chosen people) reject Jesus as the son of god.

I was going to get into biblical contradictions but I found this nice website that outlines the most interesting ones for me. Also I am lazy and my bullshit post is too long.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~slocks/babble.html

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
    #10714816 - 07/21/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I get what your saying and I get the contradictions, though its nice someone put them together like they did on your link.  I'm definitely not advocating Jewish or Christian theology though I do believe their was a person born as "Jesus" and he did somethings that were quite amazing though I only understand and comprehend a small part. 
But the way the Jews and the Christians put a trademark on the Messiah, (yet to come) and Jesus, (EVERYONES SAVIOR AND THE ONLY WAY TO COME UNTO GOD) I reject it.

--------------------
finality [faɪˈnælɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. the condition or quality of being final or settled; conclusiveness.
2. a final or conclusive act

Long live the Shroomery and I'm done with it.:toast:

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

Re: Funny Christ Rant [Re: mr.bixby]
    #10716548 - 07/21/09 05:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I personally live by "do unto others" and "turn the other cheek". So I'm not saying he didn't have good things to say.

All I'm saying is that you would have to be pretty crazy to actually believe that the bible is 100% true.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder