Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomspore
Newb
Male

jars not fully colonized but are they ready?
    #10698512 - 07/18/09 08:50 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I put (with the exception of 2 jars) 2cc per jar and ive seen growth, but the growth seems to have finished. Each 1 pint jar is not fully colonized, but i think that they're done because i only put 2 cc per pint so shud i transfer the grains to an FC with my coffee and coir?
(i dont have a camera so no pics sry)

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekaste
six-nine power slider
Male

Loc: Latvia Flag
Re: jars not fully colonized but are they ready? [Re: shroomspore]
    #10698527 - 07/18/09 08:56 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Do you have a filter? If not no wonder that the growth is halted. Grains need filters.

--------------------

It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.

Offlineshroomspore
Newb
Male

Re: jars not fully colonized but are they ready? [Re: kaste]
    #10701463 - 07/18/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i have polyfill in my lids, but they arnt in a space with a lot of fresh air, which i did not think was a problem

--------------------

OfflineHoneyTea
New to the Game
Female

Loc: North of Mexico City, Sou...
    #10701499 - 07/18/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Have you been shaking your jars?  Did you shake them when you inoculated?

--------------------
My kingdom for a valid hygrometer.

"Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells us what it's like to be Beethoven, and Bach tells us what it's like to be the universe."
                              -Douglas Adams

My first grow journal: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Journal/209173).

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
    #10702028 - 07/19/09 12:12 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

shroomspore said:
I put (with the exception of 2 jars) 2cc per jar and ive seen growth, but the growth seems to have finished. Each 1 pint jar is not fully colonized, but i think that they're done because i only put 2 cc per pint so shud i transfer the grains to an FC with my coffee and coir?
(i dont have a camera so no pics sry)

You can get away with 1cc per jar with pint jars.  When you say that the growth seems to have finished... do you mean that you still have areas that are not colonized?  Also, when you ask if you should transfer the grains to a FC... do you mean spawn to coffee and coir?  The reason I ask, is that I'm only familiar with Cakes being placed in Fruiting chambers.  I guess I'm not getting a clear picture on what you are doing.  Either way, if your grain is NOT FULLY COLONIZED, you shouldn't be spawning it to anything.  There is a reason for it not being fully colonized and that is usually due to contamination.  Bottom line is that if your grain is not FULLY COLONIZED, don't attempt to spawn it to any substrate.

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
Re: jars not fully colonized but are they ready? [Re: HoneyTea]
    #10702037 - 07/19/09 12:16 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HoneyTea said:

I'm not sure how much that has to do with it.  The OP obviously has growth going on, (just not full colonization).  Shaking jars when he inoculated would only cause problems with initial growth.  He doesn't seem to have that problem.

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Offlineshroomspore
Newb
Male

Re: jars not fully colonized but are they ready? [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #10708526 - 07/20/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yea i know not to shake the jars until 50% colonization, so i have refrained from moving them too much, i cannot find any bacteria so maybe i am just impatient but from what i have read i these should be ready by now and they are not, the growth is just very slow

--------------------

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: jars not fully colonized but are they ready? [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #10708609 - 07/20/09 10:13 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The shroomy 1 said:
Quote:

HoneyTea said:

I'm not sure how much that has to do with it.  The OP obviously has growth going on, (just not full colonization).  Shaking jars when he inoculated would only cause problems with initial growth.  He doesn't seem to have that problem.

I always have shaken my jars immediately following inoculation, and have no problems and nothing but success.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #10708747 - 07/20/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

shroomspore said:
yea i know not to shake the jars until 50% colonization, so i have refrained from moving them too much, i cannot find any bacteria so maybe i am just impatient but from what i have read i these should be ready by now and they are not, the growth is just very slow

You should shake when the jars are colonized up to 20% or 30%. This way you only shake once since full colonization will happen a few days after shaking.

You cannot find any bacteria?? I'm not sure what you mean by this but... bacteria is hard to find!

If you have polyfill filters you can leave them on a shelve or on a desk. If they keep stalled there is bacteria. If you shake and they don't recover there is bacteria. Toss.

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

Offlinediskrim
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: jars not fully colonized but are they ready? [Re: AlexP] * 1
    #10708787 - 07/20/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

what ive learned is uncolonized grain pushed against the jar is a bacteria. and stalled jars is a bacteria. i have had both of these problems as of which i did not think they were contamed at all. i was wrong :frown: . lets hope your right !! good luck man. but pictures say much more then words. try n get a pic up. n theres many people here that can and will help you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags