Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

many questions
    #1070761 - 11/20/02 05:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

1. has anyone attempt exeriments with sound's effect on pinning, mushrooms growth? my stero rests on my tank, and i was thinking maybe the thunder during a storm tells them to start growing?

2. i didn't put my casing in a opaque container so it started pinning all around the sides, is it ok that i take it out and form a kind of square cake? or is it better to just leave it in? (i don't get problems with contams i don't think)

3. if i do a bulk amount of brown rice flour and vermiculite in an oven bag, how much of my honeywater solution should i use for minimum incubation time

4. ditto for my dark spore syringes

5. will a litte bit of bleach in my incubator/fruiting chamber's water hurt my fruiting mushrooms? like the fumes from them

my terrarium is a rubbermaid with the bottom covered in water, fish tank heater, i put the jars in the 82 water, and i put the casings/cakes in another container at tempt 76 degrees. because its closed it also generates a fair amount of humidity.

also, someone tell me why 50 wet grams of my mushrooms produces a level one trip, i bought these mushrooms from sporeworks, i grow b+ and puerto rican.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSe77vN
PIMP

Loc: Southwest
Re: many questions [Re: ]
    #1070801 - 11/20/02 06:01 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Let me be the dirst to say DAMN. a.) I think it would be best if you limited your post to maybe one or two questions!!  b.) Read the damn FAQ's and past post's that is answers to half of your questions.
As far as the sounds experaments, well there is only one way to know and that is to find out for yourself, what could it hurt?
You should have wrapped foil around your non opaque container.
A bulk tek of BRF and Vern is not recomended, if you want BULK then look up some BULK Teks! Like Grain or POO.

=) You have got a lot of reading to do my friend. Good luck! :grin: :grin:

--------------------
A piece of advice before we part:
Don't knock of Death's door. Instead ring Deaths doorbell and run away, Death really hates that!

Edited by Se77vN (11/20/02 06:03 PM)

Anonymous

#1070849 - 11/20/02 06:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i've read the entire site, my friend. for me a bulk vermiculite brf is best.

you should have just responded saying you don't know the answers to my questions, or you don't feel like asking them.

as for the casing, i know i SHOULD have done it, but i didn't, now i just want to know how to minimise the damage

OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
    #1070900 - 11/20/02 06:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The bulk brf/verm in the oven bag doesnt work worth shit, I've blown a bunch of money trying to get it right way back in the day - it's not worth your time.

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
    #1070904 - 11/20/02 06:22 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

you just have to remember that there are some people who have spent years experimenting with mushrooms, and they have learned everything through research. this is science, not some cheap way to get drugs. so its not appreciated when people like you come in with a check list of questions for these people. treat it like a project and do your research.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #1070916 - 11/20/02 06:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The affects on sound and mushroom growth has been asked a few times. You can find your answers here.

OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
    #1070926 - 11/20/02 06:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

someone tell me why 50 wet grams of my mushrooms produces a level one trip, i bought these mushrooms from sporeworks, i grow b+ and puerto rican.

That is freshly picked (wet) mushrooms, and even at that it sounds very high.
Mushrooms are 90% water by weight, so once they are properly dried, you should be left with 10% of the wet (fresh) weight. So with 50 grams of fresh picked mushrooms, you'd end up with 5 grams or so. 5 grams is quite a bit of mushrooms for a 'level one' - I'd refer you to the dosage calculator on the shroomery main page - 1g dry or 10 grams wet should be a noticable dose - 5 grams dry is overkill for a first timer unless you are really looking to get your own ass kicked.

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: many questions [Re: JovialLeprechaun]
    #1070935 - 11/20/02 06:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

>someone tell me why 50 wet grams of my mushrooms produces a level one trip
If you eat them more than once a week, you'll build up resistance, just like with any other chemical.

Anonymous

#1071099 - 11/20/02 07:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

with the 50 grams wet thing.

it was my first time taking them in months.

earlier my friends said that the eigth i gave them didn't work, so i was like huh?
and so i ate 13 mushrooms, 50 wet grams about, and had a level 1 trip.

whats going on? i used the basic pf tek with brown rice flour. i dunked them, water resovior... uh thats about all

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1071111 - 11/20/02 07:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

i've read the entire site, my friend. for me a bulk vermiculite brf is best.

roflmao! If indeed you have read the entire site, my friend, you seriously need to take a reading comprehension course, because you haven't retained anything.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
    #1071129 - 11/20/02 07:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

1. Don't know
2. Pinning around the sides is undesirable since, I believe, they may grow out until they contact the sides of the container, get smooshed and broken, and possibly become a contamination problem as a result. As they are already doing this, I think that removing whatever is growing from the sides and putting the casing back into a container with opaque sides might be the best remedy. Are the sides of the casing pulling away from the adjacent sides of the container itself? That would, I believe, indicate a lack of sufficient moisture throughout. And practice cleanliness when handling the casing as well if you decide to remove it.
3. Don't know
4.?
5. I don't think you want bleach anywhere near them; hydrogen peroxide is used as an additive to perlite for contamination control, though.
6. 50 grams of wet mushrooms will send you to la la land, no reason why that much wouldn't!!!

Offlinefriggin wigga
fungi ingestor

Loc: Trip Land
    #1071384 - 11/20/02 09:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I too think u didn't read enough. For bulk production, you need to do use some kinda grain and mix it with some kinda casing like hay. Do some searches. Some of the other people's posts have already answered your Q's.

--------------------
- Without this precious mana, we wouldn't know ourselves.-

OfflineGhostPanther
herbsman

Loc: ?unknown?
    #1071436 - 11/20/02 09:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

1. but sometimes it doesnt thunder when it rains, yet still mushrooms are produced...might be an interesting experiment though...get yourself a control group...

2.mushrooms have a tendency to put off growth on the sides of containers, something to do with that little space of higher humidity in between the container and the substrate...patch as necessary...

...dont have time to answer the other ones.......

--------------------

http://overgrow.com
http://buddhanet.net

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation