Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I have a cake of Mazatapec in my terrarium wich has a medium size blueish spot on it and I am keeping an eye opened for contamination. My question is what happens when contam occurs? Will my shrooms grow normally but they will be poisonous? Will they grow into something twisted and weird? It won't grow at all? Some other fungus will grow on the shrooms itself? Or other....
A contamination is the introduction of a forign body into your cakes or shrooms. These are quite often forms of mold, green mold cobweb mold etc etc. If your cakes/shrooms become infected and you decide to eat them anyways you'll be risking your health and maybe even your life.
would you eat moldy bread, or say would you take a bite out of a rotting piece of meat you found laying in the sun in the middle of a field? No of course not, because they are bad for you and will do bad things to you.
If you get a contamination remove it from the rest of your cakes ASAP so that spore or what not don't infect the other cakes. Then you might try treating it with a H202 solution but in most cases it is always safer to trash or destroy the cake before it becomes a health hazard. Another importent note if you do see a contam Don't sniff it. this too can be deadly to you.
If you decide to let them grow for whatever reason eventually you'll just end up with a mass of mold and most likely infected the whole area with spores whish are bad for your health and any other cakes you are or might grow in the future
Contams don't fool around so its best not to fool around with them peace