Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineearlyriser
Stranger

Puerto Rican Strain Potency
    #1061116 - 11/17/02 10:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Sporeworks.com claims that this strain is significantly more potent than any of the other cubensis strains they carry. Do any of you have any first hand experience with this? I am a first timer, and im looking around at different strains before i choose which to grow. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: earlyriser]
    #1061131 - 11/17/02 10:26 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i personally am new to all this also. I personally havent tryed any strains other then mexicana becasue of a buddy that is helping become a shroomologist.Though im sure that there are people here that can help you out with that question

--------------------
[NubS]

Anonymous

Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: Rabbitt]
    #1061148 - 11/17/02 10:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

damn cultivator, dont take any offense, but you didnt help him at all. i mean, that was all just pointless rambling

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: Anonymous]
    #1061235 - 11/17/02 11:21 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It is a super strong strain, there is no doubt about that.
Wether it`s the most potent is up to debate.
I don`t believe SporeWorks have said it is the strongest Cubensis are much stronger than other cubensis, they do say that is is above average and very potent.
It can however be a difficult strain to grow.

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #1061301 - 11/17/02 11:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yup, Killer shit,
the PR's knocked me on my ass thats for sure. :grin: 

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1061370 - 11/18/02 12:18 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Cultivator.
mexicana is a completely different species which rarely produces mushrooms, instead sclerotia.
If you mean the mexican strain of psilocybe cubensis then drop the 'a' off the end.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: zeta]
    #1061378 - 11/18/02 12:22 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

opps zeta thx for that i hadnt noticed that i had been putting that....yes i have mexican i dont know if they are any good but o well ill try them

--------------------
[NubS]

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
    #1062058 - 11/18/02 09:25 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i think you should start with an easy to grow strain which isn't all that picky about pinning conditions and such...if you pick them early you'll get potent mushrooms with almost any strain.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: rhizo]
    #1065171 - 11/19/02 03:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

PRs, GTs, Argents and Tassies were all very potent for me off millet - all with unique characteristics. And all strongest potency for cubensis ive tried.

--------------------

Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
    #1065521 - 11/19/02 07:21 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well I've grown six strains and my pr's were most potent, they didn't surpass my EQ's by much and my EQ's were so easy to grow and fruited so nicely.  pr's are a bitch compared to eq's and most other cubbies.  I've only had success on cakes so far so the way you grow may have something to do with your results.  Then again I've grown over 500 grams of shrooms and really how much can one person eat.  My favorite cake tek is the chronic tek "OH MY GOD SO SIMPLE".  The strains I've tried are: pf,haw,b*,koh-s,pr and EQ.

Any way, good luck, though you won't need much shroom growing ain't that hard and if you fail try try again...peace!! :cool: :cool: :cool: 

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

OfflineInMyVersion
Stranger

Loc: NE USA
    #1065553 - 11/19/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

IMHO PR's are by far the most potent. Once in a while I get a weakly active PR fruit, but the majority of them are far higher in potency than any of the other 15 or so strains I have tried. Often times I find that PR's produce too much of an effect because of their unpredictability in potency. You can bet your paycheck they will have STRONG effects, the only downside is that sometimes you get one that is just through the roof, so much so that it becomes very uncomfortable, almost nightmarish. I do not recommend eating them fresh at all. On one occassion with 3 friends and myself, I only had fresh ones, we divided up about 10 grams each fresh, and proceeded to chop them up with a knife on paper plates, the entire mess of fresh shrooms turned the darkest blue I've ever seen, damn near black, and left dark blue water droplets all across the plate and on the knife as we chopped and scraped into a pile. It truly turned out to be one of the most uncomfortable trips of my life, and it was so strong I did not enjoy much of it. A girl who was with us, who was also a very experienced shroomer, completely lost touch, and she literally looked like a lifeless body... When the 3 of us were just about off our peak and she was still long gone into oblivion, I almost made the calm responsible decision to take her to the hospital, until I managed to talk to her enough to get a low weak peep out of her mouth, which alerted me that she was still semi-concious. My trip lasted about a solid 8 hours, as did the other two people, but hers was still going at about 14 hours. We all peaked together around 3 to 4 hours after ingestion, which is when she started slipping into her oblivious state, and she only came out of it a good 10 hours later. She barely remembered anything, except she was nearly unconsious and drowning in blood and everyone and everything was covered in blood and it's all she could see for 10 hours straight, and apparently she had no recolection of herself or us or reality or the fact that was was occurring to her was not real... Anyway, sorry don't mean to go off on a trip report here, but point being, just as I said occassionally I get a PR that is weakly active, occassionally I get one that is dangerously highly active, more notably when fresh.

Because I like to live life on the edge, PR's are primarily the strain I stick with. I've become accustomed to their potency and can usually judge a good dose for anyone with this strain these days. I personally find this strain very easy to cultivate. I've found that this strain, for lack of a better term, doesn't like to be fucked with. 85F colonization, 75F fruiting temps. @ 85F colonization you can expect full colonization of a pf pint jar in under 14 days if you've used sufficient spore solution. I've found that trying to fruit PR cakes is a waste of time. They just don't like to fruit off of cakes. I've found the absolute best method for fruiting this strain is to do a straight wet perlite casing with crumbled cakes covered tightly in foil or plastic wrap @ 75F. On the casing, NO FANNING!!! AT ALL! Don't uncover it, don't touch it, bump it, look at it... Just leave it be... Within 7 days pins will form and after that you will have as good a flush as you would with any other strain. Also, this strain tends to spin off all kinds of interresting mutants. Grotesquely twisting 6" tall thick stems and creepy wavy caps will be in one casing, and the casing right next to it will have 10 times as many 1 or 2" tall straight as an arrow stems with 1/2" flat caps that all look exactly identical. Stems tend to be very light in color and bruise deep deep blue, and caps range from bright yellow/white to deep dark orange/red. This strain isn't very hard to grow, and it's been the most eventful and fascinating for me, but you just gotta learn to leave it be and do it's thing. Fanning should only occur once or twice a day lightly for only a minute or two when fruits are 3/4 mature to initiate sporulation. Fruits will still sporulate with no fanning but spore deposits will reduce after successive generations if there is no air exchange ever. However if fanning doesn't occur and spore production drops, potency increases. I usually do half and half.

I hope this helps. I strongly recommend you try this strain out. If you need help growing or just some tips or whatever that I haven't covered here just pm me.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: InMyVersion]
    #1067017 - 11/19/02 05:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting read, although Id have to disagree.
I havent found PRs to be any more potent than GTs and Argentineans in particular. Strong visuals for sure, but they are still a cubensis - and cubensis are mildly potent.
In terms of cubensis they may be highly potent, but in terms of all psilocybes/copelandia they are still mildly potent.

--------------------

Offlinedankman68
Who's your daddy

Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1067255 - 11/19/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Pr's are potent and also hard to grow . If it is your first time I would grow something else. Shit if you want potency grow some pans I find them,  so far easy to grow mine are pinning right now and they are fast growers also.. :blush: 

--------------------
[

Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

Loc: Northern Ireland
    #1067378 - 11/19/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Great post :laugh: 

Can I ask what substrate you use for growing your PR's?  I'm just finally getting some growth out of two neglected cakes, next time I think I'll case.  Any tips you can give me?  Will straight verm be ok or stick with perlite like you say?!

--------------------
--
Freak out baby, the bee is coming.

OfflineComa of Souls
kunt whore

Loc: Vancouver island, British...
Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: bigslick]
    #1067583 - 11/19/02 08:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

were can i find this chronic tek?

--------------------
im a weeeeezel look at me *weeze* *weeze*

Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: Coma of Souls]
    #1068926 - 11/20/02 05:35 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

OfflineInMyVersion
Stranger

Loc: NE USA
Re: Puerto Rican Strain Potency [Re: cookdandbombd]
    #1069076 - 11/20/02 08:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

cookdandbombd - I use prepackaged rye flour bought in 5 pound bags at the grocery store, and vermiculite. 1/2 cup vermiculite, 1/4 cup rye flour per jar. You can multiply accordingly. I've found the rye flour seems to work much better than brf for PR's. I would strongly discourage using vermiculite casings, stick with straight wet perlite and crubling your cakes, cover it up tight, 75F degrees and neglect it for several days. Consistently some of the best yields I've had from any cubensis strain, ranking up there along side mazatapec/B+/EQ's/etc as far as dry weight. If you want more details PM me and I'll help you through it.

Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

Loc: Northern Ireland
    #1069235 - 11/20/02 09:25 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hey thanks!  I will be growing more PR cakes soon, and will try and follow your guidelines.  For now, one of my cakes is fruiting and after reading your post last night I crumbled my other cake and put it straight on perlite.  Someone PM'd me asking about the results if I try this, so I'll post in my reply here so everyone can see how it works out...

Quote:

To be honest, I've had two PR cakes in poor mans terrarium (2 ltr coke bottles) and one of them is now finally fruiting, but the other, which was even dunked and coldshocked lasy week, has yet to show any fruit. It was starting to show a little bit of fuzzy mycellial growth, which may have turned into pins, but last night I just crumbled the cake, exchanged the water in my perlite at the bottom of the bottle, and put the crumbled cake on top of the perlite. I'm storing it in the cupboard now, and will presumably leave it there till I see the mycellium starting to grow again. I'll let you know how this mini perlite casing goes :smile:

I'll post my results in this thread :laugh:  I am eager to get a good crop of PR's so I can sample the trip, how does it compare to the trips of Liberty Caps and EQ's?

--------------------
--
Freak out baby, the bee is coming.

OfflineTheBeginnerStage
Stranger
Re: Puerto Rican Strain [Re: InMyVersion]
    #26545780 - 03/20/20 01:46 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

So I buy the all in one bags that fresh cultivators sell...this is my for time growing and I got golden teacher and PRs..(I don’t know the lingo) I just put the GT in the first bag I bought today..I’m doing it in a tub with perlite on the bottom, water, tin foil. Then once it colonized fully I’m just setting it on the tinfoil above the perlite. Can I do it the same way with PRs? Or...will it not work? I don’t wanna waste my all in one bag I got...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom