Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Potato Dextrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKingCobWeb
journeyman
My Clone Has The Blues
    #1068491 - 11/20/02 03:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hillow!
I have just been trying my own version of the cloning tek. I do not have a suitable blender...So what i did was grab a nice long one, I lopped off its head and plopped it into a little jar to get its spores. Then I took its body and dismembered the whole thing...cutting it like you would slice a cucumber. Of course all of the resulting little discs turned blue immediately. I plopped them into a different little jar that I had boiled, then sprayed with H2O2, and kept sterile. I then added a healthy squirt of H2O2 via a syringe, and another two syringe fulls of clean boiled water.
I now have a little jar of blue viscous water, with little peices of stem floating in it.
.....So now what? Could I conceivably use this blue water as-is to innoculate some jars, or substrate? Should I set it somewhere and wait a couple of days and see what it does? Will it turn white with new mycelium?
I have shaken it violently, to try to batter the peices around and break them up a bit....maybe I should have stuck some penneys or dime, and peices of broken glass into as I have read somewhere to assist with the pulverizing?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: My Clone Has The Blues [Re: KingCobWeb]
    #1068505 - 11/20/02 03:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Cloning is not that easy, you need to place the clone onto a substrate (usually agar). Placing the clone in water alone will not accomplish much at all.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Edited by Skikid16 (11/20/02 04:57 AM)

OfflineKingCobWeb
journeyman
Re: My Clone Has The Blues [Re: Skikid16]
    #1068575 - 11/20/02 04:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I plan on using this "Blue Water" (Now very dark blue almost black, a couple hours, and some violent shaking later) to innoculate some PF style jars, and some regular brown rice jars for bulk casing. So can I do this right away? Or should I wait a while to let it try to mycelium up a bit? Or are you saying that it just WONT form mycelium because it s in a water/H2O2 solution?

I also have some little jars that I put some malted barley (Powdered) into some water...It didnt all disolve, there was a good layer of brown malt sludge on the bottom of the little jars...then I put in some little peices of mycelium scraped off of a well-colonized cake into it....There are deffinately things growing in there...but Im not sure its the myceliu that I want! And there is a somewhat sour, foul odor from the jars.

I am also hoping that I could interest some other people in a more sort of "Metaphysical" scientific experiment. I have two jars of colonizing PF tek cakes. I take these jars and hold them in my hands, and sing to them, and think positive vibes at them, and tell them how pretty they are....So far I am not sure that it gives these two ars an edge over the other control jars...but Id like to have some other people try this as well and report their results to see if the "Laying on of hands" actually elps the process, and the singing and vibing at them helps them.

Let me know.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1068604 - 11/20/02 04:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

In reply to:

I plan on using this "Blue Water" (Now very dark blue almost black, a couple hours, and some violent shaking later) to innoculate some PF style jars, and some regular brown rice jars for bulk casing. So can I do this right away? Or should I wait a while to let it try to mycelium up a bit? Or are you saying that it just WONT form mycelium because it s in a water/H2O2 solution?

I don't think this will work, at all, in fact, I'll put money down that this won't work.

In reply to:

I also have some little jars that I put some malted barley (Powdered) into some water...It didnt all disolve, there was a good layer of brown malt sludge on the bottom of the little jars...then I put in some little peices of mycelium scraped off of a well-colonized cake into it....There are deffinately things growing in there...but Im not sure its the myceliu that I want! And there is a somewhat sour, foul odor from the jars.

I'm confused, sounds like you are trying to move to agar, just didn't read anything about it, this, like your above mentioned experiement, will probably not succeed.

And I don't even want to comment about your last paragraph, damn boy, what are you smoking, cause it aint your daddy's weed. I don't mean to sound like a dick, its just that your ideas are way way out there, and probably won't be very beneficial to your cultivation attemps, my advice, read a shitload more. Good Luck

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineKingCobWeb
journeyman
Re: My Clone Has The Blues [Re: Skikid16]
    #1068648 - 11/20/02 04:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Im talking about a little jar full of peices of sliced up stems, some H2O2 and some water. It is now dark blue (Due to oxidization of the stem). Can I use this solution to innoculate PF type jars, or rice?

I don't think this will work, at all, in fact, I'll put money down that this won't work.

So how/why does it work on agar? The mushie stems are basically mycelium, so why wouldnt I be able to draw the solution up into a syringe, and then innoculate some other substrate?

I'm confused, sounds like you are trying to move to agar, just didn't read anything about it, this, like your above mentioned experiement, will probably not succeed.

Uh...no, Ive read quite a bit about it, on this site as well as others...I probably didnt get the "4%" barley malt to water ration correct, and there are probably contams in there making it stink (Unless someone knows differently?)...BUT, if it wherent stinky, then shouldnt I be seeing little clouds of fluffy white mycelium floating about in the water? That seems to be what I have read.

And I don't even want to comment about your last paragraph,

OK

damn boy, what are you smoking, cause it aint your daddy's weed. I don't mean to sound like a dick, its just that your ideas are way way out there, and probably won't be very beneficial to your cultivation attemps, my advice, read a shitload more. Good Luck

Oh...Im glad you didnt comment about my last paragraph.
However, once one opens their minds to new ideas and experiences (Uhmm...isnt that what this is all about, ultimately?) then my ideas make a perfectly reasonable and logical basis for further experimentation.

A little background: Way back a long time ago, when a serial killer was preying on little boys in Atlanta GA, and the whole city was in a panic, and there was already a big crime problem....some BIG names in the phsychiatric, mental health, and metaphysical fields got together...around 100 of them. They went to Atlanta for a month and all they did was walk around town thinking "Positive thoughts", and saying hello to people, and being nice, and meditating on positivity, and using positive mental imagery.
By the end of that month, the over-all crime rate, especially violent crime, had gone DOWN considerably...even though the serial killer had not been caught yet.
This was documented...and if it wasnt late, i would go dig it up for you. I know one of the participants personally.

So my idea really is not all that "Out there"...it might sound like some hippy-dippy BS, but I think that there might be something to this sort of thing.

So do me a favor, and just sign to your jars, and hold them, and think positive thought towards them, and let me know if THOSE jars do anything different then the others...ok?

Or you could flame me some more....and maybe I will offer to come to you and hold you, and sing to you, and think positive thoughts to you...and see if YOU behave a little differently.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1068670 - 11/20/02 04:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey man, I'm all about postitive thoughts, so if you think holding your jars and singing to them will help, go for it. As far as you "experiments" on cloning, it is commendable for the effort, but I don't think it will work. Putting a fruit body in a water/h2o2 solution will not encourage and harbor mycelium growth, sorry, but it just won't, the mycelium needs something to "feed" on to grow, and it doesn't feed on water alone. It needs a kind of sugar (forgot what kind, and too lazy to look it up) which is made present by adding either potato dextrose, malt, and other things (another thing I'm not looking up) to an agar mix.

I knew you would think I was flaming you, I'm not trying to, its just that your ideas (on cloning) are a little dangerous to a newbie who doesn't know better.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Potato Dextrose

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation