Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

Hibachi Ball
    #10679376 - 07/15/09 01:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So after years of working at a Japanese steakhouse and getting high at work, I came up with this sport I call hibachi ball (for those who don't know, hibachi is the style of cooking where the chef cooks at your table).

The layout of the game is similar to that of soccer, where the ball stays in play for the duration of the game. However, an egg is used instead of a ball.

On offense: A player can only carry the egg on his Egg Caddy (every player gets one), which is basically a big medal spoon with padding at the head. Players can pass to their teammates, or carry the egg themselves. The goal is to carry the egg past the opposing team's players into an end-zone, which is about six feet wide. Doing so will earn the team a point. The game will then be paused and the other team begins at the other end of the court with the egg in possession.

On defense: Players use their egg caddies to attempt to break the egg that the offensive team is carrying, whether by smashing it while it's being carried or knocking it to the asphalt. Defenders are also permitted to attack the body of the egg carrier with their caddies (no nut shots), which is where passing becomes important. Helmets and cups are worn by all players. The final line of protection for the defending team is a goalie, who stays near his end zone and wields a long metal spatula in each hand. If the defense successfully smashes the egg, they get a turn on offense with a new egg.

Additionally, the helmets are shaped like the tall hats that the chefs wear, and players are allowed to toss the egg and catch it in their hat to provide safer transit. In this situation, defenders are forced to use the caddy to knock the helmet off the player (still working on how to avoid players getting hit in the face).

The uniform makes each player look like this guy, minus the knife:

I'm not sure why I'm posting this, other than to organize it by writing it down, and to see if anyone has any ideas of improving it. I have a few prototypes completed for some of the equipment, and my coworkers and I plan to try it out soon in the back of the restaurant.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder