Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
HELP! Badly needed info.
    #1066884 - 11/19/02 04:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

the pigs confiscated two spore syringes today, one i filled with honeywater and had a little wisp of mycelium last i looked at it 36 hours ago. can someone please tell me if psilocybin/psilocin will be able to be detected in that?

--------------------
attn govt: Anything I say is a fantasy I dreamed up to cope with reality. I would never break any US laws because I love this country and all our laws are just. god bless america. nuff said

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: ilsagio]
    #1066907 - 11/19/02 04:27 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Probably not. You could also argue that they grew the mycelium. When the item was taken, it was in a specific condition. To do a test for active compounds they would need a larger sample than a whisp. If they actually got the sample, that would mean they grew it out.

I don't know how this would apply in court.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinelvleph
mathematicalidiot

Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: Joshua]
    #1066921 - 11/19/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In the United states excluding Cali mycleium is not illegal, but the fruit is, so you should be cool.

--------------------
"Man was born free and is every where in chains."

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: lvleph]
    #1066932 - 11/19/02 04:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Excluding Cali,

It is not the mycelium or fruits that are scheduled, it is the drug psilocybin or psilocin. If a court can prove the presence of either of these compounds in a sample, regardless of the stage of growth, then one is guilty of possesion of a scheduled drug.

At least this is how I understand it.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinelvleph
mathematicalidiot

Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: Joshua]
    #1066934 - 11/19/02 04:40 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

good point, but what about san pedro cacti. This is legal to possess in the US and infact in the SW US many people have them growing in their yards. By what you are saying they all should go to jail do to mescaline contents in the cacti.

--------------------

Edited by lvleph (11/19/02 04:41 PM)

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1066936 - 11/19/02 04:40 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well with US law, psilocybin and psilocin are the substances that are scheduled as controlled substances, not the actual mushys. what's funny, they totally missed the two full jars of honeywater mycelium in my fridge, didn't even glance at them twice. they were 9.5 oz jars, i'd say about 7 oz full, and pretty loaded with mycelium. i couldn't really imagine all that matter not having any psilocin in it. hopefully i'm wrong. i guess all i'm asking is if anyone knows if honeywater contains any detectable trace of psilocin.

--------------------
attn govt: Anything I say is a fantasy I dreamed up to cope with reality. I would never break any US laws because I love this country and all our laws are just. god bless america. nuff said

OfflineAcidSmurf
Mycobandit

Loc: North of KY, South of MI,...
    #1067010 - 11/19/02 05:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

How did it come to the point of your private establishment being invaded by pigs? if you don't mind me asking.

--------------------
If you drop your keys in a river of molten lava..... Let em go..... Because man... They're gone! - Jack Handey

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: AcidSmurf]
    #1067114 - 11/19/02 05:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

he didn't say they went in his house and got them. im wondering if they went through the mail. it scares me to order so much stuff from the internet.

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1067277 - 11/19/02 06:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry to hear the thumb of the man is upon you. If you can please let us know the circumstances to your predicament, so we might be able to learn from it. Good luck.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineAcidSmurf
Mycobandit

Loc: North of KY, South of MI,...
    #1067339 - 11/19/02 07:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It had to be in his house. Nobody sells pre-inocced honey water.

--------------------
If you drop your keys in a river of molten lava..... Let em go..... Because man... They're gone! - Jack Handey

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1067388 - 11/19/02 07:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well it was mostly stupidity on my part, stinky herb in a dormitory. they came and warned me once, this second time they asked permission to search, and when i said no they made me wait an hour and a half or so till they got a damn warrant... The county has a zero tolerance policy, I don't know if that could matter in the case of psilocybin-free mycelium, i'm afriad they're just going to charge me with intent to manufacture a controlled substance, a felony. I'd think that since I (hopefully) didn't really possess any illegal items, they'd have nothing. Does anyone know the laws about having precursors to drugs, can they still call this intent?

--------------------

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1067393 - 11/19/02 07:30 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ps (what part of the alphabet would like without q and r)

the honeywater was my own, microwave sterilized, innoc'd with PF classic. 2nd syringe was hawaiian

--------------------

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1067400 - 11/19/02 07:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yes Joshua, that bit about arguing they grew it, that's genious. worse comes to worst that sounds like a damn fine defense

--------------------

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1067426 - 11/19/02 07:39 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

sorry to keep making little posts, this stuff is drivin me nuts. I can't stop thinking how absurd it would be to charge someone like this for intent to manufacture, in reality all i have is some brown rice, honey, and legal spores. God Bless America

(sarcastic)

--------------------

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1067639 - 11/19/02 08:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Another question for you advanced folk, specifically the chemists.... I don't know much of anything about how psilocybin is synthesized, but wouldn't the mycelium need some sort of precursor that are found in substrates? I'm assuming honey would be fairly useless in the creation of a tryptamine

--------------------

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
    #1067648 - 11/19/02 08:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

dont worry about it man, if syringes is the most they got from it, there gonna be pretty pissed when a test comes back showing they got syringes fulla water. What school do you go to if you dont mind me asking?

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineTDogg
strangerdanger
Loc: soy norteamericano
    #1067720 - 11/19/02 08:51 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

what's up, brother. sit back and relax, because it's all good. as long as no growing supplies were confiscated etc. all that stuff you had is legal. by the way, possession is a misdemeanor in every state, asuming by some incredible chance they found psilocybin/psylocin in those jars, which i doubt they will. still-get a real lawyer, i'm just in law school.

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1067951 - 11/19/02 09:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It's the "manufacture of a controlled substance" a cop mentioned that i'm worried about. Possession's nothin but I believe intent to manufacture is also a felony, minimum for state of iowa. and i'm at iowa state by the way. State NORML folks say this Story county is the toughest in the state because of that zero tolerance policy. That policy includes that for possession of any amount of thc, the person must be charged. I'm not sure if the same holds true for psilocin. Bleak. Serves me right for my own stupidity though. psilocin/cybin is schedule 1 yes?

--------------------

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

#1067992 - 11/19/02 09:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

what did the cops do to you? just write you up and take your stuff?

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1068052 - 11/19/02 10:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

cops didn't charge me with anything, i assume they're waiting for lab results. to sum up the cops just came and took my stuff. they said they'd definitely be seeing me again soon when they go to charge me.

--------------------

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: MsPacMan]
    #1068053 - 11/19/02 10:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

click me

look at the link i provided, federally possession of mycelium is legal,
and there are places that will sell you mycelium syringes, as long as
your state doesn't have a superseding law, ie california...

you are fine, light a spliff...most of your local cops don't know the law from there ass, until they get back to the precinct and look it up...and they did not confiscate any production means, so all the syringe is is a container in which to extract mycelium/spores...

good luck,
ribbit

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
    #1068141 - 11/19/02 10:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Tell them you are researching mycelial growth. As long as they have no proof that you intended to fruit you should be fine. Also, don't say shit to the cops without a lawyer present, not a fucking word...don't let them intimidate you. Did they know the syringes were full of myc straight away or did you tell them? I think they'd be too stupid to figure it out, probably test it for heroin.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1068159 - 11/19/02 10:55 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

oh man, totally forgot, they snagged 10 glass jars but i'm not concerned about them at the moment. only two i tried to innoculate using terrible sterile technique and i've never been happier at something not taking to substrate. reading the state laws it looks like as long as the psilocin tests are negative they can't charge me with anything. The first sentence gives me hope, as it specifically says "controlled substances". section is 124.401 on the website - http://www.legis.state.ia.us/IACODE/2001SUPPLEMENT/

--------------------

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1068220 - 11/19/02 11:16 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

rhizo, i don't think either of those ignorant corn-fed crackers took a second look at the syringe contents. not likely the lab folk will overlook it, though i assume they are quite stupid as they have some sort of chemistry degree and they work for the state drug war, go figure. i'm just waiting for someone out there to tell me that the spores do not have the necessary precursors to create the *fun stuff* when they're only in honey. i'd think some sort of tryptamine is needed, and if that was found in the spores they'd be illegal. also they took one honeywater jar i used as a control, microwave sterilized and never opened it, just to see if anything grew. took way longer than the cubies but eventually some strange mycelium did form in it, formed some sort of glob of mycelium an inch in diameter, then i think it died and it all sort of fell apart into something similar to little wisps of cubie myc.

--------------------

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

#1068803 - 11/20/02 03:52 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i doubt you will get charged. they probably just saw syringes......and assumed. dont sweat it. as long as you aren't in trouble with the school.

Anonymous

Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: ribbit]
    #1068930 - 11/20/02 05:39 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

what about moe howards post in the news section on this server?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=News&Number=959199&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

heres a man who was caught with mycelium.... the police grew it out and then fileds charges. hmmmm

maybe he recieved probation because that district attorney realized there were flaws with the case and cut this deal? maybe the case had something to do with stage of growth? i would imagine once mycelium has produced a single mushroom it then contains actives? before that stage of it's life cycle it doesn't? i raise this point because i was able to read a copy of some underground book many years ago that descibed lab techniques for extracting active from mycleium.

look at moes link and tell me. peace

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1069109 - 11/20/02 08:24 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

iamlakota, any idea what stage they were at when confiscated? it says "This is the first time the district attorney's office had to raise the drugs before a suspect could be charged," how the flying fuck can that ever be used as evidence?? it sounds like he just had some live mycelium and the lab people grew out the fruits, so he never had possession of anything illegal, they're the ones that had possession of it when psilocin was produced.

Lots of stuff in that thread about mycelium being legal, but to the best of my knowledge the fruits are legal too, only the active chemicals inside them are illegal. If the lab folk grow that stuff out to charge me, I'm sure as hell going to fight anything they throw, probation included. Worse could've happened but that guy got straight fucked, not just by the absurdity of the drug war, but by how the po-po's manufactured the illegal shit for him.

btw the pigs that searched my room were narc officers, fucking stupid ones at that. The only one that had any real clue what they were looking at just mentioned he thought he had seen something like that before. I guess they mentioned jars and rice in the week-long drug war propaganda training they got.

The dumber of the two narcs was waiting with me while the warrant was being procured. he got a cell phone call and said that they got a warrant and he immediately started moving shit around on a desk, I told him I wanted to see the warrant first, that i thought i had the right to see it. He said almost exactly "i could testify in a court of law a warrant was authorized because another officer told me so". I said okay if you have the legal right to search my room against my will without me seeing a warrant, go right ahead (possibly stupid on my part, stupid to ever talk to po-pos i know). narc blubbers for a bit and eventually said fine, if you're gonna be that way, and sat his ignorant ass down.
----So the legal question I have here.. the narc did start to search before i ever saw a warrant, i'd sure hope that's very illegal. I'd be fucking ecstatic if i got off cause those stupid narcs violated the rights that courts actually defend, unlike the "pursuit of happiness" constitutional rights. of course the homeland security act throws the entire constitution out the window, but i digress. Anyone know if what he did was illegal, even though they did have a warrant at that point in time, but i didn't see it?

--------------------

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

#1069363 - 11/20/02 10:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

that sounds like it would be a good comeback if something were to happen, however, the cops didn't confiscate anything while they shuffled through the papers...so that would technically be outside of the legal search and seizure.

concidering it is legal to 'grow and posses' mycelium in your state, you really shouldn't worry no more. if the cops grow it out and charge you, then that would be BS and something to fight the system about...

hmm, although...if they did grow it out, and accuse you, it would probably be in the paper, then when you win the case, you could sue the state for slander/undue mental anguish... lol

like mspacman said. you should be more concerned about your schools policy about the pot. tho if you didn't have any pot at the time nor bongs/pipes ect, just deny that as well...

good luck,
ribbit

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
    #1069412 - 11/20/02 10:44 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

right on, i'm flat broke and busted, a slander/anguish suit would be a well-deserved bonus. as for the school policy, i haven't talked to anyone yet mostly out of anxiety, but i'll get to it soon. i'm afraid they won't need the evidence that the state would, just bust me with intent, in which case they could do whatever they please to me. as for the herb, i've had a few warnings but it was the first time anything was found. i believe the only official warning from the school residence people i've received was for admitting i smoked a cigarette indoors (fuckin gestapo here) so i'm not extremely concerned about cannabis, but combined with the *mycology research* a screwing-over is my fear. i'm sticking with i was just legally studying the early mycelial growth stage and had no intention of going any farther than that.

--------------------

OfflineStonedhenge
searcher

#1069434 - 11/20/02 10:52 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

check out these guys http://www.stuorg.iastate.edu/aclu/ good luck dude

--------------------
good for nothing's good enough for me!

Offlinelvleph
mathematicalidiot

Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: TDogg]
    #1069437 - 11/20/02 10:52 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

by the way, possession is a misdemeanor in every state

In the State of NV it is a fellony, and up till last year it was a fellony for weed too.

--------------------

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

#1070191 - 11/20/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

How the hell would they know there was anythng illegal in the syringes? You were doing tissue culture experiments- Bacteria from tap water, shopping cart handles, pay phones WTFE- now your experiments happened to become contaminated with some other bacteria/yeast/mold etc. Your control jars should help prove your case. Play innocent.

(do people still say 'thepigs?)  I thought it was JBT's o r 5-0's-maybe even 'one-time', but pigs?    :wink:

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #1070240 - 11/20/02 01:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i'm stickin with innocence. bad spot to be in though, either no charges at all or a potential felony charge if they detect the goodies. hooray america.

and yes, i do believe people still use the term pigs, i sure do.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1070284 - 11/20/02 02:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ilsagio ... i'v read this thread... my feelings are u have done anything wrong therefore there should be no real problem... but in all honesty, i am no expert. moes thread from the news forum seems very interesting from a legal standpoint. i don't see how that man could be criminally charged if there was no active in the mycelia... but, i am no expert on actives... but there are many here who i'm sure could nail it down for u... anno is certainly one of them... the there is workman... joshua, bluemeanie and mjshroomer also come to mind... anno and joshua are reps of this server so they might be the best to approach...

without sounding like i'm coming down on u, because i'm not, once u square things up with the school administration, u should go out of ur way to come in under the radar from now on... good luck with all of this...

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: Anonymous]
    #1070569 - 11/20/02 03:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

If i were you i wouldn't worry to much.
If pigs call a judge they can get permission for a search warrant over the phone, and therefore wouldn't have to show you anything, so their search was probably not illegal.
To prove that you had an "intent to manufacture a controlled substance" they would have to prove that you had everything necessary to either grow shrooms or to extract psilcybin from mycelium b/c both mycelium and spores are legal.
My cus was in pretty much the same situation as you. He had just ordered like ten syringes and they were confiscated by police when they searched his house (he let them in, not the brightest kid in the world). he never got charged with anything.

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: flow]
    #1070754 - 11/20/02 03:46 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

flow, they also confiscated a bag of brown rice flour. in retrospect i'm retarded for keeping it in the same location, as i seriously doubt two dumb narcs would think twice about it. as i said before some confiscated jars had whole brown rice substrate, 9er tek, so i pretty much had everything necessary, except for sterilization equipment outside of a microwave.  i'd think they couldn't get me for intent to manufacture a controlled substance unless they actually found the substance, because the spores could be anything.  is it possible to determine the genus/species without actually growing them out?

mycotao, don't have to worry about that, i'll crawl if necessary to come under the radar, so to speak. thanks for server rep recommendations, and every hopeful reply i get takes a little bit of stress off.

cruelty to leave me hanging like this. narcs didn't leave any way to contact them, only thing i have to indicate who the officers were that searched my stuff is a single signature (totally illegible) and a blank line where the officer ID number is supposed to be on the "inventory of seized property".  looking at it now i'm confused, i keep overlooking things thanks to high anxiety-- the "agency seizing property" was the university, wtf is going on there, or doesn't it make any difference.  i believe the university cops are prohibited from searching rooms unless they're allowed by the resident, so they have to get real cops to do the searching.  since the university seized the property does that mean i don't have anything to fear from the state if i get straight with the school? that'd be fuckin great, as most administration here can at least form logical thoughts and coherent sentences.

it's a shame there aren't any experienced ethnobotanical lawyers wandering the forums, i hereby give my solemn oath if i ever enter the field of law to wander forums and help anyone weasel out of any drug charges in any way.  of course, that's assuming 10 years from now the homeland security legislation won't have wiped away all current traces of democracy, i do recall historical events where shit like this ended up in dictatorships. :mad:

--------------------

Offlinedets
higher mind andeducation
    #1072731 - 11/21/02 03:31 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

keep your cool. they aren't charging you with anything. The FACT is that you didn' have any ACTIVE ingrediants. the reason i type that in bold is because without that one element, charge can't be brought against you. the closest they could come would be if they found jars at 100% colonizaton. Thats intent.

I should also add the only reason that consitutes as intent, is because up to that point in that specific stage of growth can you abort the myc before it starts to produce any active psychic chems. Thats where they could argue that you had the INTENT to grow them. that is only if the jars were half or almost colonized. If you just had the syringes, you only had an intent to expierment with mycoloy. not an intent to produce illegal drugs.

don't bug. cops lie and sometimes it gets the best of us.

good luck.

--------------------
"patriotism is the virtue of the vicious"

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: dets]
    #1072842 - 11/21/02 04:29 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i don't know if emphasized this enough, but i overlooked something, the county or state didn't actually seize the property, it was the university! the university rentacops can't carry out a search with a warrant so they have to get real cops to search for them. on the "inventory of seized property", which even included a phone number with a name on a post-it that was just laying in some pile of clothes, "agency seizing property" says isu and nothing else. does this mean the real cops don't/can't do anything unless the university tells them do?

--------------------

Offlineilsagio
static travelingsage
Re: HELP! Badly needed info. [Re: dets]
    #1072860 - 11/21/02 04:37 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

am i right to think that if no scheduled drugs are found, there'd be no way of confirming the spores/early mycelium are even for psilocybes without (illegally) growing it out themselves? cause man i'm pissed they stole all my shiitake mycelium research, if you know what i mean.

--------------------

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
    #1074355 - 11/21/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

from what it sounds like, you have a lot more to worry about with the university than with the real cops. I doubt you will get charged with something criminal, but schools can be really bitchlike when it comes to drugs, and they don't even have to prove anything to kick you out, they can pretty much do what they want. if it was the university that seized the stuff, then they probably wouldn't be able to figure out what was in the syringes anyway. But, if they do think you were trying to grow, then you might be in trouble with them, but not the law. I don't know, but i think you'll be alright.
good luck

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract