Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineheirofgrace
Titus 2:11-14; 3:3-7
Loc: Portland, OR
Shrooms and the Presence of God
    #10654823 - 07/10/09 08:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If you believe in God, do you sense the presence of God all around you? If you don't believe in God, who or what do you feel all around you?

Edited by heirofgrace (07/15/09 07:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Shrooms and the Presence of God [Re: heirofgrace]
    #10654842 - 07/10/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

;

Edited by blazenn (09/13/11 12:57 PM)

Offlineravenshield420
Stranger

Re: Shrooms and the Presence of God [Re: blazenn]
    #10654845 - 07/10/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

religion is for the weak minded.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #10654852 - 07/10/09 08:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I took neither stance, but anytime I've taken mushrooms (including the first time) I've felt like the mushrooms themselves were either alien entities, or the communication devices of alien entities, very fairy and shiva-like. I didn't feel the presence of God per say, but then again, I did, in that I felt at peace with death, because I felt connected to past lives (not necessarily my own) that have died before, amongst the forests.

all this with no reference point to create these feelings, the only thing i had to go on was my friend saying "you've never hallucinated before?"

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: Shrooms and the Presence of God [Re: the bizzle]
    #10655003 - 07/10/09 09:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

When I trip on a psychedelic, I'm convinced that the visuals I'm seeing are really unfiltered reality with matter in superposition pouring into my brain through my eyes, and thus, I am seeing how the universe actually works. Because it appears to me as one complete entity moving in synchronous harmony, I consider it to be something with an essence about it, which I consider to be God. It makes sense to me because if I am part of this moving, gyrating energy that isn't completely definite, it's like being one piece in a giant puzzle. It's hard for me to explain without not making a lot of sense, and if I were to try and explain it, it would take volumes. And I don't want to get into another damn argument and have people flame me or call me a "dumbass" or "fucking retarded" just because of my beliefs.

So, to avoid confrontation by the hoards of atheists that are about to insult me, I'm never going to look at this topic again. Bye.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Invisiblemanyc
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

Loc: Axis Mundi
Re: Shrooms and the Presence of God [Re: the bizzle]
    #10655226 - 07/10/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
I took neither stance, but anytime I've taken mushrooms (including the first time) I've felt like the mushrooms themselves were either alien entities, or the communication devices of alien entities, very fairy and shiva-like. I didn't feel the presence of God per say, but then again, I did, in that I felt at peace with death, because I felt connected to past lives (not necessarily my own) that have died before, amongst the forests.

god damn i relate to that. the feeling is unmistakable. it's the same kind of feeling i get when i smoke DMT. there is something i sense that i couldnt before - but i know was there the whole time.

Quote:

tyler_0_durden  said:When I trip on a psychedelic, I'm convinced that the visuals I'm seeing are really unfiltered reality with matter in superposition pouring into my brain through my eyes, and thus, I am seeing how the universe actually works. Because it appears to me as one complete entity moving in synchronous harmony, I consider it to be something with an essence about it, which I consider to be God. It makes sense to me because if I am part of this moving, gyrating energy that isn't completely definite, it's like being one piece in a giant puzzle.

i know what you mean. the synchronicity that seems to permeate most people's trip is uncanny. it feels like im tapped into a "higher" channel when im on mushrooms. the oneness.. is a feeling i havent felt in too long.

--------------------

Hemp could Save the World.

"There is no flag that is large enough, to hide the shame of a man in cuffs." -Serj Tankian

:mushroomgrow:Know Thyself.:mushroomgrow:

"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terence Mckenna

InvisibleHorusTh3Chrous

Re: Shrooms and the Presence of God [Re: manyc]
    #10655360 - 07/10/09 10:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yeah shrooms always seems like god or aliens talking to me or through me..

ive felt god in everything, i felt him touch me, hes always been everything and everyone.

lsd is a different level of spirituality.

god isnt religion.

trust your self and your visions.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#10655454 - 07/10/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

heirofgrace said:
For those of you who believe in God, does you feel, as it were, the presence of God drapes the walls and you stand before Him?

For those of you who don't believe in God, into whose or what great "presence" are you ushered?

Kind of an awesome question...... Especially considering the Bible verses you have under your name. :grin:

But, instead of answers.... I have questions for you.

Does Gods presense feel the same on and off mushrooms?

And of course, What verse in the bible says we should eat mushrooms? <- find this one for me and win a convert for life.  :grin:

As far as to what presense is felt. Personally, I think it is mostly my -own- presense without pretense...

Also, A greater influx of information, leading to a higher appreciation of nature and my surroundings. Which on many occasions leads me into thoughts about God and the Greater Scheme.

That said.... I do believe in God.

Just not REAL picky about which book he wrote, or if He has a penis or vagina. :grin:

AND If It is the God of the bible...... I have a very hard time believing he is pro-psychedelic. Prob not a "Got to hell" sin..... but prob not a "Thou shalt eat shroomz all the days of your life" either.

Anywayz , awesome topic.

--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

[quote]sploogepanz55 said:
^^^ haha what a bummer, shad0w. All this talk about dying. :smile:
[/quote]

[quote]psychoanomaly said:
And so, I feel your intolerance and phobia towards rectal administration of psychedelics is a violation of the music of the spheres :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote]shroom_sandwich said:
I could have sworn I seen a thread about a guy saying his dog killed the neighbors chickens earlier....[/quote]

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
Re: Shrooms and the Presence of God [Re: Shad0w]
    #10656266 - 07/11/09 03:10 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

maybe mushrooms are gods way of giving you a taste of what his worlds like and to know everything by just thinking about w/e for alittle bit. mushrooms are probably gods power n hes showing it through a spiritual experience! god does work in mysterious ways.. doesnt it?

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10656478 - 07/11/09 05:24 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:
Quote:

heirofgrace said:
For those of you who believe in God, does you feel, as it were, the presence of God drapes the walls and you stand before Him?

For those of you who don't believe in God, into whose or what great "presence" are you ushered?

Kind of an awesome question...... Especially considering the Bible verses you have under your name. :grin:

But, instead of answers.... I have questions for you.

And of course, What verse in the bible says we should eat mushrooms? <- find this one for me and win a convert for life.  :grin:

As far as to what presense is felt. Personally, I think it is mostly my -own- presense without pretense...

Also, A greater influx of information, leading to a higher appreciation of nature and my surroundings. Which on many occasions leads me into thoughts about God and the Greater Scheme.

That said.... I do believe in God.

Just not REAL picky about which book he wrote, or if He has a penis or vagina. :grin:

AND If It is the God of the bible...... I have a very hard time believing he is pro-psychedelic. Prob not a "Got to hell" sin..... but prob not a "Thou shalt eat shroomz all the days of your life" either.

Anywayz , awesome topic.

I guess I used common sense in this. Shrooms have only bettered my life in extraordinary ways and are a very spiritual tool. God created them. I don't think it was an accident. Yeah, he created poison ivy as well, but compared to shrooms poison ivy just makes me itch. So what. I don't think God was oblivious to the specific effects that they have on humans. Everything has a purpose, and he put them here for those who need help. (thats everyone)

Romans 14 does not say thou shalt eat magic mushrooms all the days of your life (don't think thats possible either), but it does clear up the fog for me.

I believe God is a good God... Praise God for magic mushrooms!!

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
    #10656658 - 07/11/09 06:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

heirofgrace, I'm sure you're open-minded, thus your post, but some 'believers' can be oppressive, so here are my thoughts:

While chilling with people who are 'seeing god' in everything, it's easy to be patient when they talk about it, but believers must understand that they should be equally patient, or join a cult.

Non-believers see beauty, science, things we don't insist on labeling or presume we can explain. If you want to call it god, fine.   

It's kind of like the running debate about whether these substances should be taken with such reverence that it must be apparent in one's demeanor, or whether it's ok to be light-hearted and happily enjoy the experience without being 'serious.' 

Live, let live, learn, let learn, love, let love.

It's amazing how much we all have in common, despite our beliefs (or lack thereof.)

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Shrooms and the Presence of God [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #10656708 - 07/11/09 07:12 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

monkeyheaven.

I understand your point, And agree..... I mean, in a thread like this..... it could turn to a hate-fest in one hot second. :grin:

But, honestly..... As far as believers needing to be patient........  most of the time when I read a post like this.... it is the non-believers who start the nasty stuff, derogatory terms, personal attacks, etc etc. Then the religious guy relatiates with "your going to hell" and everyone THINKS he is the mean one. :shrug:

I mean WHAT is so wrong with the G word? I am QUITE sure I dont mean the same thing as the OP does when I say it....... But, at the same time, -I- think we are talking about EXACTLY the same thing.( <<<<<IF>>> There is a God , how hard is that to understand? )

I get really scared when I see someone mention a SPECIFIC God in a thread.... I get really pissed mostly because , I am willing to bet that enough of the people who are religiously intolerant ALSO think they are emotionally/intellectually superior to people who havent used psychedelics.  Jesus said : 'Fucking hypocrites' ( paraphrased) :smile:

Whats really WIERD is how I could be a buddhist, or a taoist, or a voodoun or a wiccan, hindu even.... and no one would have anything nasty to say about my beliefs......

I think people who frequently make contact with "aliens" on shrooms are wierd and confused........ I hardy ever comment on that subject...... And I definatly try not to run them down because of it.

I am not really interested in convincing anyone that "mine is better"  or whats even worse "yours isnt good".

But I do feel there is QUITE the anti CHRISTIAN sentiment on this forum, which is supposedly open-minded.... but some of us cant seem to tell the difference between a PERSON and his BELIEFS.

Hopefully that wasnt too long winded, or enough to set someone off. :rolleyes:

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
    #10656790 - 07/11/09 07:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It's all good,
As a spiritual athiest, I embrace the beliefs of others, and enjoy the rituals associated with all faiths I encounter.

I think we often see the same things, just call it different names.

It's actually fun to play (not to offend) with the different imagery associated with religions (hinduism is especially interesting because all of the incarnations are so intricate and different) and the chants and  things while in all sorts of states of mind.

I think attending mass in a cathedral would be awesome for anyone while in an open mindset.  They may not see god, but they'd feel some good vibes.  The music, architecture, incense, stained glass, etc... these are clearly inspired manifestations, and anyone ought to be open to the experience.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Shrooms and the Presence of God [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #10656858 - 07/11/09 08:14 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

monkeyheaven said:
I think attending mass in a cathedral would be awesome for anyone while in an open mindset.  They may not see god, but they'd feel some good vibes.  The music, architecture, incense, stained glass, etc... these are clearly inspired manifestations, and anyone ought to be open to the experience.

Its one of my dreams to hear Bach being played through a gigantic pipe organ

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlineheirofgrace
    #10657897 - 07/11/09 12:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

IMO, and it's not a new idea, Psilocybin mushrooms have mind-manifesting qualities. If you don't believe there is a God, it wouldn't be a surprise God doesn't come up in the trip. But I'm also of the opinion very few people do not believe in God, and when high on shrooms, I believe the percentage is even less. Sometimes God may come up, or not. For me, I always experience God, since I eat mushrooms in order to throw myself into His presence.

I resort to this because the church isn't what it should be. It should be a community of people, so alive, so ordered, so heavenly-cultured, that it cannot help but take an immature individual like myself, or a babe in Christ, or a newborn Christian, and resocialize our culture very, very quickly. No church that I have been to really takes responsibility for my life. It is still so American. I mean, individualism, keeping to oneself. Even shaking hands with people you believe will live with you forever. What??? Let there be some affection! Aren't you happy about your eternal relationships? So all my energy has never really been harnessed by a community of Christians, and they have never really brought me in, or made me feel like I'm part of them all. And part of this, I think, is because there's not a lot going on "in" there.

So when I eat shrooms, because of my history with it, it has proven to be the best socializing agent. What I need is to be smacked down, humbled, and then lifted up with the loving-kindess of grace. It throws me into (what I believe to be) the spiritual realities that ought to govern my behavior and determine my purpose and values.

I'm dealing with my church right now. Meeting guys, the pastors. I hope these things will work out for my confession of sins and baptism. I have so much excuse me, shit, that I have done in my life. Like the end of James says is I think what I need - the elders to lay their hands on me, pray for me, that I may be healed of all my transgressions, and be forgiven of all the sins I have committed.

I need the intimacy and power that comes in knowing God. So far, I have never had this, full-blown, save the beshroomed experience.

Yeah

Offlinesilosighbin
this is the apocalypse
Male

Loc: isla vista baby!
    #10657909 - 07/11/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I saw Jesus on the ceiling when i did shrooms... and yes im catholic

--------------------

i am caustic

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #10658100 - 07/11/09 01:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

heirofgrace said:
IMO, and it's not a new idea, Psilocybin mushrooms have mind-manifesting qualities. If you don't believe there is a God, it wouldn't be a surprise God doesn't come up in the trip. But I'm also of the opinion very few people do not believe in God, and when high on shrooms, I believe the percentage is even less. Sometimes God may come up, or not. For me, I always experience God, since I eat mushrooms in order to throw myself into His presence.

I resort to this because the church isn't what it should be. It should be a community of people, so alive, so ordered, so heavenly-cultured, that it cannot help but take an immature individual like myself, or a babe in Christ, or a newborn Christian, and resocialize our culture very, very quickly. No church that I have been to really takes responsibility for my life. It is still so American. I mean, individualism, keeping to oneself. Even shaking hands with people you believe will live with you forever. What??? Let there be some affection! Aren't you happy about your eternal relationships? So all my energy has never really been harnessed by a community of Christians, and they have never really brought me in, or made me feel like I'm part of them all. And part of this, I think, is because there's not a lot going on "in" there.

So when I eat shrooms, because of my history with it, it has proven to be the best socializing agent. What I need is to be smacked down, humbled, and then lifted up with the loving-kindess of grace. It throws me into (what I believe to be) the spiritual realities that ought to govern my behavior and determine my purpose and values.

I'm dealing with my church right now. Meeting guys, the pastors. I hope these things will work out for my confession of sins and baptism. I have so much excuse me, shit, that I have done in my life. Like the end of James says is I think what I need - the elders to lay their hands on me, pray for me, that I may be healed of all my transgressions, and be forgiven of all the sins I have committed.

I need the intimacy and power that comes in knowing God. So far, I have never had this, full-blown, save the beshroomed experience.

Yeah

Bravo! I wish I could have written such thoughts. I feel the same way exactly, but could never get all that out. Kudos to you man!

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10658135 - 07/11/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Shrooms let me get acquainted with the God within.

Entheogens will always hold a special place in my heart.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleReefaCheefa
Gimme Reefer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Shrooms and the Presence of God [Re: deCypher]
    #10658143 - 07/11/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

wow I never really thought of it that way. I mean I feel the God within, but never have I thought about the new bond. Awesome man!

Offlineheirofgrace
    #10664877 - 07/12/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

"We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aid, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn."
  ----Henry David Thoreau

What did Thoreau mean by this?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies