Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation?
    #10643357 - 07/08/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Reading through "PE" the last few weeks has been worse than I can remember.:shrug: I know their are many newbies out their, but lately it seems every second thread contains some very stupid and potentially dangerous advice or trip reports.

Just because you've done a substance many times, doesn't mean you understand it completely. You know the effects, and sadly that is all most people really know.

For all newcomers and people who only believe rumors of propaganda. Please use this site, and others (like erowid.org) to get the RIGHT information about that substance you are putting in your body, and also to KNOW what you are telling people to do.

Just last week I had an argument with 2 women who claimed to have positive proof that you are legally insane after doing acid 3 times. I asked for sources or info on these claims but they had none, I asked them to please do some research before they talk trash but they would not do so because they already believed the bullshit they have been fed.

So when we are using the internet, with an unlimited amount of resources, please use them before giving advice!:oldman:
Has the shroomery lowered its level of Consciousness?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/08/09 06:11 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelacma50
I'm a teapot

Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: sandman_130]
    #10643399 - 07/08/09 06:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i hope it changes soon...

ya know what forum sucks though?
Mushroom CUltivation

Id say 95% of the people who post new threads there havent even seen the magic white box at the top right corner of the screen...

--------------------

"Any rational person changes their mind when confronted with new evidence."

Edited by lacma50 (07/08/09 06:23 PM)

OfflineOntarioNoob
Learning
Male

Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: lacma50]
    #10643428 - 07/08/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

teach us ohh great ones:)

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: sandman_130]
    #10643433 - 07/08/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The PE has been like this for years.  That's why I only rarely come here, and am very selective about which posts I even take the time to read.

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: lacma50]
    #10643517 - 07/08/09 06:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Aside from the fact that this is a forum, and that discussion should be encouraged, you are correct: people should use the search function more.
Myself, i use the SE frequently, but also find myself gone wanting on a regular basis.

You can read a textbook until the cows come home, but when you need clarification, you can't ask the book.  When people ask specific questions for their specific problem, irrespective of whether there is a vast collection of search engine 'hits' that are similar in content, then it would be greatly appreciated if you would take the time to actually have the patience and friendliness to answer their question, instead of "UTMFSE!".

on topic: i spend most of my time in the ethnogarden and M-hunting, and have always seen PE as a good place to come and read hillarious posts.  The sub-forum is about personal experiences, and opinions, and as such you'll have a lot of less than professional posts ^_^.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Offlinewillowmp
Medical Psychedelic Mushrooms
Male User Gallery

#10643540 - 07/08/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lacma50 said:

Mushroom CUltivation

Id say 95% of the people who post new threads there havent even seen the magic white box at the top right corner of the screen...

:thumbup:

Seriously I don't even go into the cultivation form anymore because there are literally the same question posted multiple times on the same page.

Yea I voted yes.

--------------------
"Fuck it too much Im outta wittbhjkhbhkjsrglhkrgl g I DEE JEUD."
-Because it made sense on xanax and booze...

Offlinelacma50
I'm a teapot

Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: willowmp]
    #10643650 - 07/08/09 07:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

willowmp said:
Quote:

lacma50 said:

Mushroom CUltivation

:thumbup:

Seriously I don't even go into the cultivation form anymore because there are literally the same question posted multiple times on the same page.

Yea I voted yes.

i did too

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#10644124 - 07/08/09 08:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think it's about the same as it's been for a while. I think it's just a higher volume of people, therefore higher volume of inexperienced folks. There's still plenty of knowledgable folks  around, we just get tired of saying UTFSE

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlineauxiliary
Mr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Thatoneville
Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10644222 - 07/08/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Do people with under 50 posts count as ignorant?

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: auxiliary]
    #10644340 - 07/08/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think post count has anything to do with how experienced you are with psychedelics.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10644474 - 07/08/09 09:43 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I havent been on here too long, but I have noticed an increase in stupid/newb posts on here. Many of which wouldnt be necessary if people used the search function.

Maybe its because its summertime and kids have a chance to do/buy drugs and half ass the information part?

Edited by TTT (07/08/09 09:43 PM)

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: auxiliary]
    #10644503 - 07/08/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

auxiliary said:

Quality to quantity bro.

I try not to post much unless I really have something to add to a discussion, an opinion I feel like saying, I find myself in agreement with something or Im pretty certain that what I have to say is correct.

Im not saying my posts are better than other people's, though. I just prefer to search and read. Maybe some people and this section would benefit from that sort of method?

OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: TTT]
    #10644510 - 07/08/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Free copy to every new account?

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

Offlinelacma50
I'm a teapot

Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: Vibes]
    #10644529 - 07/08/09 09:52 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Vibes said:

Free copy to every new account?

holy shit...
thats amazing!!
im gonna use that pic so much!

+5 for yu!

:wink:

--------------------

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #10644555 - 07/08/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i admit to being a little disappointed when, full of intense gratitude and wonder about the mushroom's working in my life, i come here hoping to exchange words with others on a similar path, and find 2 pages of posts from kids living in their parents' basement asking about how to hallucinate, or what movie to watch, or mixing with DXM or weed or whatever. not that i have anything against living in your parents' basement. i did. but that was 25 years ago.

Edited by otherwhitemeat (07/08/09 10:25 PM)

Offlinelovecheese
observer
Male

Loc: n. illinois
Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #10644895 - 07/08/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The search engine problem is such a big problem on so many forums.

With that said, I found myself using the search engine earlier to answer a question. I had typed out a big long post regarding a problem with headaches the day after taking mushrooms. Previewed my post and as I was reading through it again realized that this forums has been around for some time and my problem could not have been that unique. Searched and found an answer within the 1st three search results.

But yes, on every forum I visit, the search button could answer so many questions that people have. That being said, would there be that many questions being asked at all if everyone used the search button?

OfflineJohnP
Why?
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #10644923 - 07/08/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know. I voted the light makes me dumb or something... It definately encourages me to just lay back and soak it all in. I scan through the thread titles and if something seems possibly interesting I read it, beyond that... I lay back and soak in what I can?

Eh. I can't say? Am I a newb would you say?

This is slightly off topic but, The main reason im responding to this is to point out (otherwhitemeat) that DXM for me personally has been a very powerful tool for introspection and has changed how I think about things in many beneficial ways that I probably would have been struggling with had it not been for the help of DXM. The negatives aside, it's not only Dumb teenagers that get a positive kick out of it im sure. DXM Can be a real positive kick given the respect.

Although I can empathize with you on your first point... when you are swimming in the sea, most fish probably don't pay very much attention to the water they are submerged in. A fish being submerged in Water, I would go out on a stretch to say, is like being a knowledgeable person being submerged in a sea of lack of knowledge. I've been on both sides, and don't blame the water for letting me swim.

In other words you can't have one without the other.

Edited by JohnP (07/08/09 10:59 PM)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Is it just me? Or did all the educated shroomers go on vacation? [Re: JohnP]
    #10644953 - 07/08/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey man, I'm right here.

Offlineauxiliary
Mr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Thatoneville
    #10644959 - 07/08/09 11:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TTT said:
Quote:

auxiliary said:

Quality to quantity bro.

I try not to post much unless I really have something to add to a discussion, an opinion I feel like saying, I find myself in agreement with something or Im pretty certain that what I have to say is correct.

Im not saying my posts are better than other people's, though. I just prefer to search and read. Maybe some people and this section would benefit from that sort of method?

More of a joke than an honest question.

--------------------

InvisibleMysterium Fidei
Resident Alien
Male

Loc: Sonoma/Mendicino County, ...
    #10645163 - 07/08/09 11:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It's summertime. If I wasn't such a broke asshole I wouldn't have time to be on this gaddamn thang!

--------------------
"Last chance to evacuate planet Earth before it is recycled".

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck