Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMiNdTwIsTeR
ThirdEye

Which is better IYO pure HPOO or HPOO mixed with WHEAT STRAW???
    #10633924 - 07/07/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Which is better pure HPOO or HPOO mixed with WHEAT STRAW???

Also if you have a favorite bulk substrate just list what it is

Also what things increase potency/yeild with either pure HPOO or HPOO and straw whichever you think is better???  :bigblunt:

What do you think would be the best to mix for CASING Peat Moss Perlite Vermiculite Earthworm Casting. (The only reason i was to use these is because i already have them)

Quote:

lacma50 said:
wat are yu growin

CUBES

The results of this thread is probably what i will end up doing....

well i was just going to do straight straw at first because i couldnt find horse poo anywhere....

but today i just realized that i live kinda close to AMISH plantations haha yea and i decided to take a road trip earlier tonight and i found a fresh pile (felt the heat through the bucket)
It filled my 5 gallon bucket almost half way so i was pretty happy with that find.

HERES A PIC OF THE POO DRYING..ITS ALOT FOR ONE PILE IMO HAHA

i already got the POO outside drying now

As soon as my PF Tek jars (7 1/4 pints) are fully colonized im going to pasteurize the HPOO and put in MONO TUB then blend the PF cakes and mix in with the HPOO

After that im going to tuck trash bag around the sides of the HPOO like a pillow......stab alot of holes in the bag and put away and wait

When 100% colonized i will CASE it with a mix of TWO OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING (because i already have these things for growing Cannabis Sativa  :ganja: ) Peat Moss Perlite Vermiculite Earthworm Castings

Also heres a pic of one of my outdoor plants for this summer

--------------------

Summer 09' Beautiful Plant (date on cam wrong)
**MiNdTwIsTeRs Trade List**

Edited by MiNdTwIsTeR (07/07/09 01:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Which is better pure HPOO or HPOO mixed with WHEAT STRAW??? [Re: MiNdTwIsTeR]
    #10633939 - 07/07/09 01:47 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I was told by rr that poo by itself would work better for P. Cubensis.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlinelacma50
I'm a teapot

Re: Which is better pure HPOO or HPOO mixed with WHEAT STRAW??? [Re: TacoHerder]
    #10633957 - 07/07/09 01:55 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

wat are yu growin

--------------------

"Any rational person changes their mind when confronted with new evidence."

OfflineMiNdTwIsTeR
ThirdEye

Re: Which is better IYO pure HPOO or HPOO mixed with WHEAT STRAW??? [Re: MiNdTwIsTeR]
    #10636141 - 07/07/09 02:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

none has a preferance?

--------------------

Summer 09' Beautiful Plant (date on cam wrong)
**MiNdTwIsTeRs Trade List**

Offlinelacma50
I'm a teapot

Re: Which is better IYO pure HPOO or HPOO mixed with WHEAT STRAW??? [Re: MiNdTwIsTeR]
    #10636150 - 07/07/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

cuz a lot of people here have a preference for whatevers cheapest

it also depends on whats being grown

--------------------

"Any rational person changes their mind when confronted with new evidence."

OfflinePsilosophy
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10636160 - 07/07/09 02:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm pretty sure good grows depend on a lot more than whether or not you add wheat straw. I like my 6qt composted hpoo, 1qt wc, 1qt coir, 1qt coffee sub. It's really up to you but I would DEFINITELY mix it with verm not perlite. (Also gypsum is a sworn-by additive to any bulk sub)

Edit: Also hpoo thats too fresh will only harbor contams and debilitate your grow, I would also consider layering in spawn, not mixing as RR says it allows the myc to recover/colonize quicker.

Edited by Psilosophy (07/07/09 02:21 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag