Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Aquarium Heater, Grow Light, HEPA Filter, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezoomzoom
Stranger
room within a room
    #1062697 - 11/18/02 03:17 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

i have an idea for using the same room for spawn running and fruiting at the same time. i've read through the forums for hours and i haven't seen anything similar.

you would need:

a timed grow light
clear rubbermaid box 12" deep with clear lid (growbox)
larger rubbermaid box to black out the light (blackbox)
space heater with thermostat
cool mist humidifier
hepa filter
indoor/outdoor electronic thermometer (w/remote probe sensor)
perlite
peroxide

1. pasteurize the straw and mix it with ryeseed spawn in the growbox.

2. place outdoor temperature probe on the INSIDE wall of the growox and close lid.

3. place the indoor console part of the thermometer in middle of the room. (run the wire under the lid of the growbox)

4. pour a 2" layer of water/perlite/peroxide (as per your favorite recipe) into the blackbox.

5. place the growbox inside the blackbox on top of the perlite layer and close lid. (again, run the wire under the lid of the blackbox)

6. turn on the space heater in the closed room and tune it to so the entire room is at FRUITING temp. (78F) according to the indoor temp of the electronic thermometer.

7. then, place the blackbox in front of the space heater so it heats up (say 2-3 feet away) and wait for temp to stabilize inside the box (according to the outdoor temp sensor reading).

8. simply tune the interior temperature of the growbox to 82F by moving it closer or farther away from the space heater.

9. for the air in the rest of the room, add a cool mist humidifier timed to maintain 95% RH and place a hepa filter beside the original space heater and you've got all bases covered.

10. case the straw in the growbox after 2 weeks and wait another week.

11. after casing soil is fully run with mycelium, remove the clear growbox from the blackbox and fruit it in the room with the clear lid in place under a timed growlight.

12. while growbox #1 is fruiting in the room, you may start another two week spawn run in the vacated blackbox.

now you have two boxes in the same room, one is fruiting under light at 78F and the other is spawning in the dark at 82F.

is this tek too easy to be true?

do i get to give it a cool personalized name if it catches on in popularity?

perhaps "ZZ tek" ? haha.

seriously though... any comments/critisisms/improvement suggestions would be appreciated.

ZZ

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: room within a room [Re: zoomzoom]
    #1062824 - 11/18/02 03:50 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

that's almost exactly what i do but with cakes/casings. i don't rely on moving the incubator; i use an aquarium heater in a jar of water. i don't use a room humifier either but an air pump in water/perlite within the fruiting chamber itself.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinezoomzoom
Stranger
Re: room within a room [Re: Bilge]
    #1064388 - 11/19/02 12:22 AM (14 years, 23 days ago)

hey bilge,

Are you sure you're answering the right post, lol. You're using an incubator for some cakes... which has nothing whatsoever to do with the problems I'm trying to solve here. I have the same setup as yours for cakes...but with this idea, I'm trying to establish two distinctly different and controlled temperatures, humidities, CO2 concentrations and light levels in a single room for the purposes of spawn running and fruiting cased trays of straw at the same time and in the same room . I need total darkness, 82F, high CO2 and 90% RH for one procedure but for the other, I need 12 hours of light, 72F, low CO2 and 95+% RH.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Aquarium Heater, Grow Light, HEPA Filter, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation