Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNeuroscience
Stranger

Loc: Midlands Flag
How long until mycelium growth?
    #10482001 - 06/10/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hi,

I have a question regarding growbags, any answers are much appreciated.

I have never cultivated before so decided to start with two growbags.
Both have been inoculated with 2.5cc cub.amazon spores. This was done around a month ago, I did all I could ensure sterility during inoculation. The bags are now stored in a warm, dark cupboard next to an insulated hot water tank that warms the cupboard slightly above room temp.
One bag still has no sign of growth and the substrate looks significantly wetter than before, as if water has been added causing a mushy consistency at the bottom corners of the bag. The substrate in the other bag looks fine and has only recently (past few days) developed tiny white/grey ropey spots in random places. Should this have taken four weeks? Are both my bags doomed???

Many Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerollanotherbowl
Destroy, Erase, Improve
Male

Re: How long until mycelium growth? [Re: Neuroscience]
    #10482092 - 06/10/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

my bag from the mad season took 4 days to show growth from spores. still going now.

--------------------
We're the carriers of a new anomaly;
Fold, unfold.
Bend, shift color.

OfflineNeuroscience
Stranger

Loc: Midlands Flag
Re: How long until mycelium growth? [Re: rollanotherbowl]
    #10552078 - 06/22/09 03:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Just to update, one of the bags is almost fully colonised. Mycelium growth started as soon as I moved the bag out of the airing cupboard into a room temp closet. I almost threw the bag away due to such late growth. If you stumbled across this thread due to having no growth yourself, dont bin your bag just yet, try placing in a more temperature stable environment. Happy Days!

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: How long until mycelium growth? [Re: Neuroscience]
    #10552470 - 06/22/09 07:23 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

inoculate against the sides of the bag so you see growth when it starts. If you inoculate into the substrate, yor not goig to see it until it works its way out. You should also mix the bag around 20%, but you wont know 20% if you cant see it.

The other bag doesnt sound good, it should not be wet. Could possibly be bacteria

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleGrean
grean
Male

Loc: Gauteng, South Africa
Re: How long until mycelium growth? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10626706 - 07/05/09 08:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have 12 jars of BRF/VERM already inoculated, it's been 4 days since I inncolulated them and I was wondering what's the average ammount of time until their is visible mycelium growth?
and is 65 - 75 degrees F. ok?

any help would be great!

--------------------
:mushroom2:GREAN:mushroom2:

InvisibleMnboardin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How long until mycelium growth? [Re: Grean]
    #10626747 - 07/05/09 08:12 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Grean said:
I have 12 jars of BRF/VERM already inoculated, it's been 4 days since I inncolulated them and I was wondering what's the average ammount of time until their is visible mycelium growth?
and is 65 - 75 degrees F. ok?

any help would be great!

With patience they will take what only seems like a second, but typically, based on my experience at colonizing BRF/VERM jars at that temp, anywhere from 3 days to 10 days.

--------------------
:hamletmonkey:

InvisibleGrean
grean
Male

Loc: Gauteng, South Africa
Re: How long until mycelium growth? [Re: Mnboardin]
    #10637597 - 07/07/09 06:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

it's been 5 days now and I see very visable mycelium growth! ^_^
I decided to build an incubator for them and now I'm keeping them at 75-80 degrees!
thanx much for the reply!
I was also wondering do u have to wait a full 3 weeks before casing and transfer to fruiting chamber or would it be alright to case them earlier as long as they seem matured and fully colonized?

--------------------
:mushroom2:GREAN:mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags