Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Group salvia experiences
    #6053764 - 09/12/06 02:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I have smoked salvia a few times with a friend or two; the results have always been intense experiences in which I question what our friendship means, whether I am dependent on that friend in some way, whether I should be trying to change the course of my life, etc. I have found these trips more confusing than my solo trips, and rarely do they leave a good taste in my mouth.

Recently, three of my friends and I were drinking at a friend's house. We had each had quite a few beers and were feeling pretty tipsy. It was a quiet, warm night and we decided to sit out in the grass in the backyard and smoke some 20x salvia.

I packed the first bowl and my friend took two enormous hits, then passed it to me; I quickly packed another, inhaled, and passed it to my next friend who would do the same. In this way we all came up at roughly the same time.

My first memory is feeling a wave of the strange 'pushing-pulling' sensation that I invariably feel in various parts of my body during salvia trips; this time it was less isolated to one region, and seemed to fluctuate up and down me. Accompanying it was a kind of pixellation effect on the world around me; the backyard was transformed into uniform pastel colors -- greyish blue, dull purple, grey, white.

I didn't have time to realize how massive a bowl I had packed; the trip became intense at the exact instant that I forgot what 'intense' means, forgot where I was, indeed forgot that I had just ingested a powerful hallucinogenic drug.

My friends had become animated cut-outs, inlaid in one of those cardboard-page children's books that you see pre-schoolers reading. The image of a band popped into my head. "Aha!" I shrieked madly. "We are the walrus band playing in a children's book!"

Of course my friends couldn't really grok what I was saying. I had to demonstrate it. I ran over to my friend, who was lookin sort of penguin-y or Mad Hatter-esque, and played an air trombone, tooting loudly with my mouth. My friends went into fits of hysterical laughter, which sounded like aluminum crumpling at the edge of sanity.

Pretty soon we were in a maelstrom of activity; everyone was running around the yard yelling things, and slowly (though it had probably only been 5-6 minutes) we began to remember that we were human. This realization made us all take a step back and sit down. After about 15 minutes we were at a sort of baseline, though still slightly intoxicated from the beer.

In discussing the trip, my friend and I both powerfully felt the motif of a childish world -- he felt like we had been moving through a similar pastel world; he recognized it as a nursery, and our movements as riding on toy tricycles, while I saw it as a 3-dimensional children's book narrated by our band. These scenarios sound very different, but in recalling them to one another there were amazing similarities.

Our other friends had somewhat different experiences. One said I had brought him into the world of the 'children's band', and he had thought he was the walrus trombonist. The fourth had apparently retained some identity-components and was unable to relate to our experience in any 'weird' way--for him the trip had been about the four of us being fucked up and incoherent on a drug (it hadn't helped that he had already smoked that night, and so had a lower tolerance).

The experience was strange and unsettling. I have experienced many strange worlds on salvia, but not as cohesive as this, and none whose mood was so infantile and un-psychedelic. It wasn't "fun" even while it was going on, but looking back the thing I remembered most was my ego's ability to rapidly conform to the new world and create a narrative for it as it was going on. I felt afterwards as though I had not left that strange place, but had merely assimilated it into my ego-perspective.

Anyway, I'm sleep deprived right now, and mostly incoherent. I would've posted this in Trip Reports, but my aim is not merely to recount a trip but to see if anyone else has had strange group salvia experiences which they would like to relate here. The effect of the salvia experience on the group dynamic can be enormous, I think, even in the days following the short-lived trip. What are your feelings?

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Group salvia experiences [Re: Lion]
    #6060009 - 09/14/06 08:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I love how this went.
very nice account - I never tried a group only 2 at most.
the birth of the cartoon band by playing air trombone is classic.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Group salvia experiences [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6060826 - 09/14/06 01:20 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I felt afterwards as though I had not left that strange place, but had merely assimilated it into my ego-perspective.

and thats exactly what you did.

sounds like a real BLAST.

ive been interested in group salvia experiences.

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: Group salvia experiences [Re: CptnGarden]
    #6061182 - 09/14/06 02:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

What were the elements of it that you did not enjoy? It sounds like an interesting and enjoyable trip to me, but you seem as though you didn't like it.

InvisibleTheEnd
Strange Daze

Re: Group salvia experiences [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6061790 - 09/14/06 05:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I know it depends who you're with when you do it, and what kind of trip they have when smoking salvia, but group experiences...not good for me. Our personalities just sort of clashed a bit and it made for a very uncomfortable setting. If I do salvia again, I plan on doing it by myself.

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Group salvia experiences [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6062223 - 09/14/06 07:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dihnekis said:
What were the elements of it that you did not enjoy? It sounds like an interesting and enjoyable trip to me, but you seem as though you didn't like it.

I might have had fun during the experience if I had had any notion of what "fun" is; as it what it was indescribable in terms of human emotion/experience. Afterwards, it raised some uncomfortable (though ultimately useful) questions in my mind, and left me and my group of friends shaken and introspective for the rest of the night.

--------------------

Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
    #6063134 - 09/14/06 10:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

nice, i like it. all of my trips of salvia (20x) have been in a group setting (atleast 2 people). I enjoy it, but I say this hesitantly. The actual trip is not physically enjoyable, but the experience is one I enjoy. Does this make sense? The altered perception, and new outlook, is what I enjoy. I usually experience a feeling of HEAVY pressure, like the air is pushing down on me with a tremendous amount of force. Also, my mind is extremely cloudy, and I'm very detached from my senses...such as talking and comprehending...just plain thinking! its very intense, and also accompanied by laughter...i have a nice little group story which i will share with everyone...

This past summer, my friend and I were able to have a supply of 20x salvia extract and tried it many times with different people. We often just gave our friends a little to try on their own. So, one night a couple of our buds called us and said they had smoked all the salvia and nothing had happened. Come to find out, they were smoking the complete wrong way by taking hits and passing the bowl around. So we met up with them at a gas station and all hopped into one car and smoked some salvia in a parking lot. so my friend is tryin to tell the other 2 guys how to smoke the salvia to get the effects. So he smoked a bowl...and "showed" them. then one of the other guys, we will call him blake, smoked a bowl. Before he was even done inhaling, he busted out laughing and blew the burning embers in the bowl out onto his lap. This burned several holes in his pants...and come to find out...they were brand new pants that his mom got him for work that same day (we actually met up with him at a gas station right next to his work when he got off)...so,we're all a little off from the salvia, and noone could control their laughter at Blake's salvia induce stupidity. We never did follow back up to see what his mom would say about burn holes in his new pants. we thought she might be suspicious of a lil MJ, but nothing ever happened. newais, it was one of my fun group salvia trips, hope you enjoyed.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

The Elves Come Out to Play! [Re: Lion]
    #6074017 - 09/18/06 01:12 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Last night a few friends and I went to the local Hooters for the Redskins-Cowboys game.  I couldn't have cared less about the outcome of the game, but the setting for watching it was very enjoyable.  I took shots and drank a few beers before we went, and once we got to Hooters I ended up drinking about two pitchers of beer - completely drunk off my ass.

I had my trusty supply of 20x with me and we decided to sit in the middle of the soccer field across from my house and partake of the Lady.  I have no memory of my trip whatsoever - I remember (albeit hazily) what happened before or after, but the trip is a black hole in my memory: I was sucked up completely.

After the trip, one of my friend's left hurriedly and the other sat with me in the field.  We didn't have any idea why our other friend had left, but we didn't think about it much as we were soon engulfed in a lengthy, heart-to-heart philosophical conversation.  I felt more open to expressing my thoughts as they occurred than I have recently - the conversation was lucid and I think I kind of blew my friend's mind by the end of it.  He has suffered a tragic family loss, and suffers from self-esteem issues and believes that life is mean and pointless.

Today I asked my other friend about his trip.  He wasn't as drunk as me at the time, and probably smoked less salvia, and so remembered it vividly.  He described it as the most horrifying experience of his life - pure terror like he had never felt before.  His body became transluscent and then disappeared altogether 'into the grass and the wind'.  This was the reason for his quick departure.

Then he told me something that I didn't believe.  He said that after he and my other friend had come down from their trips, I had been sitting in the middle of the field holding the bowl we'd smoked out of.  Suddenly I lifted the bowl and put it in my mouth and began to choke and wheeze as I tried to gulp it down.  My friends ran over to me, terrified, and one of them actually stuck his fingers deep down my throat as I gasped for breath.  The other put his fingers in and pulled them back when he realized that there was nothing at this point.  At this point I began laughing hysterically, and pulled the bowl out from beneath my legs, where I had hidden it.  In one swift motion I tossed the bowl as far as I could across the field, as my friends sat and stared, bewildered by my wild-eyed laughter.

It was shortly after this, apparently, that I 'came back' and saw my friend leaving frantically.

I couldn't believe this story - until my other friend confirmed it a few minutes later.  It makes me smile to think of my physical body possessed by a spirit so purely elfish.  It certainly was not my will - certainly not my ego - which created this ridiculous prank.  It was the spirit of the herb, or of an entity therein.  It is humbling to think that I was allowed, on some plane, to dance with the elves.  I only wish my friends could have experienced it with me.  :heart:

--------------------

OfflineOld First Timer
Stranger
Male
Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #10099258 - 04/03/09 08:54 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Hey everyone. I ordered some 20X Salvia online the other day, It's legal here in Toronto Canada, and I was wondering if I can just sprinkle some in some tobacco to catch a relatively mild buzz.

I'm 50 years old and I used to do allot of acid back in the 70's, along with some schrooms, peyote, mescaline, speed, coke and a whole bunch of other goodies.

A buzz would be nice but I'm not into feeling like my face just fell off, lol.

What do you guys think?

Thanks, Joe

OfflineEthericOctopuss
One foot in, onefoot out
Male

Re: Group salvia experiences [Re: Old First Timer]
    #10099358 - 04/03/09 09:24 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Old First Timer said:
Hey everyone. I ordered some 20X Salvia online the other day, It's legal here in Toronto Canada, and I was wondering if I can just sprinkle some in some tobacco to catch a relatively mild buzz.

I'm 50 years old and I used to do allot of acid back in the 70's, along with some schrooms, peyote, mescaline, speed, coke and a whole bunch of other goodies.

A buzz would be nice but I'm not into feeling like my face just fell off, lol.

What do you guys think?

Thanks, Joe

20 X is no joke. I would use a VERY small amount to test the waters, like a salt grain size. This stuff is powerful beyond description. It hits fast and hard.

OfflineOld First Timer
Stranger
Male
Re: Group salvia experiences [Re: EthericOctopuss]
    #10103780 - 04/04/09 04:03 AM (15 years, 15 days ago)

Wow, the size of a grain of salt mixed in with tobacco, EthericOctopuss?

Just so I'm clear, with enough tobacco to make a cigarette?

Thanks for your time, by the way, Joe

OfflineOld First Timer
Stranger
Male
    #10623557 - 07/05/09 05:41 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I finally tried Salvia yesterday for the first time, crazy schit.

Blasting off was pretty wild, not in a bad way, it felt awesome. I was watching and listening to "Roll The Bones" from the "Rush, Live in Rio" DVD and all of a sudden... kaboom, lol.

I can't believe what I heard once I got off, I wish I could explain.

I hadn't gotten high in decades and I absolutely loved it. I was big on Sid's back in the day, and while not the same, the similarities are there.

I just wish the high would last longer.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#10623930 - 07/05/09 09:15 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

enjoy, old timer
i'm 57, and salvia is super for me
even smokin plain leaf which grows indoors in toronto just fine.

acid is more controllable, but you can keep smoking the leaf through a day or night if you like, and manage a pretty interesting ongoing trip.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineOld First Timer
Stranger
Male
Re: Group salvia experiences [Re: redgreenvines]
    #10623957 - 07/05/09 09:26 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
enjoy, old timer
i'm 57, and salvia is super for me
even smokin plain leaf which grows indoors in toronto just fine.

acid is more controllable, but you can keep smoking the leaf through a day or night if you like, and manage a pretty interesting ongoing trip.

Thanks for the reply, vines. I have a couple of questions for you, please.

What do you mean by "plain leaf" and regarding Toronto, that happens to be where I live, coincidence?

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
    #10624244 - 07/05/09 11:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

There are no coincidences  :whatwhat:

Wish I could try that vines, the plain leaf smoking tek, but salviDee, doesn't like me enough to stay alive in my company hehe.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom