Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

How secure is paypal?
    #1061874 - 11/18/02 09:52 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ok Ok ... I'm sure this subject has come up before, but I haven't gotten my answer. How secure is paypal. If it came down to it, and someone was looking into your bank records and credit card statements wouldn't "echeck blah blah" still look fishy. Then it's just a matter of tracing the check to somewhere strange like "sporeworks". Even if they had no clue about cultivation they would think you were either a terrorist or a nutjob. Either way, there goes the whole shaboing-boing. I'd like to hear from lana on this one since she/he/it is a vendor. Cool post #200.................... and only after a year and a half!

Edited by cheesenoonions (11/18/02 09:53 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

[Re: cheesenoonions]
    #1065931 - 11/19/02 12:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Re: How secure is paypal? [Re: matts]
    #1070236 - 11/20/02 03:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well there you go. It isn't very secure at all.

Re: How secure is paypal? [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #1074502 - 11/21/02 06:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I dont know about security, but they fucking stole 30 bucks from me.
I put in my bank account information perfectly and something went wrong, so they just stole 30 bucks from me because apparantly it was that much of an inconvenience to them.
They wont even respond to my emails either

All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Loc: United States of America ...
Re: How secure is paypal? [Re: razer]
    #1074802 - 11/21/02 08:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

call up their customer service line and complain.

Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

-State of Art-

Loc: WA State, USA
Re: How secure is paypal? [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #1156812 - 12/20/02 03:57 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Vendors of "questionable" wares should read the text I've pasted below. Some of you may recognize which site the text comes from, but I'm ommitting the names of those involved to avoid naming sources (as recently I discovered I have been breaking the rules - sorry).

If you have a PayPal account, your account can be closed and your money stolen from you by PayPal without any warning or known reason. PayPal recently closed both [of our] partners' accounts, one partner's girlfriend's account, two companies [we have] worked with and one supplier of [ours] without any warning, seizing (stealing) more than $8,000.00 between the accounts. Anyone that was paid through or made a payment through any of the accounts--no matter what they were paying for--were at risk of having their account shut down and their money stolen.

No warning was given for the permanent closings of the accounts. Evidentally it was because one of the companies [we have] worked with sold Salvia on eBay and then they just went down the line closing any account that had had activity with that company. We were supposed to fax them very personal information that most people would not want to give out, supposedly to verify that who we were even though it turns out our identity was never in doubt. After that time, they decided to permanently close our account. No official reason was ever given. Their official response was that we violated their user agreement. What part of the user agreement? The part that says: PayPal reserves the right to close any account for any reason and anytime.

We can only assume that they don't approve of our completely legal web site. But they also closed down our supplier's account with $2,000.00 in it. That suppliers main business is selling avocados and Saguaro cactus. Maybe they have something against plants in general. No one really knows. And they won't say.

It was only after repeated phone calls to very rude and uninformed "customer service" reps that we were given the priviledge of asking for our money back after 180 days, at which time they would review our case and decide if they would return our money to us. Note they didn't say they would return our money then, only that they would decide on returning our money then. In the meantime we are supposed to continue filling the orders that had been paid for through PayPal even though PayPal had the payments for those orders.

Even if you don't have a business, you can still be at risk. People just selling or buying knick knacks on eBay have been shut down without warning or reason; their money stolen. Three states are currently in court agains PayPal. States, not people. Many more people have filed lawsuits against PayPal, but they make it impossible to sue them with their lengthy user agreement and team of lawyers. Louisiana is trying to get all PayPal activity banned from the state to protect it's citizens.

Please visit the web sites above for more information. If you have been a victim of PayPal, you can visit www.aboutpaypal.org/ to get help taking them to court.

Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
I turn my back to the east,
From whence comforts have increas'd;
For light doth seize my brain
With frantic pain.

Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: How secure is paypal? [Re: Nirvhead]
    #1168506 - 12/24/02 08:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I made a smart move, I moved all of my money out of my paypal account.
Yes, it was a great tool to use during the holiday season, but now thats over... so is paypal. It is a risk, one that is increased significantly if your involed with any... erm, un-christian (for lack of a better word) activities)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

General Interest >> Science and Technology