Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
Different types of Shrooms.
    #1061831 - 11/18/02 06:53 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Do different types of Magic Mushrooms have different effects? I only ask cos I posted about Liberty Caps and someone said they are quite uplifting and Euphoric. Where as others are different in small ways.

Thoughts please.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
Re: Different types of Shrooms. [Re: chrispc]
    #1074499 - 11/21/02 04:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well??? This is the questions fourm is it not?

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
    #1074531 - 11/21/02 04:31 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think they do. Others might not. Maybe it depends on how sensitive you are.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1076015 - 11/22/02 05:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Definately - different alkaloid ratios mean very different experiences.

--------------------

InvisiblePsilosKube
I'm eat todd did

Loc: In bed with your woman
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: chrispc]
    #1076025 - 11/22/02 06:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
PK

All information and images posted by myself are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. I accept no responsibility for inapropriate or Illegal use of this information.

Edited by PsilosKube (11/22/02 06:05 AM)

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Different types of Shrooms. [Re: PsilosKube]
    #1076446 - 11/22/02 09:32 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Different types of Shrooms should give diffrent effects, this is because of the dfiffrent alkeloid contents. An example of this would be to compare some liberty caps with some cubes. I have found that Libs are more visuial and dreamy and cubes are less visuial but more speedy this is because of the psilocybin/psilobin
ratios. There is also probably other diffrent chemicles in there that we dont know about. But as the other post suggest it could all be just my subjective opinion through past experience.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Different types of Shrooms. [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1076491 - 11/22/02 10:04 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

different alkaloid ratios mean very different experiences

Why? There are three active alkaloids in mushrooms, these can be present in varying amounts but why should their effects be different? They are the same alkaloids after all.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Different types of Shrooms. [Re: Xlea321]
    #1076528 - 11/22/02 10:20 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok then here is how :

Diffreent mushrooms can contain diffrent amounts of chemicle and they have chemicles that have diffrent effects for example Psilocybin and Psilocin one of them is more speedy the other more visuial. So diffrent ration would effect the speedyness of the trip and the visuial ness of the trip.

There effect would be diffrent because there would be a diffrent amount of receptor cites in the brain that would be activated at the diffrent ratios of the chemicles..

So if there was a ratio of Psilocybin 20 : 10 Psilocin then there would be a greater chance of more Psilocybin molecules locking in the receptor sites than Psilocin and because they have both diffrent effect it should alter the out come of the trip.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Different types of Shrooms. [Re: EvilGir]
    #1076627 - 11/22/02 10:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

psilocybin breaks down into psilocin before it can have any effect on the brain.
I think it has alot to do with mindstate and dosage.
although there are lots of unknown, possibly psychoactive chemicals in magic mushrooms.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #1076854 - 11/22/02 12:27 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Having dosed on lots of different cube strains that the effects in general are the same, but every trip i took was different in its own way.

Effects are a subjective opinion wont get a straight answer on this one.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (11/22/02 12:28 PM)

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

#1076999 - 11/22/02 01:39 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hi,

that table on the Mushroom FAQ (showing the chemicals found in Psilocybe baeocystis) , does not say anything because  the analysed gross weight  isn't cited . :confused:  :confused: :confused::confused: :confused:

have anyone seeing others results like this one ,below? :

TITLE: Presence of phenylethylamine in hallucinogenic Psilocybe mushroom: possible role in adverse reactions.
AUTHORS: Beck O; Helander A; Karlson-Stiber C; Stephansson N
AUTHOR AFFILIATION: Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden.
SOURCE: J Anal Toxicol 1998 Jan-Feb;22(1):45-9
CITATION IDS: PMID: 9491968 UI: 98150932
ABSTRACT: The use of mushrooms containing the hallucinogenic substance psilocybin for intentional intoxication is relatively common. Occasionally, this results in adverse reactions with typical tachycardia that is not evidently caused by psilocybin. This study demonstrates the presence of phenylethylamine in the species Psilocybe semilanceata using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry and shows that the amount of this substance may vary much more than that of psilocybin. The highest amount of phenylethylamine (146 microg/g wet weight) was observed in mushrooms from a case of three young men hospitalized because of adverse reactions. Comparison of the symptoms observed in clinical cases of magic mushroom intoxication with those after intake of pure psilocybin or phenylethylamine suggests that phenylethylamine might have a role in the development of adverse reactions to Psilocybe mushroom intake.

best wishes 

Edited by Hermes_br (11/22/02 03:48 PM)

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Different types of Shrooms. [Re: EvilGir]
    #1081311 - 11/24/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

no 2 trips are the same, but I doubt that the different strains have different effects.

Also , When you ingest your mushrooms, the psilocybin breaks down into psilocin before it effects you. Therefore It does not matter what the psilocybin/ psilocin ratios are because it is all going to be turned into psilocin anyway. The only thing the ratio would effect is how fast the mushroom kicks in is my hypothesis.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Different types of Shrooms. [Re: Hermes_br]
    #1083613 - 11/25/02 02:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting post.

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#1083618 - 11/25/02 02:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Since when where there only three alkaloids in psilocybin mushrooms?? As an example:
Panaeolus Cyanescens contained around 0.7% psilocybin, 0.16% serotonin, 0.04% psilocin, 0.06% 5-OH-tryptophan, 0.02% uncoverted tryptophan and 0.01% baeocystis.
I could list about 40 seperate alkaloids and enzymes that are all present in differing degrees in psilocybin mushrooms, and these are only the known ones.
BTW Baeocystis in the words of Stamets is a misnomer. It is really VERY similar to psilocin.

--------------------

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1083923 - 11/25/02 08:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've got to get my 2p in on this.

There are many things that will affect how you trip.

• What state are you in? If you have an empty stomach you will have a very different trip than if you've just had dinner. If you've played squash for an hour you will have a different trip than if you've just got out of bed, etc..

• What other psycho active compounds are in your system already? If you've drank five lagers then you will have a different experience to if you're tea total.

• What psycho active compounds are you coonsuming with the halucinogen in question? If you wash your shrooms down with a load of strong coffee or chocolate then you will have a different experience than if you wash them down with pure orange juice. I make a policy of never consuming any additives, especially when tripping, only pure, organic juices and munchies when i'm high. It does make a difference.

• Are the shrooms fresh, two days old, dried, 6 months old or what? The age and quality of the shrooms will be just as significant in the difference to the trip as the type is. The alkaloids change and degrade over time and storage conditions.

• What type of shrooms. I'm in with the idea that the different types of shrooms contain different levels of psychoactive compounds and therefore produce different trips. A liberty cap trip is definitely different to a cube trip. Obviously some people are just totally insensitive to the differences, which maybe due to them being caffiene or nicotine addicts or even alcoholics, or just plain they can't tell the difference. A bit like tone deaf people not being able to sing.

• What substrate were they grown on, and under what conditions? This has got to make a difference to the psychoactive compound levels.

• How were they prepared? If you consume a load of finely ground dried shrooms in orange juice, you will come up a lot quicker than munching whole fresh shrooms in a mayonaise sandwich. The speed of the come up is one of the greatest causes of difference in the type of trip you experience. If you boil the shrooms then you will alter the levels of the compounds and thus the trip.

• Quantity. As Stalin said, "Quantity has a quality all of its own." (I think it was Stalin). If you dose with four grams of dried cubes then you will have an extremely different trip than if you take seven grams.

• Surroundings. I really enjoy shrooms at home, but they become quite scary when I've taken them at London squat parties.

• People. Who you are with will affect you just as much as any of the above. If you're in bed with a lovely babe then you are going to have a very different trip than just hanging out with some guys who are getting to be a little annoying.

• At the end of the day each trip is different from every other trip, that's the beauty of halucinogens - you never quite know what's going to jump out of the depths of your mind today. If you want some assurances then stick with beer and leave the trips alone.

I've tripped many thousands of times and on many different halucinogens, and they're all great. It's the little differences that make these drugs so wonderful and interesting, and it's the reason that i'll keep doing them until the moment i die.

My advice is that you grow your own shrooms and experiment with different grow methods, and types of shrooms, to see what suits you. Also go through the list above and experiment with different trip conditions to see what floats your boat and what doesn't. Sure, you're going to find some situations really scary, but that's all part of the fun - and it makes you appreciate the good trips that much more. You've got a whole lifetime of experimenting to do - beats the shit out of just going down the pub.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Different types of Shrooms. [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1083933 - 11/25/02 08:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I will take your advice and see whats up.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Different types of Shrooms. [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1084093 - 11/25/02 10:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I could list about 40 seperate alkaloids and enzymes that are all present in differing degrees in psilocybin mushrooms, and these are only the known ones.

Yeah but they have to be psychoactive. Peyote has around 60 alkaloids but mescaline is the only one that really matters.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

#1084132 - 11/25/02 11:14 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hi,

I'm sure that anyone experienced with it , can tell whether it's pure mescaline (psilocybine) or the cacti (mushroom) matter.
Considering the subject is in a blind test. (for instance a inactive matter laced with the pure form ,some kind of enema or something) :blush:

best wishes 

Edited by Hermes_br (11/25/02 12:37 PM)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#1086529 - 11/26/02 01:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Again I dissagree - there is no evidence that suggests that these related alkaloids are not active - infact due to their inter-related nature the inference can be quickly established that they are.

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Different types of Shrooms. [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1086652 - 11/26/02 02:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Nice writeup Mr Wooblehead  :wink:
Ever tried DOM?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate