Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Questions from a virgin cultivator
    #1061124 - 11/17/02 10:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok i have 3 mexicana cakes ready to be birthed and im wondering if i can use a heating pad and some other things i have to fruit one of them for an experiment . I dont wanna do it with all three because of the risk factor of losing one of my precious babies due to lack of experience.If it is possible to do should i use a water/peroxcide mixture to mist the walls of my container or can i use just sterile water to mist the sides?? And i know this is long but thats why im here is to learn and take things in..but how often should i mist ?

Another thing is that would a florescent 12 inch fish tank light be better then lets say having a 80 watt bulb set far from the container and shining against the wal to reflect the light so its not a direct flow to the pins/shrooms??

Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated

--------------------
[NubS]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: Rabbitt]
    #1061173 - 11/17/02 10:44 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

First off, unless you live in an igloo the heating pad is unnecessary. The ideal fruiting temp for P. cubensis is roughly 72 degrees. Hence the term "cold shocking", don't worry about wha that is. When fruiting right off the cakes you're going to want to keep the humidity as high as you can (above 90%) as the mycelium is very sensistive to dry air. Lighting is not a major issue here as only a very small ammount of light is required to trigger the production of the hormone which causes the initiation of fruiting. Also, sterile water is fine, there is no need to add anythign to it. Generally the distilled water you cna get from any of the marts for about 90 cents on the gallon will be great. Just make sure to fan well before misting, fresh air is somethign else that is needed to properly induce fruiting. Hope this helps ya out.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

Anonymous

#1061188 - 11/17/02 10:50 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

shit dude, its easy to get rid of that virgin status, just go by the corner with a few dollars, sally will be glad to help

nah, umm, when you take the cakes out the jars, and their fruiting an shit, a heating pad will dry it out
also, you only need very little light, maybe 30 minutes a day, so the mushies know which direction to grow. theyre not like weed plants. if your incubation chamber is clear, and exposed to any outside light, you should be ok, if its not clear, when you mist, leave the lid off for about an hour to expose the cakes to light, and that should do the trick

about the peroxide, you should do a search, or let a more experienced person help you with that

but like you said, they are experiments, and experiments arent done with ordinary teks, or they would be called grows, so try different things if your mind takes you there

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: Teon]
    #1061190 - 11/17/02 10:51 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yeah it kinda did but im looking for if the heating pad well help with the humidity to raise it cause its not humid at all in my house nor my grow spot but it is kinda warm the temp is above the normal in my house i also can hook up a heater an electric one in the room to help raise and stabilize the temp if that will help any..and as far as misting them do i mist the cakes them selves or just the walls of the container and should i also put a air exchange holein my cont. and stuff it with lets say cotton or pillw stuffing so no contams get in ?? im very new and have been reading but figured its time to ask ?'s now ccause im getting excited about my little friends now

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1061261 - 11/17/02 11:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Raising the temp will lower the humidity.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: Skikid16]
    #1061298 - 11/17/02 11:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok heres another part to this thing if i put a heater in the room and spray the sides of the bin will that be good for humidity ?? And if use filtered tap water that is bioled thoroughly is trhat good enough instead of going out and buying spring water?

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

#1061485 - 11/18/02 01:19 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Warm air can hold more water then cold air can.

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1061495 - 11/18/02 01:25 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

How does raising the temp lower the humidity?

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1061499 - 11/18/02 01:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

it doesn't. he said warm air holds more water- meaning higher humidity.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: MsPacMan]
    #1061505 - 11/18/02 01:29 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok thx for that bit of info but i noticed i have a pretty nice sized cooler would that be easier or better to fruit them in since it can seal and will not allow any light more then what i want in? And if so then what about humidity inside of the cooler?? how would i go about getting it right and stabilizing it there with a heater in the room eg: electric wire heater not a porcelein one

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: MsPacMan]
    #1061513 - 11/18/02 01:33 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I was responding to this quote from Sikkid

In reply to:

Raising the temp will lower the humidity.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #1061564 - 11/18/02 01:55 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

Warm air can hold more water then cold air can.

warm air can hold more water than cold air, but 100% humidity is 100% humidity, regardless of temp.

you reaffirmed my point. Think about it like this, in the summer time, on a real humid day, when is there fog out? In the morning, this is because it is cooler then, the dew point is closer to the temp. Thats why when hot, humid air rises in the summer, it cools as it rises until it reaches the dewpoint, when it can do one of two things, condense and form a cloud or heat up. So thats why I said that raising the temps will cause humidity to drop, because if you raise the temp, then the temp will rise above the dew point, thus the air will go from saturated to you got it unsaturated.

I mean I may have smoked myself stupid, but I was a meteorology major for my first year of college. But please, if someone can explain to me how raising the temp will increase humidity, please do.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1061594 - 11/18/02 02:11 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well im glad you paid attention in college but i still have the same questions as before so can somebody please help me with them??

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1061600 - 11/18/02 02:13 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

>But please, if someone can explain to me how raising the temp will increase humidity, please do.

You?re right, in an enlosed container, if you raise the temperature(and if the pressure stays the same) the relative humidity drops.

A good link on this:
http://www.ems.psu.edu/~fraser/BadMeteorology.html

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1061612 - 11/18/02 02:17 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

>If it is possible to do should i use a water/peroxcide mixture to mist the walls of my container or can i use just sterile water to mist the sides??
Normal, clean, potable water(or sterile water for that matter)

> .but how often should i mist ?
First, I?d use perlite or geolite at the bottom, this way you won?t have to mist at all, or perhaps once a day.

>would a florescent 12 inch fish tank light be better then lets say having a 80 watt
>bulb set far from the container
Yes.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: Anno]
    #1061669 - 11/18/02 02:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok thx for the info Anno but im tryna see if i could possibly do it with out perilite or anything in the bottom just to try it but i wanna see if that would be a good idea to even attempt in the first place or if anybody has tryed it and failed badly or has succeeded at it that way.
And the cooler question is that easier to use or better should i say then a rubbermaid bin ?? i also have just scrounged up and old fish tank air thingy that makes bubbles in the water will that be any good at not letting still standing water stagnate?? or dont put water in the bottom at all?? just some questions for the people out here to answer if they can or any other pointers they could give me on my little experiment would be helpful

Thx for the info from everybody that has replied

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1061765 - 11/18/02 04:26 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

>And the cooler question is that easier to use or better should i say then a
>rubbermaid bin ??
Same

> i also have just scrounged up and old fish tank air thingy that makes bubbles in
>the water will that be any good at not letting still standing water stagnate?? or
>dont put water in the bottom at all??
If, then put the water in a jar inside the tank.

> just some questions for the people out here to answer if they can or any other
>pointers they could give me on my little experiment would be helpful
Read http://www.fanaticus.com/D.C.T.htm .

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1061777 - 11/18/02 05:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok but will the jar of water help with humidity???

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1061784 - 11/18/02 05:29 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yes, and with air exchange.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1061789 - 11/18/02 05:38 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok thats sounds good but do you think i could use the little hole that you use to empty water from a cooler as the air exchange and also run the tube for the bubbler thru it at the same time??? and if so just put some poly fill in around it??

oh and anno if you see this my wife wants to know if that pic is really you cause she saw that girl on the mac commercial shes nosey lol

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
    #1061795 - 11/18/02 05:46 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No that isn`t Anno :smile:

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1061936 - 11/18/02 08:25 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

but im tryna see if i could possibly do it with out perilite or anything in the bottom just to try it but i wanna see if that would be a good idea to even attempt in the first place or if anybody has tryed it and failed badly or has succeeded at it that way.

On my first grow I tried to fruit cakes without using perlite. I sprayed the walls of my terrarium 4-6 times daily and still failed miserably. After 10 days there was 1 little pin and two blue shriveled up cakes. After adding perlite no problems.  :laugh: 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: dog]
    #1062157 - 11/18/02 10:05 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok people then off to the store i go to get some perilite for my cooler full-o-shrooms lol

O and im tryna pin them but ive tryed the pf tek and it didnt work so any help on that also??

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1062179 - 11/18/02 10:18 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

>my wife wants to know if that pic is really you

Read my profile:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=Anno

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1062267 - 11/18/02 11:00 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

opps sorry then Anno lol didnt mean for the mix-up there ..... but i gotta go get another fish bubbler now cause the one broke it was too old...

--------------------
[NubS]

Offlinedets
higher mind andeducation
    #1062392 - 11/18/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

do yourself a solid and just invest in an incubator with some kind of aquatic heater setup. that seems to be the preferred method among new cultivators.

--------------------
"patriotism is the virtue of the vicious"

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
    #1062407 - 11/18/02 11:50 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

anno- did you see amelie? it's so good.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1063783 - 11/18/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok i went out and got a big ass bag of perlite and a big as bag of vermiculite and a new air pump for humidity...wo hoooo

Anyways im testing the air pump now to see the humifit level even though i dont have a thermometer..But it seems to be working prettty good

I have a question on getting my cakes to pin . Can i speed up the process or do i have to just ty to shock them out or what ive read the pf tek but ill read it again to see if i missed tht part i know its there but must have smoked to much when i read it..

O and birthing and dunking are they the same or different and please if you cab tell me the difference ..and if i need to dunk my ckaes ?

--------------------
[NubS]

Offlinecheifdog24
enthusiast

#1063797 - 11/18/02 07:11 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Dunking isn't necessary, although it does seem to be beneficial. As far as speeding the pinning process up, all that I would recommend is providing your cakes with the proper conditions. Patients is the most important part of any tek.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: cheifdog24]
    #1063824 - 11/18/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thx for the advice Cheifdog but i still have more questions lol

As far as the air pump i sgoing its causeing a slight wetness on the sides of my container but not enough for cakes i dont think cause they need at least 85%

Will having perlite or vermiculite in the bottom with the pump be a problem or would it be etter for them considering the humidty rate??

And i know some peoples opinions on proper pinning conditions but could i get urs for comparison???

--------------------
[NubS]

Offlinecheifdog24
enthusiast

#1063862 - 11/18/02 07:24 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

When I do cakes, I just have wet perlite covering the bottom of a rubbermaid. That provides plenty humidity. I know that cakes prefer 95-100% for pinning and I think its 90 or92-95 for fruiting, but I'm not sure from personal experience because I don't have a hygrometer, an acurate one is way to expensive for my taste. To answer your question, the perlite with the air pump should do fine.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: cheifdog24]
    #1063884 - 11/18/02 07:29 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok cool man thx but im still not sure on the pinning thing thing quite yet

heres my colonized cakes but i need to know do i let them start to pin in the jars or birth them and put them into the bin or what??

--------------------
[NubS]

Offlinedets
higher mind andeducation
    #1064174 - 11/18/02 09:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

if you are fruiting them as cakes, make sure they are fullly colonized first. i always wait a day or 2 after i think they are just to make sure. just follow the tek for temp an humidity. you should be straight.

--------------------
"patriotism is the virtue of the vicious"

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: dets]
    #1064205 - 11/18/02 09:14 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok cool well wish me luck im gonna go ahead and birth one now and place it into the chamber of growth in a min*crosses fingers*

--------------------
[NubS]

Offlinecookdandbombd
SERENITY NOW!

Loc: Northern Ireland
    #1064283 - 11/18/02 09:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck man, get a couple of those babies cased :laugh:  :wink:

--------------------
--
Freak out baby, the bee is coming.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: cookdandbombd]
    #1064287 - 11/18/02 09:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Cased i dunno bout casings yet im just gonna stick with my cakes for now and im only birthing one due to lack of experience and dont want to ruin them all i only have a small supply like 3 cakes small and nothing to make more with at the moment

--------------------
[NubS]

Offlinebugabuga420
bUgAbUgaBOO

#1064338 - 11/18/02 10:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

heres a simple casing : crumble up a cake then top with a moist verm layer in a tray ez!

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: bugabuga420]
    #1064344 - 11/18/02 10:11 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

sounds easy enough but can i fruit a casing and a cake at the same time or do i have to wait for my casing to grow mor emycellium on it or what im in to cakes at the moment but willing to learn the casing methods

--------------------
[NubS]

Offlinecujo7999
Space Monkey

Loc: USA; Home of "The Man"
    #1065053 - 11/19/02 02:08 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

make sure to get prints, a few f1 prints and your set for life.

not sure about the"f" system's use here someone correct me i wana know

--------------------
*This is all Fiction by the Way*

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Questions from a virgin cultivator [Re: cujo7999]
    #1065056 - 11/19/02 02:10 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

F1 prints ?? im not sure on that perticular print

--------------------
[NubS]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds