Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Is it possible to leave the army after 4 years and be healthier than when you enlisted??
    #10611115 - 07/02/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

as far as i can tell we treat our soldiers like shit
for example i read this story about how this base in iraq
burned every single piece of garbage
not only is that bad as fuck for our enviorment and expensive
but the soldiers were complaining about lung problems
and the water is not clean at all
it has mercury and all this other heavy metals in it like our tap
and they sleep deprive u a lot i hear
that is certainly not healthy
i doubt anybody would b able to do math after coming out of the army
ur brain just gets re-wired and u lose ur book smarts
i hear they make u do push ups in tear gas so that u listen to orders without question
when my cousin came out of the marines it looked as though he came out of a concentration camp
he was so emaciated
im worried about the organ and brain damage people get from the intense training exercises
our veterans coming home from iraq are complaining tremendously about the patient care they have for wounded soldiers

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Is it possible to leave the army after 4 years and be healthier than when you enlisted?? [Re: Coaster]
    #10611132 - 07/02/09 05:35 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
ur brain just gets re-wired and u lose ur book smarts
im worried about the organ and brain damage people get from the intense training exercises

you shouldnt worry about it, the army isnt right for you

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to leave the army after 4 years and be healthier than when you enlisted?? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10611133 - 07/02/09 05:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I would never join I'm worried about my fellow citizens

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Is it possible to leave the army after 4 years and be healthier than when you enlisted?? [Re: Coaster]
    #10611142 - 07/02/09 05:37 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have a few relatives in the military, and they seem perfectly fine. :shrug:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to leave the army after 4 years and be healthier than when you enlisted?? [Re: Poid]
    #10611145 - 07/02/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

ya they seem like it but its all about the little things
like sleep deprivation dude
that is not good for your analytical skills later in life

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10611160 - 07/02/09 05:41 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

They're not always deprived of sleep, and they learn lots of skills which they can later apply in their lives. Ask Prisoner#1. :cool2:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #10611163 - 07/02/09 05:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

not everyone is a trust fund baby

poid- are those lorikeets?

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to leave the army after 4 years and be healthier than when you enlisted?? [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #10611175 - 07/02/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10611193 - 07/02/09 05:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
not everyone is a trust fund baby

poid- are those lorikeets?

Red-lored Amazon parrots. :freakybirdthing:

Quote:

Coaster said:

You're a trusty?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is it possible to leave the army after 4 years and be healthier than when you enlisted?? [Re: Poid]
    #10611200 - 07/02/09 05:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That's cool, last summer I did a job working with Rainbow Lories from New Zealand

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is it possible to leave the army after 4 years and be healthier than when you enlisted?? [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #10611208 - 07/02/09 05:50 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You work with birds for a living? How can I sign up for that kind of job!??!

PS- Your avatar is a sexy beast! :smirk:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#10611212 - 07/02/09 05:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

ya im trustworthy fo sheezy :teacher:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10611221 - 07/02/09 05:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You should totally burn it with your future students. And staff. :yesnod:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10611238 - 07/02/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

Only in the summers when im not in school. My family owns some land in the middle of nowhere and they have a big aviary with about 40 lories along with about 350 black south african ostrich

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #10611241 - 07/02/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ive known a lot of people who have done the 4 year thing and one thing is for sure.

For a short time, right after they get back they all seem to stand a bit taller, speak a bit louder and believe in themselves a bit more.

Then most of them seem to just fall apart under the pressure of not being told what to do all the time..

:shrug:

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineTheMushaman
Philosophical Wanderer
Male

Loc: Electric Ladyland
    #10611248 - 07/02/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
ya they seem like it but its all about the little things
like sleep deprivation dude
that is not good for your analytical skills later in life

Where are you getting that info man? Sleep deprivation won't cause brain damage or future problems. It will contribute to mental illness, but you won't have future analytical problems. I would know, this is what Im in college for.

--------------------
The messages and posts submitted by this user are purely hypothetical and intended for educational/entertainment purposes only. The above user does not advocate any illegal activities or substances. However, the user feels that proper education and awareness is needed in all aspects of life. This user is open to intelligent discourse and any variety of topics, but only for educational/research purposes and to expand the awareness of others. Freedom is a beautiful thing, but can only be obtained through elevated awareness. Simply put, free thy mind and thy ass shall surely follow.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is it possible to leave the army after 4 years and be healthier than when you enlisted?? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #10611258 - 07/02/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Quote:

Poid said:

Only in the summers when im not in school. My family owns some land in the middle of nowhere and they have a big aviary with about 40 lories along with about 350 black south african ostrich

Damn, I need to find me a job like that...

Quote:

GabbaDj said:
Then most of them seem to just fall apart under the pressure of not being told what to do all the time..

:shrug:

:rofl:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10611349 - 07/02/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Indeed. There is a lot of money in the Ostrich industry

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10611515 - 07/02/09 06:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ostrich eggs go for hundreds, so I hear.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10611537 - 07/02/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

we sell them for 15$

the money is in ostrich leather and meat

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Polypropylene Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale