Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: Asante]
    #1045653 - 11/12/02 06:51 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It's strange how people can change to the point of becoming other people, or even discarding old values they used to hold dear.
I sometimes feel like I wasted a year hanging out with an asshole down the street who parlyzed my cat and lied about it, and was involved with theft of me stuff and much wasted cash... Someone I introducted to acid, mushrooms, and basically taught to think beyond the moronic level he was on.

While being an all around asshole, being involved in the theft of a half oz of good nugs of mine, and parlyzing my cat, I still met many many great people directly/indirectly through him I would have otherwise never known.
Thus I can't condemn myself too much for pissing away a year or so smoking/venturing with this screwball...
I even saved his ass from getting in legal troubles when another friend of mine took the fall.

Unforuntely, WS, the part you mention about friendships and trust being gained and lost is true...

Even extremely close friends can be seperated by a divergence in belief, or over greed or money/drugs....

You see who your true friends are sometimes when the shit hits the fan or you are in dire need. Someone mentioned this above as well...

It would be nice to know in advance if someone was going to betray you in such a way...

I have lost $1000 already to assholes/bitches in my life who I have misplaced trust in, and try to make wiser decisions now. In a new city for college and am trying to pick out the genuine folks early on..

TO all our former friends: Your Loss.

To all our future friends to be made: Be true, or fuck you.

--------------------
,'~Þ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineD_Tox
Boddhisattva

Loc: Lab 23
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: pharmacopeia]
    #1046153 - 11/12/02 11:53 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, I know this post is like a year old, at least the part I'm replying to...

first off, Mormon religion doesn't say you can steal money from people and be absolved of it by joining their cult. That dude owes you every cent to this day.

but specifically to
In reply to:

Tell your friend that God is santa clause for adults...only the beings on this planet that "need" god believe in him, strange isn't it?

Just think of the contradictions, Thou shalt not kill but an eye for an eye. Pffft.

It's funny when a christian sees a homeless person on the street talking to nobody and they call that homeless person crazy.
pharmacopeia

uh dude, "Thou shalt not kill" is from the Ten Commandments in the Bible. "An eye for an eye" is from Hammurabai's Code and has absolutely nothing to do with the Bible. I love when people come up with proof like this for things they obviously have no knowledge of.

--------------------
-----------------------
D_Tox

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened

Offlineshroom_kingpin
Stranger
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: D_Tox]
    #1050644 - 11/13/02 09:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

no man, the king james version bible talks of an eye for an eye. i don't know the exact verse,(nor do i care) but i've heard many christians talk of it. i talk to other christians based on how they talk to me.

OfflineYouInfoIt
see you in hell

Loc: bc, canada
    #1051985 - 11/14/02 09:11 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

your a good writer bro!!

OfflineXplosion84
Children OfBodom
    #1060616 - 11/17/02 06:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Wiccan_Seeker : fag or no fag please write in stoner terms lol :-p

--------------------
Blend and balance pain and comfort deep within you till you will not have me any other wa

http://www.MycoSupply.com for all your mushie needs

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: shroom_kingpin]
    #1060904 - 11/17/02 08:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yes it does, but where do you think the writers of the bible got the idea from? Hammurabai's Code came first i do believe....but i could be wrong, it happens (not often--but it happens)
:grin:

peace 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineShpongleIsGod
Seeker

Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: NextGenHippie]
    #1064454 - 11/18/02 10:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Geez pharm your a jerk. Its people like you that make our world bad an unpleasant place. Have psychedelics taught you nothing? And by the way great post Witter im sorry you had this experience.

--------------------
And we can take this huge universe and put it inside a very tiny head; you fold it. -Shpongle

Offlineshrump2000
Stranger
    #1064838 - 11/19/02 01:00 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Nice story! You are a hell of a writer man!! I wish there were more people like you around! Specially in my area! Would be a nice change, from all the bi-polar thugs around here!

Orginized Religeons=shit!

I was a Jehovah's Witness from my inception to my late teens! It was hard man! I don't miss it! I never felt like I fitted in with it, and I still dont feel like I do! What sucks though is that it has left me with scars!! It does drive my subcouncious sometimes. My parents are so caught up in the shit its not even funny! My mom is constantly reminding me of how Im not going to be with her in the NEW SYSTEM OF THINGS. It's truly sad how brainwashed I am by it to. I cant go a day without thinking about how I am going to die when armageddon comes!

Slowly I am breaking away from it though, but it is so hard. They really get into your subcouncious.

Peace!

OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
Loc: Canada
    #1065989 - 11/19/02 10:53 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Most modern organized religions end up being corrupted into one purpose -- gaining power over people.

Catholicism used to be the ruling body in England... not the King.

The roots of these religions are good in nature, but the true message often gets lost in transit -- corrupted.

Eastern philosophies like Buddhism are much more pure, and less about control. If you seek spirituality, I suggest you check out Buddhism, Yoga and Reiki.

Wicca isn't too bad as a personal religion, but I'd beware of joining a coven or any other sort of group without being sure that they didn't have any alterior motives.

As for most Christian based religions touted by people in uniform with name tags toting bilbles, I'd be very wary.

They border on cultism. Next thing you know, you'll be going door to door handing out pamphlets and talking about saving people.

Why do these religions suck so many people in? It is because they, like the devil they talk about, use half-truths to trap you.

It is ingrained that everyone believes in a certain "law of karma", whereby the good they do will be rewarded in some cosmic way, and likewise the bad they do will come back against them. Basically what you do (good or bad) will have an effect on the universe, and eventually come back to you somehow.

Everyone also believes in a "higher power"... or at least that there is some sort of spiritual force out there. They may not admit it, but they do.

So, those organized religions prey upon those two factors. They say, "Hey, we know you've done some bad things. God knows too. If you join us, repent your sins, ask God for forgiveness and give yourself to Him, then all your sins will be forgiven, and you will be reborn as a true child of God".

To the very sinful, this is great news. Chances are the strictest enforcers of religion were once (or still are) great sinners.

To be told that you can blame all your sinning habits on "the devil" and "the tools of the devil" (drugs, loose women, homosexuals, etc, etc), and can be forgiven of all your sins by renouncing the devil and giving yourself up to God, this is very appealing to those who believe themselves damned, or a "lost cause".

It certainly is easy to blame your shortcomings on something else -- "the devil" or drugs -- and this is even reflected in modern court cases where people get reduced sentences for blaming drugs or alcohol for allowing them to commit rape, murder or theft.

Well, it's all an excuse. You didn't kill that person because the "devil" made you, or the drink, or the drug. It may be the easy way out, but the path to heaven is not an easy one, as is clearly pointed out in the bible.

The stairway to heaven isn't ascended by making the easy choices, and by blaming your problems on others.

You have to take responsibility for your own actions, good or bad.

As for your friend who has fallen prey to LDS... it seems he has fallen off of the true path. If you're a true friend, you'll find a way to snap him out of it... but it's not going to be easy, and can't be done by force.

Chances are that when he was off tripping by himself, he discovered some things about himself that he didn't like, and that he was ashamed of. Maybe he blamed them on the drugs. Maybe Mormans came knocking on his door while tripping, and they took this as the perfect opportunity to get into his head.

Edited by Tempanensis (11/19/02 11:28 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: Tempanensis]
    #1069257 - 11/20/02 09:35 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Organised religions generally ARE deathtraps, I must agree. In the ideal world people who choose to be religious (like me) look directly at God(s) and don't let themselves be diverted by "church officials" on power trips. Being religious is about YOU & the DIVINE and nothing should come between that.
No Pope, no Priest, no Mullah, no Coven, no Holybook, no nothing.
Being religious is all about becoming FREE, not ENSLAVED by Dogma or the will of others.

Nice this thread keeps on poping up. Thanx guys :grin: 

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
    #1074523 - 11/21/02 04:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

If i were you, in response to all of those letters your buddy sent you using the bible to bash gays, i'd send him a copy of Jesus Conspiracy: The Turin Shroud and the Truth about Ressurection. It's all about how Christianity is basically based on BS. Another good one is The Mystery of Manna: The Psychedelic Sacrament of the Bible it shows how in the old testament book of exodus, moses and his followers shroomed regularly. They talked about how they saw god when they tripped, and the ark of the covenant was actually filled with wafers made of honey and shrooms. Although, if your friend is too high on LDS, he probably won't even read them. I have met several mormons, and it pisses them off incredibly when i can give tons of evidence in both the bible and history that proves their religion to be wrong. Somehow, it never makes a difference, but i think its fun to make such close minded people angry, and even more fun to laugh in their face when they tell me i'm going to hell.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: flow]
    #1076337 - 11/22/02 09:00 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I have a great trip friend who we have been through some mad times together talking on deep levels of the creation of the universe. When I first met him he was into the bible and book of revelations but over time as we have done more and more psychedelics he has now turned to budism and beleives there is no god, no devil which is cool. I understand the type of closeness you mean but it is more like a brother or something like that. The only thing you could do is give it time or try to get to his level and try and reprogram him. You could talk about the times you used to trip and describe thing in a way to stimulate his memory. You shouldnt give up on him we all meet our friends through KARMA and probably new them in our past lives just try to help him if you can.

As for the acid are your sure he didnt do to much to soon as in a tripping state thought it would be a good idead to take the lot. Cos when i have had an amount of acid it is very tempting to start munching on it forgetting safty.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: EvilGir]
    #1076935 - 11/22/02 01:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I had a mormon friend that is no longer is mormon. I think I had something to do with this, but he is kinda lazy and I couldn't see him spending 2 years of his life converting people.I basically told him his religon is a cult and we also talked alot about beliefs and stuff. I even went to church with him once and had to wear the white shirt, tie and black phants (bleh). After that I said that mormons are tools.

He also said he'd never drink or do drugs, now he drinks and last I heard, he wants to smoke salvia.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (11/22/02 01:03 PM)

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: Murex]
    #1077149 - 11/22/02 02:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

After that I said that mormons are tools.

i was under the impression you liked Tool Murex :wink: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: EvilGir]
    #1078911 - 11/23/02 06:16 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

What if everything turning to shite WAS Karma?

I don't want to convert people, and really I believe him shrooming again would be a very bad idea. He's changed, something valuable was lost & not regained as far as I know of. I mean: From a wide-open view to stubborn narrow-mindedness, from flexibility to rigidity... I'm afraid the shroom would tear him to shreds should he try them again at the Hidoses (LVL 5) we used to do back then.
I believe things will be allright eventually.
May not be in this life, tho.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom