Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: more new taxes/screw the people [Re: zouden]
    #10608499 - 07/02/09 07:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

I seldom troll, but often state obnoxious viewpoints in an attempt to get people to think about where the extremes might lead.  Unfortunately, in this case, I am simply parroting the mass of disillusioned Obama supporters. 

yeah, I wasn't being serious regarding the "trolling" just that a few months ago I would have thought you to be exagerating for effect.  No longer the case, with the folks posting now.  Disillusioned is the right word.  They're not happy, and the dissonance between what they thought they were voting for (the hype or the words, even when contrary to his entire record) and what is coming about- especially the similarity to the prior adminstration that they thought they were repudiating in their support of Obama.  The stuff they say to reconcile this dissonance is pretty out there:  "bush paved the way, so you can't blame obama..."  Wow.  So long as someone else in history did something bad, it is no longer bad, or as bad.  Since bush did hardly anything new, where does that leave him?  Not as bad as these folks were saying a few months ago?

Quote:

zouden said:
And Obama is held on a pretty high pedestal so he's got a long way to fall. It'll be interesting to watch.

That said, this isn't going to be it. Obama was not elected on a platform of 'no new taxes'. Failing to hold that promise isn't as significant as failing to hold the promise of ending the war in Iraq, for example.

And is he?  Has he done anything different?  I've not been following it lately, but last I heard he was sticking to the Bush administration's timeline, to the day.  Has this changed?

Certainly seems like they could have reelected bush and gotten the same exact thing.

Anyways, I agree with you that this isn't a huge problem for most of his supporters.  Its too indirect, and I doubt they care.  The provisions are ridiculous, I just don't see it being a large problem.  I don't, on the other hand, get the reason why whenever we have punitive provisions on some activity to affect a certain result, the government gets the money.  What sense does that make?  If the taxes are to help the environment, shouldn't they go to the environment?  Kinda like stolen property being seized from an innocent purchaser and being auctioned by the police, never made sense to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: more new taxes/screw the people [Re: johnm214]
    #10608556 - 07/02/09 08:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

> Kinda like stolen property being seized from an innocent purchaser and being auctioned by the police, never made sense to me.

It doesn't make sense until you look to see who profits.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: more new taxes/screw the people [Re: johnm214]
    #10608570 - 07/02/09 08:21 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:

And is he?  Has he done anything different?  I've not been following it lately, but last I heard he was sticking to the Bush administration's timeline, to the day.  Has this changed?

Certainly seems like they could have reelected bush and gotten the same exact thing.

:yesnod:

and what is going on with Afghanistan? besides more troops being sent over there...

DOES AFGHANISTAN HAVE A TIME LINE?  EXIT PLAN?

is that a troll question? :grin:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale