Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
    #1059949 - 11/17/02 01:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

hi ppl,
I've just spent half a hour writeing a message and lost it......so I'm gonna give you the abriged virsion.
I'm new to mushrooms growing and have bought a cake off the net..it's growning well and no real problems. Anyway I've been reading about and have found out about this agar growing technique......the thing is I can get my hands on some fairly easy.........anyway to the questions.
1. would i be able to use a media consisting off yeast extract, triptone, salt and agar to grow mushrooms???? if not what would be the best combo????
2.would I be abel to exstract some mycelium from the cake and transfer it to a petri dish and how big should the petri dish be??...how much agar media should each contain??
3. I know this is a long shot but could someone advise on a good antibiotic to use to cut down on contamination......I know the peroxide methord and might go with that but if anyone else has a good idea I'm all ears...lol
4. I've read through alot off the FAQ's and it seems to me all the advice stops once the spores or whatever have been added to the agar media....what do you do after that???....do the mushrooms just grow in the agar petri dishes???....it seems to me like all that is being said is to grow the mycelium.....what about when the shrooms start to grow???....wont this leave the agar open to contamanation?

sorry to ramble on like this i know it must be dull and I'm sorry if I've missed sommit totally obviouse to everyone and I'm coming accross thicker than a Spanish waiter but I'm new to this so thanks for al your help!!!!!!!
Mabe I should stick to growing weed.....lol
Later ppl
PS.. I know the spellings shit.....lol!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1059962 - 11/17/02 02:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

you should use the search. i have a post about an agar media using dogfood and agar, but there was revisions to it so just do a search and you should find some usefull info.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation