Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: Swami]
    #1058058 - 11/16/02 12:09 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

OH

i see. maybe you got erroneous directions?

heh

--------------------
my signature is too long

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1058124 - 11/16/02 01:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think that is how it is usually meant. Here's what Be Here Now has to say:

IT'S AS IF THE GURU IS AN AIRPLANE HOVERING
OVER A LANDING FIELD AND THERE'S JUST TOO MUCH GROUND TRAFFIC FOR THE PLANE TO LAND. CARS ALL OVER THE RUNWAY. LOOKING FOR A GURU. HE JUST CIRCLES AND CIRCLES, DOING A HOLDING PATTERN, WAITING FOR YOU TO CLEAR YOUR RUNWAY SO HE CAN LAND. HE'S SITTING UP THERE (IN HERE) ALL THE TIME.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: Jenny]
    #1058150 - 11/16/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

here's the thing i don't get:

"i spend most of my time in the nature and have never payed a bill in my life. I travel all over the world and visit as many places as possible and been doing so over the past 15 years"

where does this guy get the funds to travel the world and not pay any bills? does he even live in a house with electricity, running water, and heat or does he mooch off people all over the world?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1058159 - 11/16/02 01:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Jenny it looks like you've come across a truely enlightened individual.

REMEMBER the things you've posted here. REMEMBER the magic; in modern society its really easy to let these types of revelations and "mystical experiences" melt into the unconscious all too quickly - in fact here in the US its actually encouraged!

So hold on to that magic and start your new direction with pride and confidence.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
I don't know many 18-year-old girls who actually listen to words coming out of somebody's mouth unrelated to pop-culture or fashion - kinda proud of you :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: Strumpling]
    #1058298 - 11/16/02 02:46 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

How could an unelightened individual recognize an enlightened individual? Perceptual errors are indicative of an unenlightened mind.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1058325 - 11/16/02 03:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Great post! I'm glad for you Jenny.

I hope you find the willpower to get yourself out of that place you're in. I had that problem once and it affected me in a very bad way. I had to move back home and medatate for an entire day to overcome the majority of that ugly feeling.

If you need someone else to talk to, I'll be here most of the time, so you can message me or something if you'd like.

Thank you for you sharing this story with us. It made me smile. :smile:

And Swami; shut the hell up.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (11/16/02 03:07 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1058329 - 11/16/02 03:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My view:

1. "looks like" she encountered an enlightened individual.

2. she said it was the most enlightening experience of her life..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1058579 - 11/16/02 05:24 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

May I recommend a book?....The Way of The Wizard by Deepak Chopra.

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #1058702 - 11/16/02 06:29 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

and remember the key thing of this encounter (similar to what soundmind said)... everything you experience in your life is called to you by YOURSELF... there is no such thing as a coincidence so you should also be blessing yourself for beeing ready to interact with a master like this, and attracting him into your life...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (11/16/02 06:36 PM)

Anonymous

Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: jahfeelirie]
    #1059397 - 11/17/02 01:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you for the respect you show my people.

I consider you a 'friend of the tribe' for your attitude.

As far as books on the subject are concerned I do not own many.  My experiences have taught me and I learned them from my brothers.  I do own one that I would recommend.  It's called shaman  The Wounded Healer by Joan Halifax.

Do not disparage your blood.  Their is a connection between our peoples in a mystical sense.  This is why Romans are prone to Catholicism.  They sense the necessity of ritual.  But you are right, CC was a jerk, in his own way.  Besides, the Scandinavian peoples were here first. :wink:

Intuitively I sense that you are ready for something.  I will pm you with instructions.  I rarely do this for anyone let alone a waschiu.

Cheers, 

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: ]
    #1059576 - 11/17/02 03:28 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you all for your advice and book recommendations!
You are all very passionate and it really shows (most, anyhow). I really appreciate it. :smile:

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: ]
    #1059797 - 11/17/02 09:20 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Mr. Mushroom,

Do not mistake my resent for CC as a disrespect for my own beginnings... I dont denounce my catholic upbringing, as it did instill many good values and morals in my life... though i do not consider myself a catholic (although the church registry probably does, as do my parents (they are not ready for the truth)).  I came away with many good bits of knowledge of christ-consciousness through my experiences in the church, but it wasnt enough to compete with the shear truth that i was confronted with when i entered my own realm in college, through independence from my home life.

Its not until you get somewhere where people arent given a cirriculum to teach that you learn the truth.  Most of my social studies teachers have been extremely open about the flaws of the western man... and though i live in an area notorious for ignorance (GA) and those professors have been ridiculed and literally heckled by the class, they continued to tell the truth... namely my american history class.  I learned so much that it made me want to vomit... these are things that my middle/highschool teachers wouldnt dare touch, much less my parents.  Now they get and earful everytime i see them... i will go off on a tangent about some american policy or some 'white-mans burden' based rant... and boy do they scurry to change that subject!  they shut themselves off from the truth.

so , at this point in my life i want to learn all that is possible about those who came before me and those who are still around.  I want to see every angle of spirituality and truth, because i have a steadfast belief that we are all, in essence, doing the same thing ( if done with true intent)... honoring God... or whatever you would like to name him.

thank you for the book reccomendation, i will look for it in my library on campus.  Any other bits of knowledge you feel fit to pass to me will be greatly appreciated and revered. 

:smile:
jfi 

--------------------
my signature is too long

Anonymous

Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: jahfeelirie]
    #1059803 - 11/17/02 09:24 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"Its not until you get somewhere where people arent given a cirriculum to teach that you learn the truth."

Remember what I said.

Cheers,

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1059852 - 11/17/02 10:06 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I have a burning question regarding what you said this wiseman told you, yet everyone here is choosing to ignore it:

"i spend most of my time in the nature and have never payed a bill in my life. I travel all over the world and visit as many places as possible and been doing so over the past 15 years"

Since this man speaks "the truth", i assume he is not exaggerating when he told you this. soooo....where does this guy get the funds to travel the world and not pay any bills? does he even live in a house with electricity, running water, and heat or does he mooch off people all over the world? does he have a job? is he a man that lives off the land and cook his meat over a fire? I'm not trying to diss him up or you with my persisting questions, this is just a big anomaly that's being glazed over as everyone saying "wow, you are so lucky.... i wish i could meet a person like that...." blah blah blah.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: chodamunky]
    #1059862 - 11/17/02 10:14 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

There's a huge difference between "mooching" and living the only way you know how to live.
Maybe this man can "afford" his travels because of the love he brings into people's lives.
Most people would be glad to share a meal and their couch with someone who has an effect on them such as the man in question does.

Edited by dee_N_ae (11/17/02 10:14 AM)

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: chodamunky]
    #1060634 - 11/17/02 06:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know, i don't know his profession or where his money comes from. i haven't seen him since.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1060748 - 11/17/02 07:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

Someone that has the ability to restore faith to even the most insecure, shy person (not me, but he couldve, no doubt) and give light to all that are lost and even those wanting answers, or reasons to the baffling problems most humans face, is someone that is literally, out of this world. He was more than a wise man, he was as some sort of diety or such.

Why do you think people join cults? Because they are insecure, shy, lost and all the rest, and then they meet a charismatic guy who's smart, well-spoken, and seems to have all the answers. People stand around listening to him thinking that he's a wise man or even a deity. Six months later they all live in a communal situation doing opium and all the women are pregnant with the holy man's babies. There's a guy who's done this a few times in a nearby area.

There are tons of people where I live who follow his lifestyle. They generally sit on the street and play drums or tell stories for money, and migrate from the coast to the interior by hitching. It really doesn't take a lot of money when all you buy is food, and you'd be amazed at what a little dumpster diving can procure. Give it a try sometime it's pretty educational.

Anyway, don't be offended I'm just pointing out some things that may or may not apply to your situation, you'd know better than I do but it doesn't hurt to try applying this paranoid thinking a bit.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: Dogomush]
    #1060901 - 11/17/02 08:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

He's a diety because he has other people do stuff for him and he gets a lot o pussy. He has no job and he does drugs all the time. What a life.

(j/k)

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: Dogomush]
    #1061226 - 11/17/02 11:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

she mentioned he doesn't seem to get close to people really and keeps moving....

a travelling one-man cult?

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
.. hmm..

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: the most enlightening experience of my life [Re: Strumpling]
    #1062939 - 11/18/02 02:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hey I didn't say he was a one-man cult or a wanna-be cult leader, just commenting on the part where jenny says that he's enlightened or whatever because he can make an insecure person feel better about himself.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order