Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Apathetic Trippers
    #10594993 - 06/29/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I started taking psychedelics well after a few of my not so close but still friends started taking them and under the influence of LSD I had a profound Leary-esque, enlightened, ego-shattering, pseudo-religious, philosophical revolutionizing perspective which opened up millions of new questions and profoundly changed my life forever...

Well, since I bought the acid from one of these people I was eager to tell them what I assumed they already knew and further discuss it with them. However, upon going into detail and clearly explaining what happened to me they all just kind of looked at me like I was crazy...

It turns out--though later discussion--that they take and enjoy psychedelics for a much different reason. As one friend put it "I take acid to see crazy shit."

Was I just expecting too much from people who really aren't that intelligence? I mean, I don't care if your a one-dimensional person with little introspective thought or philosophical background--acid should revolutionize everything you see as far as I'm concerned.

I don't understand this group of people--take drugs all the time and see nothing but hedonistic value? Does anyone else have to deal with people like this...They really aren't apathetic--braindead is more appropriate.

It's like the Doors of Perception only exist for some people...Would anyone else agree?

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: JackofSpades]
    #10595009 - 06/29/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

A lot of people don't take the psychedelic experience seriously.  They don't think that the experience is "valid."  I personally think stupid people aren't interested in psychedelics, because the more intelligent one is, the more challenging the psychedelic experience is.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineChildoftheKoRn
No one is stopping you but you
Male

#10595011 - 06/29/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yes sir.. I hate people who take psychedelics to get "fucked up"

They deserve more respect

--------------------
"With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse if there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself"

"Where is my mind?"

-------------------------

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #10595037 - 06/29/09 10:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yeah one of my friends who trips to get fucked up went on a drunken rant about how acid is an egotistical drug which makes you think you're a freethinker when you're not...

This pisses me off because like it or not acid breaks down conditioned mindsets and allows consciousness expansion...I don't understand how someone can experience something that profound and be so ignorant of it...

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10595063 - 06/29/09 10:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:
I don't understand how someone can experience something that profound and be so ignorant of it...

Because your friend is dumb dude.  The psychedelics address you as an individual, but allow you think away separate from the individual... if that makes sense.  Know what i mean?

--------------------

OfflineMchaggis
cawbstawmper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Bama Ghost Country Flag
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: ChildoftheKoRn]
    #10595086 - 06/29/09 10:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

to me, there are
1. hedonistic/pleasure drugs
2. empiricist/intelligence drugs
3. drugs that contain elements of both
4. Drugs that are neither insightful/empiricist or pleasurable

Opiates, benzo's, and alcohol would be a good example of #1
DMT, Salvia, and many RC's would be examples of #2
LSD, mushrooms and weed would contain elements of both
and things like toluene/tetraflouroethane, dimenhydrinate/diphenhydramine and datura would be #4

and to not take everything you can from a drug would be, in my eyes, a waste. Not ENJOYING your LSD is just as bad as doing NOTHING BUT enjoying it, you feel me?

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

#10595090 - 06/29/09 10:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Quote:

JackofSpades said:
I don't understand how someone can experience something that profound and be so ignorant of it...

Because your friend is dumb dude.  The psychedelics address you as an individual, but allow you think away separate from the individual... if that makes sense.  Know what i mean?

I entirely understand. My friend is also a racist frat boy so his ignorance wasn't really a surprise..kind of expected at this point...

However, the whole "think separate from the individual/ego you typically are" should make a large impact even on a stupid person..

I just wish that people I knew thought more and saw more value in the psychedelic experience like I did...This has also kind of made me feel isolated from a lot of other people...I always want to go on rants about breaking down conditioned modes of thought and uncovering one's true self but there is no one else who thinks like that around me...Maybe I should join a family or something :mushroom2::grin:

--------------------

Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

#10595101 - 06/29/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
A lot of people don't take the psychedelic experience seriously.  They don't think that the experience is "valid."  I personally think stupid people aren't interested in psychedelics, because the more intelligent one is, the more challenging the psychedelic experience is.

one cannot be interested in a challenge?

--------------------

OfflineChildoftheKoRn
No one is stopping you but you
Male

#10595110 - 06/29/09 10:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You are a member of the Shroomery family bro! Unload your thoughts on us its what we are here for

--------------------
"With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse if there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself"

"Where is my mind?"

-------------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: joe Biggs]
    #10595156 - 06/29/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

joe Biggs said:
Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

They can, but most people who are not interested in a challenge aren't as intelligent as the ones who are.  Look at educational institutions.  Who is taking challenging courses and look who is just taking what ever they can to get by.  Do you not see a correlation?

--------------------

Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

#10595186 - 06/29/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Quote:

joe Biggs said:
Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

They can, but most people who are not interested in a challenge aren't as intelligent as the ones who are.  Look at educational institutions.  Who is taking challenging courses and look who is just taking what ever they can to get by.  Do you not see a correlation?

the insight of understanding my mind, juxtaposed against the cosmos is a greater yield than knowing that negative B plus or minus the square root of B square minus 4AC all over 2A is how to find X in the equation AX squared + BX + C = O.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: joe Biggs]
    #10595219 - 06/29/09 11:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yes and i agree.  What i am saying is that intelligent people try to understand the psychedelic experience, and integrate the insight and understanding back with them when they come down.  Stupid people come down and don't attempt this at all, they just had a fun time seeing shit.  Its because they don't take the experience as being real.  They think that since they took this drug what they were experiencing wasn't valid or has no potential for anything useful.  When in fact all mental experience is drug induced, whether the drug is indigenously produced or exogenously consumed.

--------------------

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

#10595263 - 06/29/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Yes and i agree.  What i am saying is that intelligent people try to understand the psychedelic experience, and integrate the insight and understanding back with them when they come down.  Stupid people come down and don't attempt this at all, they just had a fun time seeing shit.  Its because they don't take the experience as being real.  They think that since they took this drug what they were experiencing wasn't valid or has no potential for anything useful.  When in fact all mental experience is drug induced, whether the drug is indigenously produced or exogenously consumed.

I agree with most of what youve said Cognitive_Shift.

I dont know if Id say that some people dont value the psychedelic experience because theyre dumb, though.

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: TTT]
    #10595275 - 06/29/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You take drugs way too seriously.  Who cares if they take acid to see colors, as long as their responsible then its fine with me.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10595303 - 06/29/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Dumb is a bad word to use.  Because of its negatively associated syntax.  Less-intelligent people is better... i guess.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: suburbanned]
    #10595326 - 06/29/09 11:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not saying responsible people who take psychedelics to "see shit" are not worthy of them, but for some people the experience is the most profound experience they have their entire lives.  I think its entirely reasonable for people to take the experience seriously.

--------------------

InvisibleMelusina
Male
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: Mchaggis]
    #10595397 - 06/29/09 11:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mchaggis said:
to me, there are

and things like toluene/tetraflouroethane, dimenhydrinate/diphenhydramine and datura would be #4

and to not take everything you can from a drug would be, in my eyes, a waste. Not ENJOYING your LSD is just as bad as doing NOTHING BUT enjoying it, you feel me?

I'd stick a few RC's in numbers 3 and 4, myself. Especially 4. *shudder*

I don't particularly mind what people do with their drugs, as long as they don't hurt anyone. What bugs me, though, is when people think you are nuts for having a profound experience. GOD FORBID someone should have a profound experience! Man, that is just not "cool!"

They don't understand how I could lose control that way; I can't understand how they haven't killed themselves trying to hang on. And I have a sneaking suspicion that a few have had their own little closet spiritual awakenings, which they would never EVER admit to :wink:

EDIT-You, know, though, if we didn't enjoy it, we wouldn't keep doing it. With all our talk of respect and awakening-we get pleasure from it. Maybe it's just the difference in people-those who enjoy deep experiences and those who don't. I'm the type who finds ego death pleasurable...Or, I should say, I find pleasure in ego death. I even find pleasure buried under "bad" trips. I suppose if I didn't, I'd stop tripping or dose less.

And then I'd be a 2g kinda girl...one of "those" people who trips for the visuals. If I didn't like a mind fuck-I'd be looking to dodge the mind fuck.

Edited by Melusina (06/29/09 11:59 PM)

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: Melusina]
    #10595464 - 06/30/09 12:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have only tripped a handful of times, but I personally have yet to decide whether there is much validity/usefulness in the train of thought brought on by psychedelics.  I am by no means dumb, or less-intelligent - I go to a great university, and hack my way to a 75 average.  I have people telling me all the time they cannot believe I don't apply myself, because I should have a 90+ average.

I have had some interesting revelations through the use of psychedelics, especially LSD.  However, after giving them further thought, I have a hard time putting the information presented to good use.  Most of the insight I have gained has been a true understanding of perspective - it is everything.

Our lives mean nothing in the grand scheme of the universe, but they can mean everything if we change the reference that we are using to base our arguments.  I don't, however, see how that is useful information to every day life.  If one spent all of one's time contemplating these thoughts, one would accomplish absolutely nothing.

I could go on, but this thread is not about my view on psychedelics, it is about how people can take psychedelics for a myriad of reasons, and not all of them will line up with everyone else's views on the matter.

I'm not saying that psychedelics are definitely not useful, but I personally have not had an experience that I believe provided me with much information that can be incorporated into day to day life.  Note that I say not much, not none; I see the potential, but not everyone has a profound, life changing experience every time they drop a couple hits.

InvisibleUnbearable_B
Strangerer

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #10595568 - 06/30/09 12:33 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It's all about seeing things from new perspectives.  This is what LSD has enhanced my ability to do.  Not to mention it has made my weed experiences soo much more profound

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10595700 - 06/30/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Dumb is a bad word to use.  Because of its negatively associated syntax.  Less-intelligent people is better... i guess.

Eh. Not really better or more appropriate in terms of being exact or open minded.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Offlinetittysnacks74
Stranger

#10595710 - 06/30/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have a hunch you live in America, (I do too). The staggering levels of stupidity surrounding our country's method of prohibition and youth conditioning has created more than a handful of uneducated dolts who have become so jaded by the profound shittitude of our culture that the entirety of their rebellion extends to getting "fucked up" for no reason.

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

#10596114 - 06/30/09 03:18 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:
Does anyone else have to deal with people like this...

Uhm... like every fuckin day? my friends are like that.

They take it to be high, mostly. I thought about what you said too about them, and I couldn't really explain.

They're just not interested in such things as philosophy, inconscious etc. as I am I guess.

Respect for the thing = 0.

Quote:

I have a hunch you live in America, (I do too). The staggering levels of stupidity surrounding our country's method of prohibition and youth conditioning has created more than a handful of uneducated dolts who have become so jaded by the profound shittitude of our culture that the entirety of their rebellion extends to getting "fucked up" for no reason.

Trust me, it's not only in "stupidAmerica". Everywhere is like that.

Rather you have a hippy culture on your back, it might help. In other countries LSD is just the same fuckin thing as cocaine or exctasy or whatever rave kids take, for the common people.

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Edited by Hiei (06/30/09 03:22 AM)

OfflineLicHmicrO
Simply Scrumptious
Male

Loc: Ky, USA
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: Hiei]
    #10596143 - 06/30/09 03:34 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This is the exact reason i <3 the shroomery!

I'm the only person I know (in RL) that take trips seriously like this

fuck real friends, I got my F5 button

OfflineMr_Insidious
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: showme]
    #10596238 - 06/30/09 04:38 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've only smoked cannabis (and a few other drugs but no classical, strong psychs like LSD or shrooms)

And even with just smoking weed.. it's really opened my mind up. I walk around in the city after my course today and just realized how busy and stressed out everyone is.. this life is moving way to fast for me.

My older brother takes and has taken a lot of drugs to really just "get fucked up".. but when I talk with him he has a real serious tone, doesn't look at me like I'm crazy...
and I really think he has taken his psychedelic experiences seriously.

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
    #10596275 - 06/30/09 05:08 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Something just feels wrong about the elitist vibe I'm getting in this thread.  Some people are simply inarticulate, or transcend the need to convey their experiences verbally or otherwise. 

Perhaps they integrate their experience in the way they live their lives.  Instead of sitting around a room talking about how this and that should happen (which I certainly don't have a problem with,) maybe some people are just going out there and doing it!  They may  just realize how much there is yet to understand and are refining their theories silently, pending further research. 

Psychedelics of all kinds hook up with the human brain in such powerful ways.  Maybe it feels more natural for some people and they therefore have a casual attitude that is percieved as cavalier, but is in reality just in harmony with the experience. 

It is easy (even for very smart people, like yourselves) to be mistaken when making assumptions about other people's intelligence, experiences, and motivations.

Edited by monkeyheaven (06/30/09 05:15 AM)

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #10596285 - 06/30/09 05:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

They may be totally unconscious of whay they learned, thus not having respect for the substance? :justdontknow:

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Edited by Hiei (06/30/09 05:19 AM)

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

#10596332 - 06/30/09 05:51 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe.  It's just hard to tell, and after years of dealing with all sorts of folks from all walks of life, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. 

Also, if someone apparently doesn't 'respect' the substance, that doesn't mean that they won't come to in the future, or aren't doing so privately.

Either way, isn't the world a better place?  Certainly there's a concensus that psychedelics have a mostly positive, sometimes neutral (as is being derided in this thread) and rarely negative affect on societies.

It's clear that you're trying to clarify my point of view, and not trying to be disagreeable, so I am reluctant to say that I think this 'respecting the substance' concept either needs to be properly defined, completely abandoned, or something in between (replaced with a better phrase.)

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

#10596394 - 06/30/09 06:37 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

well if someone was conscious of how awesome and powerful these substances are, they would either love it, or at least admit they're much more than some other substances which really only get you high like alcohol = less conscious of reality.

Thus they'd use them in a safer and more 'respectful' way.

Here is a quote of this guy talking in the "Other Worlds" documentary on ayahuasca:

"It's sure that when you start using cannabis, mushrooms, LSD, peyote or ayahuasca to replace the TV or to spice up rave parties, it's a complete disaster, it's totally out of context.

It's like surgeons, doing heart trasplants just for fun, for a cool weekend. That's crazy!"

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Edited by Hiei (06/30/09 06:37 AM)

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

#10596519 - 06/30/09 07:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It's difficult to separate these drugs from music for me, but I do indeed feel that they can replace TV.

Often, raves have really good music (there is always a good song playing somewhere, and if not, it's fun to talk with friends who are fucked up too, or are sober and don't care if you're fucked up.)
If a surgeon succeeds in a heart transplant, must he pretentd not to feel joy?  (surgeons don't typically operate for fun, but if they did so successfully, and could hide their joy, they'd look much like the other surgeons.)

Ayahuasca can be really fun.  Am I missing something?

Offlinenocoast
Trichome Technician

#10596543 - 06/30/09 07:44 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Monkey is right, everyone else is wrong.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: nocoast]
    #10596617 - 06/30/09 08:12 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think this has much to do with intelligence... I think some people just go with their thoughts and other people dismiss or even fight their thoughts. In fact we all do this to different degrees, whether large or small. this might be because of their ability to comprehend thier own thoughts, or it could be because of their belief that the thoughts are inherently bogus, or it might even be that the thoughts are too intense for them that they dont want to accept them at all.
you need to go with your thoughts and take yourself seriously to take much from psychedelics, methinks. For many people, the mere reality and emotional turbulence of the trip is enough to make them take the experience seriously.
There are some people who trip in certain social situations a lot and are used to being teased or mocked for their strange thoughts. And so they start inhibiting their ideosyncracies and putting down other people for it (because it was done to them). This can lead to situations like in the OP where a group of more experienced trippers give a strange look at the topic of 'enlightnment' or something.

But just because some of your friends are like that... doesnt mean everyone is! if you want to talk about your trip experiences with other people, you should try trippin with other people

--------------------

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

#10596949 - 06/30/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

monkeyheaven said:
It's difficult to separate these drugs from music for me, but I do indeed feel that they can replace TV.

Often, raves have really good music (there is always a good song playing somewhere, and if not, it's fun to talk with friends who are fucked up too, or are sober and don't care if you're fucked up.)
If a surgeon succeeds in a heart transplant, must he pretentd not to feel joy?  (surgeons don't typically operate for fun, but if they did so successfully, and could hide their joy, they'd look much like the other surgeons.)

I always took that quote as if it is you having your heart transplanted, it doesn't really make sense to me otherwise.

He says it's not something to use just for fun or cause you're bored. Like, what do I do today, shall I go to the cinema or take lsd? 

And I believe it is what Hofmann himself thought.

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

#10598176 - 06/30/09 02:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i dont know how relevant this is but
re reading this thread reminded me of the quote i once heard about defining a drug as good (or beneficial to society)
"an good idea under the influence of a good drug is a good idea sober
an good idea under the influence of a bad drug is a bad idea sober"

i agree with this
Quote:

What i am saying is that intelligent people try to understand the psychedelic experience, and integrate the insight and understanding back with them when they come down.  Stupid people come down and don't attempt this at all, they just had a fun time seeing shit.  Its because they don't take the experience as being real.  They think that since they took this drug what they were experiencing wasn't valid or has no potential for anything useful.  When in fact all mental experience is drug induced, whether the drug is indigenously produced or exogenously consumed.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#10598419 - 06/30/09 03:26 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

What's his name, there's some black dude who's really funny and made a very astute point about dumb people and drugs.

Skip to two minutes in for smart dumb niggers.

Some people just don't get it.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10598531 - 06/30/09 03:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

monkeyheaven said:

Of course it can be fun.  I have walked around kicking pine cones in a forest with my buddies on LSD and having stomach cramps for crying/laughing for 20 minutes at how many pine cones there are.  But i have also had the most profound life changing experiences on another LSD trip.  Your not missing anything at all.

--------------------

OfflineDream
Harbinger

#10598676 - 06/30/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think that some of us treat psychadelics as a party drug, and some of us don't. ( Or a fun drug if you will. ) You could, of course choose both. The part that thinks trippers are intellectuals only seems dogmatic in putting them on a pedestal. The other part just seems close-minded in their rejection of psychadelic thought.

Yes, it seems elitist, and it probably is.

The question is, where we should choose to trip for fun and for thought, or only for thought. It's like asking if there's a purpose in life. Is there some intellectual eternal bliss to reach, or should we just have some hedonistic fun and use the experience only to analize ourselves in the world and better ourselves?

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
    #10598689 - 06/30/09 04:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TTT said:
Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

I agree with most of what youve said Cognitive_Shift.

I dont know if Id say that some people dont value the psychedelic experience because theyre dumb, though.

Exactly. I'd say my group of friends are all quite intelligent...In high school, we were all in the hardest AP classes together and scored in the upper 90% on standardized tests. However, we all assume different roles with our drug usage. 

I've grown into the "mushroom king" while my other friends favor weed, alcohol, you know... I'm the only one of my friends who enjoys feeling overpowered, helpless, and confused on mushrooms. My friends are all intelligent and enjoy low, fun doses of mushrooms, but the deep philosophical, ego shattering trips are just more "my thing..." I introduced my best friend to an 8th several years ago and he said it was the most profound trip he'd ever had, but didn't have interest to try higher doses again. Too intimidating.

In many ways, I believe it's because my parents were always so religious and I naturally began to hate organized religion. I wouldn't say I'm an atheist, but I developed my own spirituality, and it's one of the most important aspects of my life. It's allowed me to find peace and confidence with my role in the world. Mushrooms tend to take me to the outer limits of my own spiritual code, and I like that...I enjoy feeling my thoughts grow into extremely complex concepts, then having to wrap my mind around them and digest everything I just conceptualized...to defend my philosophy and why it makes sense. In many ways, mushroom trips are just my own philosophical mindset on steroids.

My best friend is more of an absurdist/nihilist. He's quite content with his life and I don't believe a change in spirituality/philosophy has ever really had a major impact in his life the same way my life changed. Because of this, I think it's scary for his thoughts to be so challenged on strong trips because he sees no reason to abandon his previous philosophy, no reason to expand. It's just not part of his life like it is mine. He's my best friend and I love him; he's a wonderful person. We're simply different in this aspect of our lives...

I dunno, just speculation. I feel like I know my friends pretty well, and they all give me an interesting look into why people do various drugs. In many ways, our personalities reflect the drugs we all prefer. With myself being so philosophical and inward-oriented, I love mushrooms!

But then again, my drug experiences have always been so spoiled. I first smoked out of a bong, and I've never smoked from a skanky aluminum can...blech!!!:grin: Recently, I've smoked weed with some other crowds, and they do seem quite arrogant...It's almost like all they want is to get high. They're not necessarily stupid, but i feel like they're very shallow. They don't make for interesting conversation.

For example, this girl said she'd be able to get us 2C-B. I got really excited, but was disappointed because she had no idea what I was talking about. She asked me "is this shit 'good?'" What does she mean by "good?" Fun? I'd say profound...but she didn't seem to connect.
Myk

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: Dream]
    #10598691 - 06/30/09 04:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well if you're actually hedonistic than that's one of your best bets imo. To drink acid as water I mean.

nice post dude^

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Edited by Hiei (06/30/09 04:18 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10598700 - 06/30/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The psychedelic experience feeds intelligence, its a "consciousness-expanding" substance, if you don't have much intelligence in the first place, you don't have much to expand from.  I don't think it is elitist, i think its just a fact imo.  Do you think its elitist that math mathematicians say they are better at math, than people who don't understand it very well?  Or do you think its just a fact?

--------------------

OfflineMykologist
Male

#10598752 - 06/30/09 04:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

No, I agree it's fact...but I feel that, in a sick way, people who act elitist with their trips are damn hypocritical...There's a distinct difference between sharing one's thoughts about tripping and implying that any way to spend a trip is better.
  I feel that people who act pretentious about tripping are almost venting out their anger to apathetic trippers, trying to point out other peoples' flaws when in reality, they know NOTHING about other peoples' lives. Personally, I tend to maintain a no-enemy philosophy. Maybe that easily translates to "i'm a pussy...", but I'm happier that way :grin: They could have very well kept their thoughts to themselves, maybe given some insight to the psychedelic experience instead, and gone about their trips/business without trying to make everyone else feel inferior.
:2cents:
Myk

--------------------

OfflineGeometry
Let the hate flow through you.

#10598831 - 06/30/09 04:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:

Was I just expecting too much from people who really aren't that intelligence?

:facepalm:

--------------------

Offlinetittysnacks74
Stranger

#10598884 - 06/30/09 04:55 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

monkeyheaven said:
Something just feels wrong about the elitist vibe I'm getting in this thread.  Some people are simply inarticulate, or transcend the need to convey their experiences verbally or otherwise. 

Perhaps they integrate their experience in the way they live their lives.  Instead of sitting around a room talking about how this and that should happen (which I certainly don't have a problem with,) maybe some people are just going out there and doing it!  They may  just realize how much there is yet to understand and are refining their theories silently, pending further research. 

Psychedelics of all kinds hook up with the human brain in such powerful ways.  Maybe it feels more natural for some people and they therefore have a casual attitude that is percieved as cavalier, but is in reality just in harmony with the experience. 

It is easy (even for very smart people, like yourselves) to be mistaken when making assumptions about other people's intelligence, experiences, and motivations.

Perhaps, but that doesn't explain the scoffing, standoffish attitude the OP described. If they simply couldn't articulate their integration, I think they would at least be open to someone else trying to.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: tittysnacks74]
    #10598958 - 06/30/09 05:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Seriously.  Don't judge people.  It very well could be that they had come to all these realizations before they ever even took acid.  Once you find yourself and come to all these silly conclusions, acid is just another drug, for the time being.  Sure it can cause ego death, and break down all the barriers in your mind, but some people don't have all those barriers to begin with.

Hell, maybe they just don't like to delude themselves with silly shit.  It's just as easy to start believing in ridiculous fairy tales as it is to find truth, on LSD.  That's their choice and you shouldn't consider them stupid because of it.

Even though, chances may be, that they are.  But unless you know them to be stupid, it's still a real dick assumption to make.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: Mchaggis]
    #10599268 - 06/30/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mchaggis said:
to me, there are

Datura can be incredibly insightful and pleasurable.  I agree when it comes to neurotoxic inhalants and pharmaceutical deliriants, though.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlineganja_guru
Strangest Stranger
Male

#10599342 - 06/30/09 06:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i mend with your thought pattern well,but i think there is no answer but evoulution of the species has to start somewhere?:rasta:

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: Innoculus]
    #10599489 - 06/30/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Innoculus said:
Seriously.  Don't judge people.  It very well could be that they had come to all these realizations before they ever even took acid.  Once you find yourself and come to all these silly conclusions, acid is just another drug, for the time being.  Sure it can cause ego death, and break down all the barriers in your mind, but some people don't have all those barriers to begin with.

Hell, maybe they just don't like to delude themselves with silly shit.  It's just as easy to start believing in ridiculous fairy tales as it is to find truth, on LSD.  That's their choice and you shouldn't consider them stupid because of it.

Even though, chances may be, that they are.  But unless you know them to be stupid, it's still a real dick assumption to make.

No. I know these people very well and they are in fact morons. I'm not being arrogant or conceited...They are stupid.

--------------------

Edited by JackofSpades (06/30/09 06:50 PM)

OfflineDream
Harbinger

#10599519 - 06/30/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

They have their own way of living. There is not one right way to be human.

OfflineMykologist
Male

#10599548 - 06/30/09 06:58 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sure it can cause ego death, and break down all the barriers in your mind, but some people don't have all those barriers to begin with.

I sincerely disagree that some people are "born enlightened." If there isn't one thing psychedelics, or even just good ol fashioned philosophy has taught me, it's that there is never an ending or conclusion as we go within ourselves. I mean, even people who "break down barriers and shatter their ego" with/without psychedelics are ALWAYS going further. It's not like you have ego death once or twice, then "graduate". :lol: I think its all about constantly seeking further knowledge in spite of the fact we'll never fully understand the universe because it's fucking infinite!
Dunno...I guess that's just how I feel whenever I trip.
Myk

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: Mykologist]
    #10599571 - 06/30/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm aware of that.  What I mean is that these people choose to be simple.  They don't always inherently deal with all the complicated crap that we create within our lives.  Most of what psychedelics do is cause one to see beyond the fabricated crap we create.  People who just live day to day and don't really think about shit all the time probably don't have such profound experiences.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

#10599593 - 06/30/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I don't think I'm better. Its just they fail to see any value or worth in the psychedelic experience and trivialize it as just another way to get wasted as one would with alcohol...I was just saying this seems unfortunate.

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#10599601 - 06/30/09 07:05 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Oh it does, but... so what?  Be grateful you CAN achieve such experiences.

OfflineMykologist
Male

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: Innoculus]
    #10599655 - 06/30/09 07:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

lol I guess I find it difficult to believe a trip couldn't take someone down at least some mental path. The visuals are so weak, almost distracting, compared to the mindfuck any psychedelic has given me. Even in light-hearted conversation, my friends all focus on the altered state of mind rather than the visual disturbances. Quite frankly, I don't know any people who talk much about visuals...except for salvia. :grin: That's something different entirely indeed...
Myk

--------------------

Offline789andIeatyou
Virtue Cultivator
Male

#10600669 - 06/30/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've found myself thinking things similar to the OP's thoughts on the topic.  While reading this thread, and the posts claiming it to be elitist thinking, I almost forgot the reason I began thinking such things to begin with.

Nearly everyone around me appears to be nothing more than regurgitator's of MTV culture, Pro-Wrestling or 'gangsta' attitudes, and Country music false sentimentality.  The entire social structure of everyone around me is so flawed, that to maintain a position in it requires complete rejection of intellectual and spiritual deviation from the hollow group think. 

I don't have a single person I would smoke salvia with, or prefer to trip with over going solo.  Not one person I trust to not be a Norm-bot, whatever the brand.  That makes me feel very lonely. 

When I search my subconscious mind, I find that I adopt the elitist attitude, (not just about psychedelics), in hopes that it will somehow combat the prosthetic mindsets that have become the cultural norm.  It's less about believing I'm better, and more about making a point.  Maybe it's heroic, or maybe it's just selfish of me to want to change the world.  I really don't think it has anything to do with being elitist though.   

IMO though, psychedelics should be respected tools.  The work can be fun!  It should be fun!  But the tools are not toys.  There's nothing wrong with wanting to see visuals, or get a good body buzz.  If you get really intense trips, it can actually be beneficial to find ways to make the trip more enjoyable or fun, so that unhealthy stress levels are kept down while learning about yourself. 

More often than not, people who don't understand the intellectual/spiritual side usually prefer things like alcohol anyway.

I make personal growth and fun equal goals for tripping.  I feel it's balanced.  I don't find most people I know to be very conductive to either goal.

--------------------
I am not pursuing meditation to increase my psychedelic experience. I am pursuing psychedelic experience to increase my mediation.

InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

#10601149 - 06/30/09 11:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Don't mind your friends, they may or may not come around. Most of my acid experiences were when I was a young lad around high school age. During that period, I did acid just to 'get fucked up and trip balls' with my friends. We did some really dumb shit, like go to parks and throw bleachers in the lake and field goal any trashcan we came upon.

Fast forward to a couple years later, after some very tough life experiences and an acid drought. I took 3 stamps of some of the most potent shit I had ever come across (unknowingly) and it was a fullblown ego death psycho spiritual serving of awesome.

I never viewed psychedelics the same way after that. They were no longer for getting fucked up, they were amazing philosophical tools for venturing deep into one's psyche.

Moral of the story: LSD can only show you what you are ready to hear. We are each at different stages of our own unique path. If not for my hedonistic impulses I would have not kept coming back for more until that...'Ahhh - I get it now' moment.

It sounds like you are more awakened than your friends. No need to get annoyed, they can not help it if that is where they are. Either be an inspiration for them or find new friends to trip with or trip alone. :mushroom2:

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #10601236 - 07/01/09 12:02 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TacticalBongRip said:
Don't mind your friends, they may or may not come around. Most of my acid experiences were when I was a young lad around high school age. During that period, I did acid just to 'get fucked up and trip balls' with my friends. We did some really dumb shit, like go to parks and throw bleachers in the lake and field goal any trashcan we came upon.

Fast forward to a couple years later, after some very tough life experiences and an acid drought. I took 3 stamps of some of the most potent shit I had ever come across (unknowingly) and it was a fullblown ego death psycho spiritual serving of awesome.

I never viewed psychedelics the same way after that. They were no longer for getting fucked up, they were amazing philosophical tools for venturing deep into one's psyche.

Moral of the story: LSD can only show you what you are ready to hear. We are each at different stages of our own unique path. If not for my hedonistic impulses I would have not kept coming back for more until that...'Ahhh - I get it now' moment.

It sounds like you are more awakened than your friends. No need to get annoyed, they can not help it if that is where they are. Either be an inspiration for them or find new friends to trip with or trip alone. :mushroom2:

I agree. I usually get very frustrated when people don't realize how profound a psychedelic experience can be. But then I realize how foolish I am being in my lack of understanding. I'm just being a judgmental elitist prick and that is not what psychedelics taught me. That being said I do wish people had more respect for the psychedelic experience.

Offlinewillyjones7
Stranger

#10601357 - 07/01/09 12:32 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think your being a little hard on your friends...
i know cause i use to be one of those people that were like
"I just wanna get F'ed up man"
but after my first salvia experience it just completely changed me
i started looking at pychedelics like more of a spiritual thing
than a recreational drug, trust me eventually your friends will come
around
they just need a little help
try giving them higher doses :laugh:
see if that helps

OfflineIzangi
He who Invites
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a field in FL
    #10601417 - 07/01/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sure the first time any of us took shrooms weren't even aware of the ideals we hold now but it has broaden our horizons greatly...but for others it is not the same story, it may have forced an experience they thought could never happen to them and instead of trying to sort it out they deem it as a "bad trip" and just completely stay away from the stuff forever..idk I'm just ranting some spur of the moment typing..I feel some what superior to people who misjudge the shroom as another drug but that's only because they don't have complete understanding of what it's capable of.

--------------------
chris606 said:
some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores
RogerRabbit said:
Nothing gets more sterile than red hot.

All posts are intended for fictional or educational purposes only.

No statements in any post or message by myself should be taken as fact. Use of contained information or opinions may be in violation of local, provincial, and/or federal laws.

OfflineRaijin
The Ridge Runner
Male

Loc: PA
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: ChildoftheKoRn]
    #10601433 - 07/01/09 12:51 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ChildoftheKoRn said:
Yes sir.. I hate people who take psychedelics to get "fucked up"

They deserve more respect

QFT

I don't see how some people can trip multiple times in a week.  I dose up rarely, but I go heroic when I do. Afterward I need at least 1 week sober to straighten myself out before I can go down the rabbit hole again.  The madness, the clarity, the chaos, the beauty....it's taxing to my psyche.

--------------------
Everything I post is an artistic work of fiction.  Only a fool would take anything I post as fact.

OfflineHellboy
Sex,Drugs,Rap&Alcohol
Male

Loc: Wild Wild West
    #10601670 - 07/01/09 02:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:
I started taking psychedelics well after a few of my not so close but still friends started taking them and under the influence of LSD I had a profound Leary-esque, enlightened, ego-shattering, pseudo-religious, philosophical revolutionizing perspective which opened up millions of new questions and profoundly changed my life forever...

Well, since I bought the acid from one of these people I was eager to tell them what I assumed they already knew and further discuss it with them. However, upon going into detail and clearly explaining what happened to me they all just kind of looked at me like I was crazy...

It turns out--though later discussion--that they take and enjoy psychedelics for a much different reason. As one friend put it "I take acid to see crazy shit."

Was I just expecting too much from people who really aren't that intelligence? I mean, I don't care if your a one-dimensional person with little introspective thought or philosophical background--acid should revolutionize everything you see as far as I'm concerned.

I don't understand this group of people--take drugs all the time and see nothing but hedonistic value? Does anyone else have to deal with people like this...They really aren't apathetic--braindead is more appropriate.

It's like the Doors of Perception only exist for some people...Would anyone else agree?

I hate to say it, but i'm probably one of those types of people your refering to. Don't get me wrong, there are times where I take drugs to get more insight into myself and the world around me, but there are some times where I just want to get fuckin plastered. For example, this weekend me and my homies are gonna get some MDA and chill at their house and have a lil powwow so to speak. But on saturday, I went to this party and ate a few orange gucci's with no intention of any type of self exploration, I just wanted to get faced out and have a good time (but then again, I don't consider/think e is that big of a hallucinogen unless you eat enough).

With that being said though, I do like to go explore/look in ward (or whatever you perfer to call it) and get to know myself and the people and enviorment around me a little better. Kinda like you, the first time I took acid...it was life changing. I had the most incrediable experience. I finally get what the Beatles and Charles Manson where talking about you know? But when I try'd to tell my friends who'd already been doing it about it, they had the 'been there done that' mentality. I think some drugs just lose there apply to people. Like when you first start smoking weed, you think its so cool and amazing when you like 12, but then after a few years it becomes common practice, or an everyday thing. And you'll always have those people who just don't give a fuck and love gettin smashed on whatever they can get their hands on.

--------------------
"You might see me one day on Mush, the fuck out...Shroomsvile baby. Don't wanna see nothing but colors and stars and shit..."
- :macdre:

"Sick of you always calling asking 'where have I been?', I'm at the same place bitch, getting high with my friends."

"I'm holding my gut when the rush hits, it's subtle at first--the worst is done
This ain't nothing, until my blood is pumping, shit hits like percussion
And the club suddenly changes into something it wasn't..."

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

#10602259 - 07/01/09 08:32 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe the best solution is to just lower one's expectations of how others should behave. I will therefore aspire to be more apathetic.  I'm not being sarcastic, I'll explain why:

Personally, I was disappointed that acid did not cause many of the posters on this thread to see what I perceive as the wisdom in just letting people be themselves and do what they want and not feel superior, regardless of others' apparent motives, intelligence, or willingness to talk the talk.

On the other hand, it seems that many people expect acid to cause others to behave in a manner that clearly confirms their sense of awe and respect for the drug, lest they fall into the category of the unworthy, unwise, and unenlightened.

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

#10602440 - 07/01/09 09:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i think some people are just more susceptible to the more 'serious' effects of psychedelic drugs... for example, i experience insights on shrooms and lsd and when i break through on dmt i 'leave' this plane. but i have friends that are like what this thread talks about. they can smoke a shit ton of dmt but all they will see are patterns and say 'o this shit is so fun', or they'll eat some mush and tell me they had a fucking blast. for me, psychedelic highs are challenges that i accept in hopes of gaining knowledge from the spirit of the compound. often times they're quite challenging on not 'fun' in a traditional sense but give me a feeling of accomplishment and relief that this life has more to offer than what is shown on the surface when it's through. others take them to 'feel good'... whatever.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

Edited by dummy (07/01/09 09:23 AM)

Offlinedummy

#10602448 - 07/01/09 09:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

like paul said,

"though they may be pardoned, there is still a chance that they may see"

so don't judge, it brings you down. everyone is different and that's a beautiful thing.

--------------------

Offline789andIeatyou
Virtue Cultivator
Male

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: dummy]
    #10602567 - 07/01/09 09:50 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sorry, but no matter how much I agree with the idea of not being elitist about psychedelics,  I still can't trust that other people, who lack the respect, wont fuck with me while tripping, or will be psychologically and spiritually responsible trip companions in general.  Elitist attitude or not, it's just not safe to trip hard with the people I know.  You just can't trust someone who doesn't truly respect. 

It's the same thing for going on a camping trip, or a hike.  Do you really want to take people with you who are going to throw rocks at birds, litter, and bring a general aura of disrespect?  NO.  And it's hard not to look down on that kind of behavior, and doing so isn't necessarily elitist.

Now, I understand, if one's sole intentions is to collect a group of people that look down on casual trippers so he/she can inflate his/her ego...  That IS being elitist.  I didn't gather that from the OP though.  I saw frustration in there, a frustration I know all too well.

--------------------
I am not pursuing meditation to increase my psychedelic experience. I am pursuing psychedelic experience to increase my mediation.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: nocoast]
    #10602584 - 07/01/09 09:54 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I am in an Extremely similar situation with the group of people I know. I am the "druggie" because of my extensive knowledge of the chemicals and do and do not consume. After telling people about the most powerful experience of my life,I came to the realization that MOST people will NEVER relate to my personal experience and will never fully understand how it was be helpful, especially wen they have not experienced their own life changing trip. For many months after people saw how differently I was... They asked me what gave me this positive outlook on life. here is a generic conversation.

Friend- Hey Dan, you look a lot better than when I last saw you, I have never seen you this happy before!

me- Well I had a very powerful experience, and now I have a completely better outlook on my life.

Friend- So what happened?

Me- I had a strong out of body and near death experience

Friend- how does this help you in your life?

Me- when one is faced with a NDE, they are able to prioritize whats important in life. they acquire the knowledge of what needs to be fixed o changed  to live a healthier and happier life.

Friend- That is quite amazing, now how did you have a near death experience? did you almost get hit by a car or something?

Me- I took a combination of chemicals,I thought aliens have come to take over my mind and end humanity,I thought I was dead... which in turn gave me the most powerful experience of my life.

friend- oh.......... long pause

I am just generalizing with that conversation. but I realized that when you go into detail about your experience, they look at you like you are nuts! " wow this kid needs hallucinogens to see whats important in life?!? I think he needs to start taking people paxil and come out drinking like I do" 

Here's what it all comes down to..... Some aspects of a trip is very personal and most people will never understand the importance of YOUR experience. Because of this, there is no need to get into detail with certain people. Just tell them you tripped, had a powerful experience, and now you feel better because of it. If they ask what you experienced, just tell them its personal, or tell them the your memory was foggy... just tell them as little detail as possible... The last thing you want to tell them is that you thought aliens were taking over your mind and you thought the world was ending. because that is when people look at you funny.

Many trips are best kept personal... The experience for YOU and YOU alone.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

#10602588 - 07/01/09 09:55 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dummy said:
like paul said,

"though they may be pardoned, there is still a chance that they may see"

so don't judge, it brings you down. everyone is different and that's a beautiful thing.

Beautiful indeed! I agree.  It's difficult not to judge, but if I (we) can learn not to, perhaps we will all be happier. 

ps, I thought it was, 'parted,' rather than, 'pardoned.'  Am I mistaken?

Offlinedummy

#10602701 - 07/01/09 10:17 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

lol i guess i was wrong.

--------------------

Offlineklondike_bar
Trekker
Male User Gallery

#10603427 - 07/01/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I take them hoping to experience breakthrough or life-altering experiences, but have been out of luck recently with my uses of 2ce/i/t-2 unfortunately.

however, i have a friend who just wants to get as fucked up as possible, and wants to try DMT/salvia/ayahuasca for that reason. (sigh...)

OfflineAlpheus
Stranger
    #10603536 - 07/01/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It seems logical that people not already prone to self-examination, introspection and general seeking of understanding would tend to dismiss automatically the potential of psychedelics to expand conciousness and awareness.

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: Alpheus]
    #10603734 - 07/01/09 01:55 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Alpheus said:
It seems logical that people not already prone to self-examination, introspection and general seeking of understanding would tend to dismiss automatically the potential of psychedelics to expand conciousness and awareness.

It's true some people just arn't after that type of thing. It's a pity though because they are missing out big time on a profound learning experience.

It is very frustrating though how taboo psychedelics are and having an enlightening experience is the last thing some people would expect.

Offline789andIeatyou
Virtue Cultivator
Male

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: 789andIeatyou]
    #10606595 - 07/01/09 10:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

789andIeatyou said:
IMO though, psychedelics should be respected tools. 

I need to take that back, or, reword it.  Lady Salvia just reminded me that she is not a 'tool'.

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: 789andIeatyou]
    #10606868 - 07/01/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

789andIeatyou said:
Quote:

789andIeatyou said:
IMO though, psychedelics should be respected tools. 

I need to take that back, or, reword it.  Lady Salvia just reminded me that she is not a 'tool'.

pwned.

happens to the best of us.

OfflineLiquid Time
Chronic Bionic

Loc: Earth
    #10607189 - 07/02/09 12:17 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I guess you're just special

--------------------

Offlineduderonomy
The Kwizatz Haderach
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Negaverse
    #10608223 - 07/02/09 06:50 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'd read fear and loathing in las vegas.  Thompson talked about selling mind expansion for 5 bucks a pop, leaving behind a nation of zombies not able to cope with the 'real' world.  Besides, Timothy Leary was a piece of shit.  Read more what actually happened to him, like becoming an informer for the FBI.  Drugs fuck you up, and that's it.  You can get philosophical and spiritual, hell I do it on psych's as well.  But when you get into the real world you can't fly, you're no smarter than anyone else, and drugs have changed your brainwaves slightly.  Just saying don't get too carried away, you'll just let yourself down.  Trust me.

--------------------
Bling Bling's crack-pipe is hidden inside of his collar - Bling Bling

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: duderonomy]
    #10608241 - 07/02/09 06:54 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

duderonomy said:
I'd read fear and loathing in las vegas.  Thompson talked about selling mind expansion for 5 bucks a pop, leaving behind a nation of zombies not able to cope with the 'real' world.  Besides, Timothy Leary was a piece of shit.  Read more what actually happened to him, like becoming an informer for the FBI.  Drugs fuck you up, and that's it.  You can get philosophical and spiritual, hell I do it on psych's as well.  But when you get into the real world you can't fly, you're no smarter than anyone else, and drugs have changed your brainwaves slightly.  Just saying don't get too carried away, you'll just let yourself down.  Trust me.

Saaaad but truuuuee!

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: Apathetic Trippers [Re: duderonomy]
    #10608964 - 07/02/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

duderonomy said:

If you look it up all the information Leary provided to the FBI never led to any bust and was all worthless...Drugs break down cultural conditioning and if you don't see value in that then its your own loss.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract