Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Delicious Bacon

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Good tasting shrooms to grow?
    #10594382 - 06/29/09 10:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

So i have started recently growing some cubes. I have been neglecting the fact that im having all the fun since my gf isnt going to eat any of my shrooms i grow. She doesnt like them anymore for some reason. But i know shoe absolutely loves edibles. i was wondering what would be a great edible or even medicinal mushroom to grow. She loves adding mushrooms on everything she can. Anyone have any advice on where i should start. i really dont want to grow something i can go get a clone from down at the foodstore.  The thing is also i really hate how mushrooms taste. atleast all the ones ive tried. So i would like to meet somewhere in the middle where we will both be happy.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Good tasting shrooms to grow? [Re: TacoHerder]
    #10594478 - 06/29/09 11:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

shiitake has a bold taste, perhaps a bit on the acquired taste side for some.  altho you can prolly find this one at the store tho.  i tempted fate a little bit i guess and ate a tiny bite of one raw, it kind of gave my taste buds a bit more bearing when i eat the cooked ones now if that makes any sense.  it doesn't taste so "wild" now

oh black poplars are prolly a good one for a more traditional taste somewhat similar to your typical button mushroom from the store, altho i havn't tasted these for a while so i might be off

lions mane is really easy to grow, altho i think its taste changes quite a bit depending on what its grown on as well as the quality of the grow room.  if you grow this one my personal opinion, and i might be the only one here with it, is to avoid grains like the plague for this mushroom.  cooked and grown right and you'll prolly like this one

maitake is pretty interesting, and indeed can taste similar to bacon if cooked long enough.  altho Ive wondered if overcooked oysters would taste the same :shrug:  a bit more trouble to grow maitake tho

then we have nameko, which they call a delicacy, and i must say i didn't fully understand what people meant when they said delicacy.  this is an interesting mushroom, yet even more trouble to grow than maitake. 

which reminds me i have a bunch of pic's i need to get uploaded on here

its almost as if the harder the mushroom is to grow the more i like it for some reason lol

one big thing however is how these mushrooms are cooked, out of the mushrooms i have ate, i always wonder....maybe if i cooked it different i would have liked it alot more.  i really hate oyster mushrooms, but maybe i just always under cook them:shrug:  i also don't like brick tops

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Good tasting shrooms to grow? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #10594510 - 06/29/09 11:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, thanks for all the info. I was thinking of lions mane. i read somewhere someone said it tasted like lobster. but i hate sea food so... :justdontknow: Havent really read too much into maitake. ill need to go check into that. Again thanks for the help.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

OfflineAgarAgar
Mushroom Cultivator
    #10607235 - 07/02/09 02:30 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Oyster mushrooms are a very tasty and easy to grow mushroom.

Just so you know.... Shrooms is a term that is reserved for mushrooms belonging to psychoactive group.

AgarAgar

--------------------
Keep those mushrooms a growin

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Good tasting shrooms to grow? [Re: AgarAgar]
    #10607268 - 07/02/09 02:39 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

well maybe i plan on tricking her into thinking she is eating a edible mushroom:wink:

--------------------

Offlinemycochef
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10612035 - 07/02/09 10:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Oyster super easy and good tasting. I was told that Hericium taste like lobster too. I think when they are sauteed in butter they taste like the best grilled cheese sandwich you'll ever eat. Pioppinos are another easy grower that taste great.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Delicious Bacon

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms