Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable?
    #10593268 - 06/29/09 04:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i remember someone telin me u could burn ur own
i tried it but it wont play
wat am i doin wrong?

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesjacobn
not so strange

Loc: New York
Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? [Re: DeadPhan]
    #10593294 - 06/29/09 04:38 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think the ps3 has been firmware hacked yet, I'm not sure as I don't follow the ps3 homebrew scene though. Maybe you can do a hotswap of some sort? This is really the wrong forum to ask this question on, you should go ask about it on ps3scene.com. Just make sure you say it's for a backup of a game you already own, talking about piracy on those sites is a big no no.

InvisiblePJDIDDLE
Female
Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: DeadPhan]
    #10593300 - 06/29/09 04:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Script

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleDigitalTerror
Stranger

Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #10593307 - 06/29/09 04:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes you can.... buy a chip its quite simple

--------------------

InvisiblePJDIDDLE
Female
Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? *DELETED* [Re: DigitalTerror]
    #10593312 - 06/29/09 04:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Script

InvisibleDigitalTerror
Stranger

Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #10593321 - 06/29/09 04:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

then I stand corrected. I know they had one for ps1

--------------------

OfflineSlooch
Lead Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? [Re: DigitalTerror]
    #10593665 - 06/29/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, I am on the scene of all modification to console / hand-held systems, and so far there is no mod for the PS3 that allows you to play burned games... CURRENTLY...

Now when the ps3 first came out there were a small group of people that did get the ps3 to boot DVD copy's of PS2 games on the ps3. This was quickly changed and disabled with the first 2 online patches released...

Some people didn't update, and made you tube videos of it b4 they eventually updated due to not being able to play online games or use the online services...

Also, you will get people on you tube just outright faking that they have burned or hacked the ps3.... so, its hit or miss here, because if you just keep up on it, someone will eventually find a way to mod this system...

Now, I have experience with modding the Ps1 in its late stages, to where I could swap games on it, and play burned games, then I got 2 different mods for the ps2 both which are a bit more expensive than the 3rd option but highly workable...

I have SwapMagic 2.0 for ps2... This allows you to place a ps2 (original) DVD into the system then you manually open the CD tray and swap with a burned DVD, (burning DVD ps2 games are just like copying a movie its that easy IE ISO to ISO.... Also you can get a case mod for the ps2 that allows you to just flip open the top of the ps2 to directly reach the DVD similar to the ps1 design... this case mod also tricks the system into thinking the cd tray is closed, so the swap key is no longer needed...

I have a HDLoader version 2.1 and you need the network adapter and a HD installed to an older generation (fat) ps2, and this program copy's ps2 DVDs onto the HD... Again you can use burned DVDs however you need a SWAP CARD, this comes with the Swap Magic, but you need to make a crude one with an old credit card to make this work if its the only thing you have... The really cool thing about this is when you play your ps2 games off the HD the load time is MUCH shorter throughout the game... I love Dragon ball z boudiki 2 with this because the load time is 1-2 seconds literally...

3rd and which is the most popular and people of all sorts of gamers hear about it, and its the mod chip, this is manually installed onto the main board via soldering a microchip onto it... The upside to this is you never have to do anything with your ps2 again, you just play burned DVDs, Japanese imports, and your regular games... The downside is that if you do it yourself you risk damaging the system or at the very least void your warranty... Most people can take it to a game shop or send it to someone online for a fee, but they too will warn you that there could be some issues with this being installed...

Lastly I have modded the PSP system, to run Emulators, and Homebrew applications, and movies... my Nintendo DS is also modded to do this and by far these are the coolest mods I have yet...

OH and I forgot, I have access to every Nintendo DS game, and never have to pay for one EVER, it just works with the mod/exploit, called the M3 Adapter, Nintendo got sooo upset with this, that they made the new Nintendo DSi which is very similar to what the M3 Adapter does...

--------------------
Hey Just take some time and look at this pic here, below... Its a Smile Face ON THE CAP! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES? AND THE OTHER AN 8???!!!! IS this a SIGN?

Edited by Slooch (06/29/09 06:04 PM)

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Uh-oh!
 User Gallery

Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? [Re: Slooch]
    #10593676 - 06/29/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The sheer size of the games alone make it a task.

--------------------
"Captain CAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!"

Offlinezany
Xxzxcuzx Me
Male

Loc: midwest USA
Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? [Re: Captain Caveman]
    #10593683 - 06/29/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I thought this thread was going to be about the topic creater disliking PS3 games, wanting to burn all the games he owned (AKA torch them) and he just generally thought the PS3 was unplayable.

Such a misleading topic title :lol:

--------------------
:mushroom2:If you're listening to this song...you might think the chords are going wrong...but they're not...he just wrote it like that!!!:mushroom2:

OfflineSlooch
Lead Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? [Re: zany]
    #10593714 - 06/29/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

LOLz Zany....  /\ /\

--------------------
Hey Just take some time and look at this pic here, below... Its a Smile Face ON THE CAP! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES? AND THE OTHER AN 8???!!!! IS this a SIGN?

InvisiblePJDIDDLE
Female
Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? *DELETED* [Re: Captain Caveman]
    #10593739 - 06/29/09 06:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Script

OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
    #10593779 - 06/29/09 06:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Script said:
That's the problem with the PS3, most hackers don't even have Blue ray burners and disposable blue ray media.  Which makes hot swapping and software hacks virtually at a standstill.  I think Blue-Ray is the only thing keeping the PS3 from being hacked in the same way that people are hacking Xbox 360's and wii's.

Good point.

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

Offlinesjacobn
not so strange

#10593811 - 06/29/09 06:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The ps3 is unhacked because you can run linux on it right out of the box. The 360 firmware hack was created and released by hardcore enthusiasts trying to make homebrew on the 360 a reality. The wii just has extremely shitty security, a five year old could hack that shit. The ps3 will never be hacked, the hackers already have what they want and crackers are just too fucking stupid.

OfflineSlooch
Lead Apprentice
Male User Gallery

#10593828 - 06/29/09 06:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That will come soon, but you have to remember this is a different system now, Sony really anticipated there product being hacked/modded.... so they made the software end of it patchable though the internet...

It wont be blu-ray burners going down in price that will cause hacks to develop for the ps3, only time and people with access to the source code of the Ps3 x-menu software, then they will make homebrews for it... again though Sony will just update their system so its hard to tell at this point where homebrew or hacks for the ps3 system will go...

One thing is for sure, they are getting material and games stolen right now, and its not through any kind of mod or hack, in fact its just a simple exploit on their servers...

After making a large list of friends on the PS3 network, you will eventually find someone who has purchased alot of games, or just a few, and what you can do, is re-download them if they get deleted from your HD for what ever purpose... well if you find someone who wants/likes a game you have and you want what they have you simply change your password to your account to a simple password, log onto their account and download THEIR PURCHASED games onto YOUR system, and log off...

This can be dangerous, if someone decides to take and change your password on your account, and then your account is lost... sooo you got to trust this person very well, lucky for me, I knew a few people nearby me, so they were trustworthy enough, or at least to the degree where I can go and break stuff if need be... lol...

And I now have tons of media for my ps3 and I only payed for like 3-4 things... lol ... its only a matter of time b4 SONY does something about this... and im sure its a real easy thing to stop....

--------------------

OfflineSlooch
Lead Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? [Re: Slooch]
    #10593838 - 06/29/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

and Linux has nothing to do with this, the system will be hacked one way or another, it just takes time...

--------------------

Offlinesjacobn
not so strange

#10593862 - 06/29/09 06:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Linux has everything to do with it. If you were really into the hacking scene you would know that... Crackers destroy hackers create, crackers cannot do shit. Anyone with the ability to hack the ps3 would be able to land a very good job, they have no reason to steal video games. Piracy was never the intention when it came to console hacking, that was only a byproduct.

InvisiblePJDIDDLE
Female
Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? *DELETED* [Re: sjacobn]
    #10593879 - 06/29/09 06:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Script

Offlinesjacobn
not so strange

#10593903 - 06/29/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you want to install a shitty Chinese modchip into your ps3 that's your problem. If the chips are being produced for profit you can be assured they are going to be of very low quality and have a VERY high failure rate.

OfflineSlooch
Lead Apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? [Re: sjacobn]
    #10593911 - 06/29/09 06:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Great, so you can install Linux onto the ps3 and play emulators and run the system like a personal computer...

Where in this can you run and play burned DVDs / Blu-Rays of games? you cant..

So what your implying is that there is no need to do this just because the Ps3 system can be turned into a PC??

Regardless of what you think there is / and always will be a group looking to exploit the system to play copy's of Soon to be released or released games...

--------------------

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: can i burn my own ps3 games? what do i need to make them playable? [Re: DeadPhan]
    #10593934 - 06/29/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Don't steal.
Be Good Consumer, brah

just kidding
rob them blind

:vineclimb:

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#10594361 - 06/29/09 08:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

u guys know where i can find grand theft auto 4 cheat codes?

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #10594589 - 06/29/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order