Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSensiFool
drying question
    #1058611 - 11/16/02 05:46 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I picked a few small shrooms off one of my cakes before I cased it. The biggest not being over 3/4 inch.
I stuck em between two paper towels for two days and then put em in a container with a small pouch of silica gel for a day.
They're cracker dry now and the weight is .6 ounces.
Does the amount of time it takes for them to dry have an effect on potency?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: drying question [Re: SensiFool]
    #1058617 - 11/16/02 05:50 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

not if they're chem'd dried and not exposed to high temps. read faq theres a section on drying.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineSensiFool
Re: drying question [Re: socratesmind]
    #1058622 - 11/16/02 05:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I read the FAQ's. Not a damn thing about whether or not the amount of drying time has an effect on potency.

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1058631 - 11/16/02 05:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

However, these use heat which will dramaticaly effect the potency of your fruits.

In reply to:

Cracker dry mushrooms keep best for prolonged periods of time. If you don?t dry your mushrooms completely you risk that a mold develops on the moist mushrooms and ruins them and potentially ruins your health. So dry them cracker dry and store them in an air tight container.

It's called reading please look into it. left to right put words together to form a sentance. thats all extractions from the faq btw.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1058637 - 11/16/02 06:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No effect that I've ever noticed. Worry more about heat than time.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineSensiFool
    #1058639 - 11/16/02 06:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok. I asked nothing about the effects of fucking heat.
The mushrooms I dried ARE CRACKER DRY.
Here's my question, If it took me 5 days to get my mushrooms cracker dry, would they be less potent than mushrooms that took only two days to get cracker dry?

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1058642 - 11/16/02 06:03 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well fuck you dude, if your gonna get pissy with someone who's trying to help you, then figure the shit out yourself, dick!

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1058645 - 11/16/02 06:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well how else do you plan on speeding up drying using more desicant or epson salt isnt going to help. and no potency variations occur when not going above room temp. they dont digress in potency because the melting point for Psilocin is 173-176C and Psilocybin 185-195C give or take say 20C and just stay well under these temps and you should be fine. but speeding up chem drying is also impossible.

--------------------

OfflineSensiFool
    #1058972 - 11/16/02 09:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"It's called reading please look into it. left to right put words together to form a sentance."

I got pissy cuz I don't need someone to tell me how to read. That's all.
Especially when the same person can't use punctuation or spell correctly.

OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
Re: drying question [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1058985 - 11/16/02 09:16 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well u told him////////////////Your right though

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

OfflineVisigoth
enthusiast

Re: drying question [Re: MOE.shrooms]
    #1059042 - 11/16/02 09:55 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think the amount of time it took to dry them will cause any problems, unless ur talking like 2 weeks or something, then maybe. But as long as they get pretty dry within a week u should be fine

Vis

--------------------
"15 minutes in freezing conditions?!?! You'd become a popsicle before you made that!!!"

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
    #1059460 - 11/17/02 01:41 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

whatever dude. i dont think you were being a pissy dick. as long as you store them properly they should be fine. if it messes with the potency....it's not going to be much. a less potent mushroom is better than no mushroom at all.

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
    #1059548 - 11/17/02 03:07 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Actually the more(longer) they are exposed to air the more likely they are to lose some potency. Depends on the psilocin(e) vs psilocybin(e) content.  Psilocin(e) is much more unstable and much more prone to oxidative degradation from atmospheric oxygen.   
    so yeah.. uh... minimize your drying time.  :smile: 

--------------------

Invisibleeltardo
spork it
    #1059677 - 11/17/02 05:09 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Use the search function at the top of the page, your question has been asked many times before and answered many times. :smile: 

InvisiblePurpleSpore
Re: drying question [Re: eltardo]
    #1059712 - 11/17/02 06:25 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Buy a NESCO, American Harvest dehydrator from WALMART. They cost $39.00.
Put whatever it is you want to dry in for 24 hours the  lowest temp setting, 95 degrees. You wont notice any degredation in your jerky, fruit roll ups or anything else you are drying.  :grin: 

--------------------
Look mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky!

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1059744 - 11/17/02 07:40 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Bottom line .............. do you really want this answer ?
Yes they do lose "some" potency when you dry them . Fresh are much more potent than dried mushies , but the amount you lose is not that bad . You have to preseve them somehow , unless you have a party and eat them all at once !
The amount of time it takes to dry them will not effect them, if it takes so long that mold , mildew start to form on the mushies , then yes that will effect potency and possibly your health .
Hope this helped .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies