Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Sometimes I feel like I should be nicer to people [Re: Wasteland]
    #10581202 - 06/27/09 11:02 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Sometimes I feel like I should be nicer to people [Re: circularvortex]
    #10581207 - 06/27/09 11:02 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm nice to people everywhere but the internet.  Somehow web forums have a way of bringing out the worst in me.

--------------------

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: Sometimes I feel like I should be nicer to people [Re: Silversoul]
    #10581210 - 06/27/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It's a giant room where everyone is wearing a mask, and all you need to do is take off your mask to disappear.

It's the ideal condition for bringing out the worst in someone.

Also an interesting example of when the best shines in unexpected places.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
Re: Sometimes I feel like I should be nicer to people [Re: Wasteland]
    #10581267 - 06/27/09 11:31 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:strokebeard:

i think they call that rationalization.

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: Sometimes I feel like I should be nicer to people [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #10581273 - 06/27/09 11:33 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Many a psych paper has been written about avatars and alias'.

(wtf is plural for alias?)

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Sometimes I feel like I should be nicer to people [Re: alternatereality]
    #10581306 - 06/27/09 11:51 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

NastyDHL said:
You should always be nicer to people man.  All you need is love...after some psychedelic experiences I really do believe that a lack of love is the cause of all our internal problems.  The internal problems manifest their way into the external world through our irrational attempts at compensation.

Patience is a virtue.  It's tough to be patient.  But when you try to be compassionate, and try to see why other people do the "stupid" things they do, and you are patient with their behavior because it is caused by silly human irrationality and selfishness, not only will you be much much happier and less stressed, but you will have a great effect on other people.  Unwavering patience has a crazy way of making other people question their actions/beliefs. 

If someone does something and would normally expect you to get pissed or at the least sight loudly, and you just greet them with a look of patient understanding, you give that other person a huge boost.  Many people get so overwhelmed and stressed out in our society, just minor things like someone in front you fumbling the checkbook at the check-out line at the grocery store can set you off and stress you out.  People can really sense that negativity.

The next time you are frustrated/in a hurry you should try to be understanding and patient.  Imagine how an old woman, who prepares herself up to be defensive and pissed because she's taking a long time at the check-out counter, would feel when all of a sudden she realizes there is not someone impatiently tapping their foot or breathing or sighing heavily behind her, but there is someone who greets her with a smile and a sense of acceptance for her lack of perfectness, someone who understands and OK's her situation instead of wishing she had behaved more compliantly with your own selfish desires (to get the fuck out of the way already).

You should always be nicer to people dude.  But not fake nice, or tolerant, like the other dude said, but kind.  Don't pretend to not be pissed or annoyed or frustrated when you are.  Instead, cultivate patience and compassion for others, so you no longer force your selfish expectations on them.  It's a tough world man, and people could always use a hug and some love, to break them out of their cycles of worry, stress, anxiety.
:heart:

I hear ya man, really I do, and I appreciate the response, but I still think there's always gonna be that part of me that thinks, "Why hasn't this woman just gotten a debit card?  It's 5 times faster, and is free!"

Quote:

alternatereality said:
Well there's a big difference between being intelligent and condescending.

You shouldn't have to shut your mouth to make people like you. You can be intelligent and cynical and sarcastic and still be charming. It seems like the problem is just that you come off as a jerk.

Oh come on love I don't come off as a jerk do I?

So last night I went out with some quasi-friends, social acquaintances, really.  I was talking to the ex gf and she was going out and I figured I'd tag along and blow more of my money at the bar :lol:

Anyways, the people who were there I usually butt heads with quite a bit, I even met the boyfriend of a girl who I've...well, I've not gotten along with her at all, ever.  She's definitely one of the people that I have been a jerk to, but she totally deserved it.  Anyways, got along with her boyfriend just fine, and everybody else was easy enough to get along with too.

I think what helped was that everybody was keeping things light.  It's so much easier to be nice when there isn't a debate raging.

Thanks for the thoughts all!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Offlinex Ju x
Aubergine Of The Sun
Male

Loc: Shpongleland, Canada Flag
    #10581474 - 06/27/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:laugh:yeah im pretty nice as well, but have changed a little bit in the past 6 months or so. Like back then if someone said something I disagreed with i would just let it go and not talk about it.

Now I find myself bringing up the disagreement and voicing my opinions alot more then I would of. Like if people start talking about how "pot is bad for you and should be kept illegal" I find myself calling them idiots (in a nice way of course :tongue:) and then proceed to tell them how it's not.

And another thing is that if people were rude to me I wouldn't call them out on it or anything and I would just let it go. part of my job entails taking delivery orders for food and the other day the driver couldn't find the street and he said to me " look, i'm getting pissed off, call these people back and find out where the fuck they live. This is ridiculous" in a very rude manner, screaming at me like it was my fault. Now 6 months ago I would of said "okay, no problem, I'll call them back and get directions" and I would of been nice about it. But what I actually said was "well it's not my fault your a delivery driver and dont know your way around fuckin town. call them back youself, im busy." ...I tend to be just as rude back to them. If they're rude first for no reason im tellin them to fuck off :smirk:

--------------------

Edited by x Ju x (06/27/09 12:56 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#10583022 - 06/27/09 07:30 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I think I used to be a much 'nicer' person, but then the cynical part of me thinks that I probably just didn't know what a bunch of fucking idiots everybody is about everything

Do you feel posting on the internet contributed to the new you?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale