Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Hootersville
Making Sceletium tortuosum cuttings.
    #1057850 - 11/16/02 11:33 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have a kanna plant that I would like to try and make a cutting from. I was wondering if the plant would send out side shoots if I cut off the growing tip. I would imagine it would but it took so long to get one started from seed that I don't want to kill it.I want to get at least three or four established from this one plant if possible. I've "Cloned" plenty of other plants,so I know the procedure...Anyone have any experience here with Kanna?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
old hand

Re: Making Sceletium tortuosum cuttings. [Re: Pinhead]
    #1057878 - 11/16/02 11:57 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I dont have firsthand experience with this but........

"I take about a 3-4 noded cutting (6-8cm) which can either be a soft green stem segment or a harder segment.
Remove the lower leaves that go into the soil (carefully, as removing the leaves can break the stem) and water in. leave for a few weeks under shade cloth in not too warm an area and they should have roots. If they wilt, remove to a cooler shadier area. They tend to wilt a bit out of the shock or the cutting process anyway.
I suspect they are very similar in growth characteristics to the aussie local pigface plants and so should root easily without root hormone powder, but I use it just in case for my cuttings.

Sandy soil or cactus soil work fine for them."
      From Ed Dunkel(on Shaman Australis Forums)

Good luck! :grin:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Magash, karode13, naum, Mostly_Harmless
970 topic views. 3 members, 15 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.