Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Obama administration attacks pocket knives [Re: THC Titan]
    #10572924 - 06/25/09 07:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

"Zealots" or not many people believe the 2nd amendment is under attack.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Obama administration attacks pocket knives [Re: Fraggin]
    #10573027 - 06/25/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Fraggin said:
Knives are the most primitive fucking tools known to man and can be made from glass, stone, metal, and even tooth brushes...

Fucking ridiculous. Why don't they try to put a limit on the number of breaths we can take each day? Outfit each person with a digital inhalation tracker and CO2 monitor at birth? It's the same fucking ball park.

im still waiting for the federal oxygen inhalation tax.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#10573043 - 06/25/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

THC Titan said:
Did you guys even read the entire article?

Quote:

Customs officials argue the rule deals only with imported merchandise, and thus does not affect knives already in the country or that are manufactured domestically.

This is not the same as a blanket ban on all pocketknives. It doesn't even prohibit them on the state level.

Oh no, Obama's gonna outlaw sticks and stones next  :foreheadslap:

did YOU happen read the whole article?

Quote:

The new definition would include any spring-assisted or one-handed-opening knife.

many regular pocket knives WILL be included in this legislation.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama administration attacks pocket knives [Re: johnm214]
    #10573058 - 06/25/09 07:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

Phred said:
Quote:

i dont understand why i need to insert my opinion on a piece like this phred. 

It's not just you - the rule applies to everyone, and to every opinion piece. I'm not picking on you in particular - take a look at the number of threads by other posters locked by moderators other than myself for the exact same rule violation.

If you believe this rule should be revoked, feel free to start a thread laying out your rationale for revoking it, and let's see how the other denizens of the forum respond.

Phred

Lefty should recieve extra scrutiny.  Three paragraph minimum, APA style, all sources cited, and a bibliography :thumbup:

As for the topic:  fucking ridiculous.  So a steak knife is fine, but as soon as it has a sheath that can be removed with one hand its illegal?  Or if I put a hinge in it somewhere that's operable with one hand its illegal?

Knife laws are allready arbitrary and ridiculous.  We don't need more.

LOL you son of a bitch.    the only subject i sucked at MORE than math was writing.    :facepalm:

--------------------

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Obama administration attacks pocket knives [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #10573073 - 06/25/09 07:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:
    The new definition would include any spring-assisted or one-handed-opening knife.

Fortunately, if you look at the text of the proposed action, you can see that the author of the article didn't read said text and instead relied on the word of a con artist engaging in a good 'ol fashioned affinity scam.

You should donate some money to Knife Rights - you don't think Doug Ritter is out spreading rumors for nothing, do you?

OfflineSmackshadow
It's Time for Wild Speculation

#10573098 - 06/25/09 07:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey I finally agree with the majority on a thread.  This is pretty ridiculous (the law).  On the bright side my guess is this is a poorly though through measure, or at worst needless legislation like safety belt laws, which exist only to give the police an excuse to search and harass people.

--------------------
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.

~H. L. Mencken~

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama administration attacks pocket knives [Re: lonestar2004]
    #10573100 - 06/25/09 07:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

phi1618 said:
in summary:
1) This has NOTHING to do with Obama, but is some deep-in-the-bureaucracy shit that would happen regardless of who's president.

2) This is not about further restricting the knives people can transport across state lines, but about clarifying which knives can be transported since there are conflicting and unclear precedents on this issue.

3) The whole stink on this issue was caused by one organization (AKTI) blowing up some hot-button excuse to ask for money, and then the story being picked up by tons of credulous people.

Anyway, Jesus what fucking bullshit. Don't believe everything you read, people.

this is a link from Customs and Homeland Security about the reversal of one of its own long-standing regulations.

http://www.kniferights.org/U%20S%20Customs%20Proposed%20Ruling%20-%20Assisted%20Opening%20Knives.pdf

PROPOSED REVOCATION OF RULING LETTERS AND
REVOCATION OF TREATMENT RELATING TO THE
ADMISSIBILTY OF CERTAIN KNIVES WITH
SPRING-ASSISTED OPENING MECHANISMS

do you know how many people have "SPRING-ASSISTED OPENING MECHANISMS"

maybe not in Massachusetts but i bet millions of people own "SPRING-ASSISTED OPENING MECHANISMS"

Why a push to criminalize this type of knife now? 

is it a serious problem all of a sudden?

i for one own about 5 knives(out of 7) that are spring assisted or can be opened with one hand.  apparently i am something to worry about.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#10573134 - 06/25/09 07:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

THC Titan said:
Quote:

phi1618 said:All these rulings over the last 8 years, and not one howl of protest.

I can't be too surprised it's happening now, given the anti-Obama paranoia and 2nd amendment zealotry.

lol paranoia?  the man stated his intentions towards the 2nd amendment BEFORE he was voted in as president.  to this day his administration does not hide the fact that they wish to make permanent AND expand the failed "AWB" of the clinton administration. and he has and is still trying to fill his ranks with anti-gunners across the board.

paranoia and warranted suspicion are two different things.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama administration attacks pocket knives [Re: phi1618]
    #10573144 - 06/25/09 07:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

phi1618 said:
Quote:

Quote:

Fortunately, if you look at the text of the proposed action, you can see that the author of the article didn't read said text and instead relied on the word of a con artist engaging in a good 'ol fashioned affinity scam.

You should donate some money to Knife Rights - you don't think Doug Ritter is out spreading rumors for nothing, do you?

if i had money to donate i would.

--------------------

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#10573226 - 06/25/09 08:04 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

After reviewing the Knife Rights page, I still think it's a legal affinity scam.

It's fine to be upset over this administrative action, but he misrepresented it to the gullible reporter. It is similar to other actions taken over the past 8 years, cited above. Also, it is not at all about "one-hand opening" knifes, and the original law contains specific protection for utility knives.

From his FAQ: "Since when do safety features like a locking blade and one-hand opening make a knife deadly?"

This is straight up fear mongering.

If you're concerned about knife rights, AKTI looks like a genuine organization, rather than an individual who wants you to give him money.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Obama administration attacks pocket knives [Re: phi1618]
    #10573397 - 06/25/09 08:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i tried to read the entire document,

http://www.kniferights.org/U%20S%20Customs%20Proposed%20Ruling%20-%20Assisted%20Opening%20Knives.pdf

but i would need about 50 milligrams of Ritalin to get through it....:smirk:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (06/25/09 08:42 PM)

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Obama administration attacks pocket knives [Re: lonestar2004]
    #10574990 - 06/26/09 02:31 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

it's a BS law that doesn't need clarification but revocation. 

I own a bunch of spring-assisted knives.  One of 'em (obviously, my favorite) I carry daily.  It's a great tool.  I can be holding on to something with my left hand, reach around, grab my knife out of my pocket, *snick* and it's open and I cut the rope or plant or box or whatever it is I'm holding that needs a knife taken to it.

It's the next best thing to just carrying a straight blade on your belt, which I would do if people wouldn't think strangely of me for it. 

Never understood why these things were ever banned in the first place.  I OWN GUNS, why the hell a restriction on a bladed implement? 
and fyi, this may just be dealing with importation, but it will be reflected in adjustments to state laws on the legality of these things.  And you better believe that if this gets re-evaluated and clarified, most likely they'll just find that yes, they're subject to the ban.  Because, hey, why not, who really cares anyway and better safe than sorry (nevermind that it really doesn't result in 'safer' anyway).

For those interested:
http://www.thekershawstore.com/Kershaw_Scallion_Stainless_Serrated_Knife_p/k1620flst.htm

That's the knife I carry, fantastically useful lil guy.  keeps my wallet in place, too.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Obama administration attacks pocket knives [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #10575696 - 06/26/09 08:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

The retail industry is going to have a lot of problems.... all those box-cutters that can be opened with one hand... :frown:

Why, take a place like Wal*Mart for instance, they supply all their stores with the box-cutters the employees have to use... now they are smuggling contraband weapons on a massive scale... surely its the Apocalypse. :tongue:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder