Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBulletoothTony
crazy mofo whenplaying with hisAK
Some questions about storing Shrooms...
    #1057142 - 11/15/02 11:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hi all. I just finished harvesting half of my first grow. After pulling the mushies off I put them in a round rubbermaid type container with a paper towerl under them. Being my first time ever harvesting them I have a few questions about storing...

1) Are there any alternative ways of drying out the shrooms? I don't have a fan to use on them so Im not sure what to do.

2) How long will the shrooms stay fresh in the rubbermaid container i have them in? How long will they stay fresh without being dried out?

3) I have some epsom salt i can use for dessicant, but I don't have any chicken wire to separate the shrooms from the salt. Any suggestions on a different way to dry out the shrooms in a container with the dessicant ?

Thats all I can think of for now. Thanks in advance for your replies.

-Bulletooth Tony

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFick_Duck
Truffle Shuffle
Male

Loc: The Hamburger Train
Re: Some questions about storing Shrooms... [Re: BulletoothTony]
    #1057268 - 11/16/02 12:29 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

1)even if you use dessicant its best to fan dry them for a day or too and suck whatever moisture is left in them out with the dessicant.
2)not long at all. dry them out asap or they will get all moldy and youll lose your whole crop.
3)get creative. like when you used to make a bong out of house hold shit, some times growin shrooms is alot like smokin pot, you have to improvise. you got any screen for screen doors? a flat cheese grater? grill from a car speaker?

--------------------
"To know life you must fuck it in the liver." -Dr. Frankenstein, Andy Warhols Frankenstein

OfflinetheDEA
not really theDEA
Loc: Earth
Re: Some questions about storing Shrooms... [Re: Fick_Duck]
    #1057291 - 11/16/02 12:39 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

buy the refil container of DampRid from Lowes.... looks like a milk container. It will dry them out quick like. You will need something to hold 'em off of it though.

--------------------
he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

OfflineBulletoothTony
crazy mofo whenplaying with hisAK
Re: Some questions about storing Shrooms... [Re: theDEA]
    #1057518 - 11/16/02 02:17 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Cool, thanks. I think tommorrow Ill just be safe and buy the wirey stuff to put between the shrooms and dessicant. now if i could just figure out where to get it from...

-bulletooth tony

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Some questions about storing Shrooms... [Re: BulletoothTony]
    #1057548 - 11/16/02 02:50 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You need to airdry them before using the dessicant.
Just lay them out on newspaper or put them on top of your hot water cylinder or on top of your monitor... anywhere warm with a bit of airflow. They will get almost completely dry within a few days, then you can dry them completely with dessicant.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies