Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #10569851 - 06/25/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

luckily with me, if i trip two days in a row, by the end of the second trip on the second day i am done for. stick a fork in me IM DONE

i've never felt the need/want to trip more than 2 days in a row. and to be honest most of the double dipping that i've done really made me think "wow im dumb"

IMO the second dose has lost all of its magic. it tends to make me dislike the experience quite a lot actually. the first trip is interesting exciting and fun. the second is just complete chaos....IDK it also seems really faded out like with the visual presense.

i wish i could trip frequently while maintaining the magic...that way dosing at festi's would be no problem

tolerance is a bitch

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: Helpme1]
    #10570304 - 06/25/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have HPPD from all the acid I used to take.

It doesn't bother me or hinder my functional abilities, but there is no turning back now, even if I wanted.

LSD could likely expose underlying mental abnormalities in users.

I have a few friends that are certifiably insane, and the insanity came after heavy psychadelic usage.

There is not much research into the long-term effects of LSD consumption, but that doesn't mean that LSD should not be approached with caution.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Invisibletealeaf
Just Touch It
 User Gallery

Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #10570406 - 06/25/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i definitely abused psychedelics in my past. ate a ton a boomer and lots of L.

one thing i noticed was that i began to fade out. i found myself sitting back and observing things (like i would while tripping) during social situations and keeping to myself. was stuck in outspace for a hot minute. i also noticed that my thinking procees was slower and my memory shot.

i took a long break and all my normal functions have returned to normal.

i dont regret any of the experiences only that I when i wasnt spun i was kind of a zombie which is totally NOT cool.

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: MHbound]
    #10570440 - 06/25/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:
If you keep on, and its a decent dose...You're going to end up not coming back one day.

Thing is you might be fine, and 5-6 years later you start to notice things. Then you get told by your doctor you have a irreversible mental illness. My cousin ended up with it doing EXACTLY what you're doing. He is slowly reverting back to childhood. You know what he asked for his birthday? Peter Pan. Hes a 40 year old man. Also, there is no other mental illness in our family ANYWHERE. So, its safe to say it was caused by LSD. I love LSD, and I will do it forever I think, but you my friend are abusing it.

wtf ?

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineRevolutionine
number9..number9..num
Male

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: MOTH]
    #10570568 - 06/25/09 12:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
Heya...

If you've taken that much LSD, maybe you've come to see that reality itself is a trip.  The trip never changes, no matter what drug you're on; it's all LIFE - the big trip.  I sometimes get into habitual patterns with psychedelics if I have a lot of them around (mushrooms and LSD) where I take them 2-3 times a week.  My mind just rationalizes it; but in the end I realize it's futile and that tripping so much is excessive and self-limiting; all of EXISTENCE is a trip; and you don't need a drug to experience the crazy dramatic beauty inherant in All.  It's already inside you, all around you...the trip is with you right NOW, HERE. 

I have come to question the word "sobriety" and what it really means; I have been completely sober for a few weeks now, and I still feel like I'm tripping much of the time, but it's just on existence itself: no drug required. 

Life is a trip...maybe experience this trip without anything "extra" for awhile.  See how "far out" you can get without drugs and you might be surprised. 

Much love.  :heart:

:thumbup:  great post

--------------------
All I ever wanted was to be free,

and in the end that's how it turned out to be...

InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: Anomalous23]
    #10570929 - 06/25/09 01:36 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'd have to say that anything done in excess begins to lose its magic. I agree with what everyone else is saying. Take it easy, that way the LSD will can be a enlightening force in your life for years to come.

--------------------

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: FleshCap]
    #10570937 - 06/25/09 01:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Didn't read any responses but just listen to your body man, no one can tell you what to do but yourself. Know your body!

Abuse is never a good thing, use by a healthy mind is more than okay as far as psychedelics are concerned just take it easy and listen.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

OfflinePlatformStrange
Most Ancient
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The most ancient county o... Flag
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: Anomalous23]
    #10571605 - 06/25/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:hillbilly:

:goodluck:

:gameover:

syd

--------------------
==================================================
"Confusion is when neither of your feet are left and your trousers have infinite sides each of which has infinite surfaces."
"Do i need trousers where I'm going?"
"NO, GOOD LUCK SOLDIER"

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #10571924 - 06/25/09 04:05 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Last summer I got a hold of two sheets of really good clean acid. I was on probation and so I couldn't smoke. With nothing to do all summer I just ended up dosing just about every 5-7 days. By the end of it I definitely felt pretty fucking fried out.

Take a break for a few months, and keep your trips no more frequent than once a month once you start dosing again.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlinemattritt
Mind Chemist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: MOTH]
    #10572024 - 06/25/09 04:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
Heya...

If you've taken that much LSD, maybe you've come to see that reality itself is a trip.  The trip never changes, no matter what drug you're on; it's all LIFE - the big trip.  I sometimes get into habitual patterns with psychedelics if I have a lot of them around (mushrooms and LSD) where I take them 2-3 times a week.  My mind just rationalizes it; but in the end I realize it's futile and that tripping so much is excessive and self-limiting; all of EXISTENCE is a trip; and you don't need a drug to experience the crazy dramatic beauty inherant in All.  It's already inside you, all around you...the trip is with you right NOW, HERE. 

I have come to question the word "sobriety" and what it really means; I have been completely sober for a few weeks now, and I still feel like I'm tripping much of the time, but it's just on existence itself: no drug required. 

Life is a trip...maybe experience this trip without anything "extra" for awhile.  See how "far out" you can get without drugs and you might be surprised. 

Much love.  :heart:

I like the way you put it, some would call it HPPD or something.

--------------------
**Metaphysical Crystal, Stones, Gems, and Minerals**
Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.
:bongload:  :gethigh:  "You need more THC to your brain, faster." - Drr  :gethigh:  :bongload:

Offlinenocoast
Trichome Technician

Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: mattritt]
    #10572070 - 06/25/09 04:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

MOTH is right...life is a a trip. Read into quantum physics if you want scientific proof of how trippy life truly is, at the sub atomic level :grin:

Offlinemattritt
Mind Chemist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: nocoast]
    #10572110 - 06/25/09 04:34 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This man is correct^^

--------------------
**Metaphysical Crystal, Stones, Gems, and Minerals**
Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.
:bongload:  :gethigh:  "You need more THC to your brain, faster." - Drr  :gethigh:  :bongload:

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: mattritt]
    #10572752 - 06/25/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Everything is just a wave of probability until something decides to notice it.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: Cannashroom]
    #10803398 - 08/05/09 05:07 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I despair at the total lack of respect westerners show regarding psychedelics and experience. This attitude is totally the reverse to the sacred approach of Indigenous peoples, and those who are very serious about all this--not meaning there is no humour--but the posts here show SUCH unbelieveable immaturity it leaves me speechless!

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: zzripz]
    #10803544 - 08/05/09 06:17 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So all westerners can be dumped into a proverbial pot of psychedelic users who don't respect the drugs?

What, everyone in the UK does psychedelics the right way?

Do y'all give each other rose petal baths and massages and feed each other grapes throughout the trip,

so you expect westerners to act accordingly?

Everyone is on their own path, my friend.

Who are you to say that your customs are the correct ones?

Just curious, what comments here turned you off?

--------------------

Offlinenocoast
Trichome Technician

Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10803799 - 08/05/09 08:04 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

^Hey, both of you cats need to cut out this feverish xenophobia. Youd think psychedelic users would realize that xenophobia is completely useless, but whatever. Anyways, zzripz is correct, psychedellics are treated nonchalantly among americans, and its shitty (not sure about the rest of the world) but if it wasnt for this attitude the gospel wouldnt spread around here. Sadly, most people are pussies and if they were given a full scope of the actual repercussions/potential risk they took in taking psychedellics, or even the amount of work it takes, they'd probably stay the fuck away. I havent witnessed to many non american psychedelic scenes, prague is the only one i ever layed eyes on. And yeah, they do take it more seriously than your average "westerner" from my observation. Still though, fuck xenophobia.

Edited by nocoast (08/05/09 08:07 AM)

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: nocoast]
    #10803888 - 08/05/09 08:35 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

What the hell are you talking about?

I am positive I am not a feverish xenophobe (as opposed to a temperate xenophobe).

Please send us westerners this "gospel" of psychedelia that we need to go by, so we can debunk it.

Also, I am not the one stereotyping an entire hemisphere of people.

Get a grip.

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Is there any risk in taking lsd too frequently [Re: zzripz]
    #10817905 - 08/07/09 02:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
I despair at the total lack of respect westerners show regarding psychedelics and experience. This attitude is totally the reverse to the sacred approach of Indigenous peoples, and those who are very serious about all this--not meaning there is no humour--but the posts here show SUCH unbelieveable immaturity it leaves me speechless!

Yeah, fuck you. Lose the dogma and maybe the Noble Savage complex, they're not helping.

Nice avatar.

BTW, UK is included in the Western world so this guy is obviously talking about "those who are very serious about all this," IE himself. Good to know SOMEONE around here is taking all this stuff seriously. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (08/07/09 02:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom