Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush...
    #10560724 - 06/23/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

When I take mushrooms, during the trip, even on low doses, I get a sudden weird rush / flash of something in my head.  It's generally so intense that it causes me to gasp, and I am unable to speak.  It only lasts for about one second, but it happens frequently every time I am on the drug.  It is neither painful or pleasuring, but sometimes is sometimes annoying and worrisome for me (especially in a tripping state of mind). 

What is this effect? Does anyone else get it?

I've never heard of mushrooms affecting anyone else like this, and I couldn't find any archived thread about it.  One friend I was doing it with suggested that it is serotonin related- perhaps a rush of serotonin in my brain.  This wouldn't surprise me because it reminds me of the brain shocks that I got when I withdraw from SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors).  But like I said, it's not really painful or anything- just annoying.

Anyone even heard of this?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline2Cents
Male

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush... [Re: Society]
    #10561014 - 06/23/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

....I always have this strange feeling like I am waiting for something, total feeling of anticipation.

--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #10561407 - 06/23/09 08:36 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I get that too. Sometimes weeks after taking mushies but mostly while.  It is weird as hell.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush... [Re: cpw1971]
    #10561538 - 06/23/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cpw1971 said:
I get that too. Sometimes weeks after taking mushies but mostly while.  It is weird as hell.

Weeks???!  Does it eventually completely subside?

Any ideas on why?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

#10561615 - 06/23/09 09:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I get it right when I'm coming up on the shrooms...sometimes during the trips, too. I know exactly what you're talking about. Sometimes it's accompanied by nausea, depending on the dose and tek used to ingest them..

It could be a direct effect on more serotonin being released in your brain, since the same thing can happen to me on MDMA when I take waterfall hits or gravity bongs...

or it could be a change in blood pressure. Either way, it explains the feeling. Sometimes I get the same feeling when I'm sober or when I've only been smoking marijuana from time to time. So I'm more inclined to think its a change in blood pressure.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

OfflineNaton
Stranger

Re: Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush... [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #10562074 - 06/23/09 10:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I used to get this (very rarely) while trying to fall asleep, before ever experimenting with psychedelics. Just as I could feel my self start to fall asleep, I'd get a sudden popping sensation in my head accompanied by a loud bang and sometimes a flash of light. I've had it happen a few times recently on shrooms, especially when I'm tired before taking them. Aparently it's to do with your brain thinking it's asleep prematurely or something. I read somewhere else that it's a focal seizure but I doubt it..

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
Re: Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush... [Re: Naton]
    #10562085 - 06/23/09 10:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I like the feeling! It's like a mini head-masturbation for me.
  What really makes it happen for me is moving my eyes suddenly.
Does anyone feel like their going to yawn, then all the sudden you gasp for air? It's almost like the mushrooms are telling me to "breathe damnit!"
mYK

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

OfflineMisfiringSynapse
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush... [Re: Mykologist]
    #10562475 - 06/24/09 12:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Folks on here who've discussed it, myself included, call it the "brain buzz" (search for it).

I like it a lot, myself. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. I was lucky enough to have it happen repeatedly for like half an hour.

Every once and a while I'll swear it happens to me even when I'm not tripping. Only when I'm falling asleep or waking up.

Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
Re: Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush... [Re: MisfiringSynapse]
    #10562489 - 06/24/09 12:06 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Happens to me all the time when I smoke high quality far sativa leaning buds. One time it happened to me so bad when I was tripping on mushrooms after I got sprayed by a bug that wasn't there that I fell down and was confused for a very long time.

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
Re: Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush... [Re: MisfiringSynapse]
    #10562575 - 06/24/09 12:23 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have it happen sober as well. Only on occasion.

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

Loc: North America
Re: Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush... [Re: wellage]
    #10562578 - 06/24/09 12:23 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think its the sudden rush of serotonin that might cause this. notice it on molly too

--------------------
- grimR

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://egolost.com 
"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush... [Re: grimR]
    #10565547 - 06/24/09 03:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

for me it's like an electric shock and in my mental picture I see a white flash.
  Its almost orgasmic but at the same time kinda scary.  Every time it happens I get the feeling if I were to let it ride and push it past a certain point I could pop out of my body.
  Once when it happened I though I could see into another dimension or something. It was like everything in that dimension was given the Photoshop plastic filter.
  But then as soon as it happened it was gone.
  I do like it when it happens though :rockon:

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms Give Me a Sudden, Uncomfortable Head Rush... [Re: cpw1971]
    #10567237 - 06/24/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So I shall embrace it, and my uniqueness, and hope that it is not early signs of susceptibility to serotonin syndrome.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies