Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTackleBerry
Im working forthem.
Kids Today Aren't Tripping Like The Old Days
    #1056656 - 11/15/02 08:41 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Story

November 15, 2002 - Wireless Flash
Kids Today Aren't Tripping Like The Old Days

NEW YORK (Wireless Flash) -- Kids today aren't tripping on drugs like they used to and that bugs a journalist who specializes in psychedelics.
Charles Hayes, author of a new book "Tripping: An Anthology of True-Life Psychedelic Adventures" (Penguin Compass), fears the current generation of hippies isn't using hallucinogenics for the right reasons.

Hayes says back in the 1960s and 1970s, drug experimenters took LSD, mushrooms or peyote in order to look within themselves and achieve a higher consciousness.

Sadly, he thinks today's druggies are simply looking to get wasted and have no understanding of what it means to break on through to the other side.

However, there is hope. Hayes says sometimes continued use of hallucinogenics is all that's needed.

He should know. Hayes says he dropped acid 40 times before "things got interesting."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePenguin
You can't be me I'm a Rockstar

Loc: On the Arctic ice shelf.
Re: Kids Today Aren't Tripping Like The Old Days [Re: TackleBerry]
    #1060579 - 11/17/02 08:29 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

I fully agree that psyhcedelics aren't being used to thier right potential.Just to get high with their friends.

--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

Offlineiateyourbaby
president
Loc: ont
    #1060592 - 11/17/02 08:35 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

It seems like a bad idea to say that if kids are using drugs for the wrong reason
then they should do more to somehow discover the good reasons.
What if they never discover the higher consciousness (sp?) and just end up frying thier brains.

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
    #1061001 - 11/17/02 11:32 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

I totally agree...talking to people aged 15 to 25 who have tried / regularly use psychedelics, most of them just miss the point completely. I think one of the reasons for this (particularly in New Zealand, we have a high rate of teenage binge-drinking), is people start off on alcohol, cigarettes, like to get really 'wasted' at parties etc, just to escape reality and completely zone out for a while...then they move on to things like marijuana which they abuse in the same way they have done with alcohol (this is all they know, because alcohol doesn't exactly have immediate divinatory properties...) then they may discover acid or shrooms or cactus, and the old ways are followed...
When I talk to some of these people who use psychedelics to get really 'fucked up' and escape reality, or 'trip out', they don't understand why I think of them as sacraments which I highly respect and use in moderation...infact when I have been talking to some people about using psychedelics as a catalyst for higher learning about myself and my surroundings, for meditation and art, they tend to give me a weird look or say something like "Yeah right! But really, you're just using them for the same reason everyone else is...to get wasted!", they just don't understand or accept or realise that psychedelics can have a higher purpose...
This is a real pity...reading back at the optimism of the psychedelic movement of the 60's, Timothy Leary & co. who truly believed that psychedelics could have a positive impact on humanity...perhaps they were just being naive, but I think it is just that considering a large amount of society today are total dimwits, they don't have the capacity to handle such magical gifts...
Maybe that is how it was meant to be.

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Kids Today Aren't Tripping Like The Old Days [Re: iateyourbaby]
    #1063049 - 11/18/02 04:42 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

I agree with this article. Me and my friends started using mushrooms just to see what it was like, to have an adventure or something... We didn't want to get "wasted", well maybe we did want to experience the escape from reality. It started out like that, but throughout our first trip we realised what psychadelics are about, and to respect them. I love tripping with those guys, they understand. When I tripped with my other friends, who just wanted to get fucked up and "see shit", I was forced to see the error in my ways by a bad trip... Now I understand the power of this substance, and agree with you all that mushrooms are not a substance to be abused like alcohol and other drugs.

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: Kids Today Aren't Tripping Like The Old Days [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #1067120 - 11/19/02 07:57 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

Totally agree with you and the article....unfortunately thats how it is around here too.....hell even myself in my younger years may have been a bit guilty of just getting wasted for the hell of it.....maybe it was youthful overindulgance or just chasing something id never catch......but we all learn(or should at least try to  :blush:) from our mistakes and I now try and better myself with these wonderful substances........maybe kids today just need some guidance by some of us more experienced psyconauts......maybe they too just need to find the way themselves....... or hell maybe it is so that  people are just more happy to be lost in their own ingnorace....seems to be alot of the ignoranct type around  :frown:
my two cents for now 

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: Kids Today Aren't Tripping Like The Old Days [Re: FatSean]
    #1067689 - 11/19/02 10:45 PM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Well ya'll. Keep on keepin on then cause we are working on a sort of "mission" then eh? If the kiddies keep sucking down stuff to get away and somehow they recieve the love we cultivate then perhaps there is a chance for them to put it together. Personally that's how it has always been viewed by me. It is changing the world...

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Kids Today Aren't Tripping Like The Old Days [Re: upupup]
    #1072975 - 11/21/02 08:05 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

I totaly agree today, people do not understand how much of a important tool psychedelics are. I guess its probabbly all down to the way socitity is going today Its all about getting wasted to escape this terrible reality we have created.
I also dont think pills and coke have helped very much we are suppose to destroy the ego not build it. But it is up to us as well to try and teach our friends ect that psychedelics is not a toy or just something to get wasted on its basicaly a tool to decompile the human mind and if just taken without any type of realisation of this it is then when people lose there mind.

Is there anyone who just uses Psychedelics to get wasted out there it would be intresting to here your views.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: Kids Today Aren't Tripping Like The Old Days [Re: EvilGir]
    #1077218 - 11/22/02 05:09 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Ya'll give me hope, not that there really is anyway but I just like to pretend there is...

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service