Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedrunkgoat
addict

Quick question
    #1056513 - 11/15/02 05:24 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I dont have any verm around, can any one recomend a subsitute for the top layer where there should be verm. Preferably this substitue would be common enough to be around the house.

Thanks

--------------------
Give a man a match and he will be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAcidSmurf
Mycobandit

Loc: North of KY, South of MI,...
Re: Quick question [Re: drunkgoat]
    #1056523 - 11/15/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You mean you don't have any verm around the house? or you can't find it in the area? i've only heard of casing with verm, 50/50, or just straight up peat moss. But if you find those you can find verm

--------------------
If you drop your keys in a river of molten lava..... Let em go..... Because man... They're gone! - Jack Handey

Offlinedrunkgoat
addict

Re: Quick question [Re: AcidSmurf]
    #1056531 - 11/15/02 05:29 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the quick response. I should have been more clear, i am talking about the jar process of growing, so what could i use instead of verm?

i am just testing these old syringes i have, to see if they still work...

--------------------
Give a man a match and he will be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

InvisibleCheeba
the shroomyqueen

Loc: atop my secret mountain
    #1056548 - 11/15/02 05:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder if coir would work?

--------------------
Carpe Diem <*))))><
Theres one sweet whirld out there!!
Now remember, you are unique! Just like everybody else!

Offlinedrunkgoat
addict

Re: Quick question [Re: Cheeba]
    #1056566 - 11/15/02 05:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

alright it seems like there are no suitable household items to replace the verm as the insulating layer in a jar.

SO, have you people forgone the verm layer and just made a jar of all brownrice??

--------------------

OfflineAcidSmurf
Mycobandit

#1056569 - 11/15/02 05:44 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Did you already have verm to mix with your brf and run out? anyway that layer verm on the top is to catch contams coming in through the sides. you could probly sub that with poly fil which can be found in plush toys. maybe sink a layer of tin foil in there first like the ramsey verm seal tek. then when you inocc, the needle will peirce through the foil. OH! how about some waded up coffee filters? I don't know but whatever ever you use can't hurt since your going sterilize it. Good luck!

--------------------
If you drop your keys in a river of molten lava..... Let em go..... Because man... They're gone! - Jack Handey

OfflineAcidSmurf
Mycobandit

#1056578 - 11/15/02 05:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

you'll at least need some verm to mix with the brf. it can't really hold enough moisture on its own. you can wait and buy some online if you can't find it locally, its definatly worth the wait. and its dirt cheap

--------------------

Offlinedrunkgoat
addict

Re: Quick question [Re: AcidSmurf]
    #1056583 - 11/15/02 05:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

alright, well this is not a grow, this is just a test to see if my spores are still viable...so do you think if i just use the brown rice without the verm mixed in, i will be able to see some colonization if the spores are still good?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom