Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesonar
Stranger
How to find a cool housemate??
    #10563560 - 06/24/09 07:07 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

What's the best way to find a cool housemate or is it really just down to luck?

Last year we had about 7 different people view our house and we decided on a couple, who decided to go on the charm offensive and buy us drinks and stuff and we thought they were alright. then we later learnt they where on anti-depressants, shallow, spoilt and bratty and sometimes the girl in the relationship was just a spoilt princess who thought all druggies were losers. They were really neurotic and kept closing doors to the house and made no effort to talk to me and the girlfriend, then without consulting us they where leaving wrote a letter to the landlord saying they wanted to leave at the end of June (so mummy and daddy who already pays their rent for them, doesn't have to pay for it, run out of money = bulls***).

But yeah good riddance, two couples in a house don't work, we had a few other interested in the house but they always look in pairs, we had a cool japanese girl who we got on with who also does not-so-legal things too but her friend is being clingy and wanting to join the three bedroom house (me and the girlfriend really need our space, she is a music student and needs a studio upstairs). so we are playing like £650 for next month (hell yeah...), i'm so glad im not a materialist and we work part time to find our degree (yeah right I am a loser... on track for a 2:1 and already doing 2 part time jobs, and a volunteer role as a learning mentor).

What is a good way to find a good housemate? Maybe 1) someone who doesn't blab 2) someone who isn't a narc 3) someone who is good to chill with but isn't a lazy arse that never cleans up.

It's not exactly like people are biting the bait round this time (every student goes home for summer) which is a shame because its really a spacious house. How do you subtlely let on that you do illegal activities without being explicit? I was thinking maybe have psychedelic artwork up to just express ourselves because for a house interview and a few pints in a pub you don't know if you're getting quality control. Then it's a conversational piece I guess.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: How to find a cool housemate?? [Re: sonar]
    #10563729 - 06/24/09 08:26 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

There are infinte number of ways to go about it and numerous potentials for compatibility.

It all depends on what you are visualizing.

The best room mate I ever had was this guy that just got out of jail. He didn't have one posession or one red cent to his name. And I told him he could stay rent free until he got back on his feet. He got a job within walking distance, and when he got home from work, he would clean the kitchen and wash dishes and then either download songs for me or go hang out in his room and watch TV.

Never asked for anything and never caused any waves. Who could have predicted it would have been such a smooth coexistence considering he was a 'criminal'.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: How to find a cool housemate?? [Re: sonar]
    #10563980 - 06/24/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Perhaps you could rent out all the rooms and find yourself a smaller place, with a community pool.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom