Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehighoman
Stranger

Please help this computer rookie.
    #1055850 - 11/15/02 03:24 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

All i really know about the computer is the internet. I am running windows me. When ever i go from one page to another on the internet a messasge box thing pops ups. it says "Rundll32 has caused an error in Rundll32 will now close. if you are experience problems, try restarting your computer" then i it the little close box beside it and anotherone pops up and says "Rundll32 has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL, Rundll32 will now close try restarting your computer" besides haveing to close them every time i go to a different page i hve no other problems. I have no clue what any of that means. I dont know that rundll guy and have no clue who the KERNEL is, lol. Any ideas? thanks

--------------------
FREEDOM IS NORML

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYthanA
٩(●̮•̃)۶
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Border, USA
Re: Please help this computer rookie. [Re: highoman]
    #1056202 - 11/15/02 05:23 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

It sounds like a system file is missing or corrupt. You didn't mention what browser you're using, but I assume it's IE. First I'd try updating Windows to see if that fixes the problem. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and follow the prompts. If that doesn't fix things, try upgrading to the latest version of IE. Download http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie6sp1/finrel/6_sp1/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/ie6setup.exe and run it.

If neither of these suggestions helps, let me know and there's some other stuff to try.

Peace,

-Y

Offlinehighoman
Stranger

Re: Please help this computer rookie. [Re: ]
    #1062252 - 11/18/02 12:55 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

i was gone all weekend and havent gotten back to the shroomery till now. once i get home im gonna try that. hopefully that works. I appreciate the help and the links. ill give it a try once i get home. thanks again. o yeah it is IE.

--------------------
FREEDOM IS NORML

Offlinehighoman
Stranger

Re: Please help this computer rookie. [Re: ]
    #1065954 - 11/19/02 12:37 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Hello, i tried those two ideas and it still pops up those 2 messages one after another everytime i visit another site. i have a different message that pops up every now and then that says
rundll32
RUNDLL32 caused an invalid page fault in module at 0084:bff7834f.
any other suggestions you might have? thanks again.

--------------------
FREEDOM IS NORML

Offlinehighoman
Stranger

#1075123 - 11/21/02 11:05 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Does anybody have ant ideas? i have a buddie that said he can wipe everything out and reinstall everything. but i didnt want him to have to do that cause he does't know much more than me. i just hae those two messages coming up every time i go from one site to another. thanks

--------------------
FREEDOM IS NORML

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #1075762 - 11/22/02 03:51 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

sounds to me like your rundll32 and kernel32 got messed with by a 3rd party app. sometimes 3rd party applications will overwrite these files to install functions they want to use instead of using m$ funcs. u can get a copy of these 2 files from another pc (try searching google or asking friends) with the same operating system and version like win98 se sp2 or win95 or win3.1 whatever. but just make sure its same os. and i think u might be able to download em and overwrite the ones on your hard drive and then reboot and it may work. if it wont let u because it says the dll is in use reboot the pc in ms-dos mode and at the dos prompt type A: (floppy disk dont type stuff in () ) then dir (list directories) then copy rundll32.dll c:\windows\system (this path can be changed and it must be where your original rundll32.dll is located) and do the same for kernel32.dll. after this reboot and try again it should work.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology