Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Fountain Pens
    #1054443 - 11/15/02 12:54 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Does anybody use these? I love fountain pens, and it is rare that I write with a pen other than a fountain. There is nothing like the flow of ink from a fine crafted writing instrument. I have a lot of cheap ones that I use in class. However, the one that is my most favorite is my Laban Celebration.

It?s a pretty versatile pen. It feels at home on almost any paper, including very slick paper such as credit card receipts. Best of all, its a looker. Very sharp, very classy. I always get compliments on it wherever I go. IMHO it looks a lot better than some of the higher-priced Mont Blancs that generally run from $250-$400. At $70 the price is a lot easier on the ol? checkbook. Unfortunately it nib only comes in one size, however it?s a 1.5, which is a pretty good size.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Fountain Pens [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1054505 - 11/15/02 01:25 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've never been in to fountain pens. My only experience with them is that they can bust and ink will be everywhere. I have a waterman and a montblanc, they just ball point pens, write like any other nice ball point pen, not as nice as some cheap ones too. Expensive pens are imho a waste of money, at least the ball point variety.

Maybe I'll try out a fountain pen... But with my handwriting I'm sure it will be just as horrible with a nicer pen in my hand. Lately I've been a using a beautiful wooden ball point pen I got at an art gallery for $20. It writes really well and smoothly and it gets an occasional compliment as well.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1054554 - 11/15/02 01:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

For that much money, there better not be any plastic in it.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1054652 - 11/15/02 02:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

btw, www.ashford.com often has wonderful sales on fine writing instruments and other stuff. Just thought you might be interested...

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Fountain Pens [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1055134 - 11/15/02 08:48 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've never had one bust, luckily. I'm sure it would be messey as hell. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the the expensive ballpoint and rollerball pens. I think they are a little overpriced, not to say that a some of the aren't. I've found that a nice $20 or so ballpoint does the trick. I hate light pens too, I need something substancial.

I've actually improved my handwriting here lately. I bought a handwriting book from the company where I bought my Laban. My handwriting has improved drastically, so I don't feel quite as bad about owning my pen.  :tongue: Ashford had some nice stuff, thanks for the link. I suggest Fahrney's Pens. They've got a pretty good selection of all kinds of pens, inks and other related supplies.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Edited by I_Fart_Blue (11/15/02 08:57 AM)

OfflineUser Exists
Lost again

Loc: The sticks
    #1055196 - 11/15/02 09:26 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I am left handed, and the last time that I tried to use a fountain pen all I ended up with was a large smear on the paper and a black sleeve.  No good :frown:

--------------------
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious;
it is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of
true art and true science.
-Albert Einstein

InvisibleSpiffy
Defender of theGnomes

Loc: Next to your mom
Re: Fountain Pens [Re: User Exists]
    #1055928 - 11/15/02 01:43 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yes...exactly!! I'm left handed too and I have never been able to write with a fountain pen!

--------------------
Namaste: "I honour that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you,
there is only one of us."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom