Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Fountain Pens
    #1054443 - 11/15/02 02:54 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Does anybody use these? I love fountain pens, and it is rare that I write with a pen other than a fountain. There is nothing like the flow of ink from a fine crafted writing instrument. I have a lot of cheap ones that I use in class. However, the one that is my most favorite is my Laban Celebration.

It?s a pretty versatile pen. It feels at home on almost any paper, including very slick paper such as credit card receipts. Best of all, its a looker. Very sharp, very classy. I always get compliments on it wherever I go. IMHO it looks a lot better than some of the higher-priced Mont Blancs that generally run from $250-$400. At $70 the price is a lot easier on the ol? checkbook. Unfortunately it nib only comes in one size, however it?s a 1.5, which is a pretty good size.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Fountain Pens [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1054505 - 11/15/02 03:25 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've never been in to fountain pens. My only experience with them is that they can bust and ink will be everywhere. I have a waterman and a montblanc, they just ball point pens, write like any other nice ball point pen, not as nice as some cheap ones too. Expensive pens are imho a waste of money, at least the ball point variety.

Maybe I'll try out a fountain pen... But with my handwriting I'm sure it will be just as horrible with a nicer pen in my hand. Lately I've been a using a beautiful wooden ball point pen I got at an art gallery for $20. It writes really well and smoothly and it gets an occasional compliment as well.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1054554 - 11/15/02 03:57 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

For that much money, there better not be any plastic in it.

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1054652 - 11/15/02 04:49 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

btw, www.ashford.com often has wonderful sales on fine writing instruments and other stuff. Just thought you might be interested...

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Fountain Pens [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1055134 - 11/15/02 10:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've never had one bust, luckily. I'm sure it would be messey as hell. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the the expensive ballpoint and rollerball pens. I think they are a little overpriced, not to say that a some of the aren't. I've found that a nice $20 or so ballpoint does the trick. I hate light pens too, I need something substancial.

I've actually improved my handwriting here lately. I bought a handwriting book from the company where I bought my Laban. My handwriting has improved drastically, so I don't feel quite as bad about owning my pen.  :tongue: Ashford had some nice stuff, thanks for the link. I suggest Fahrney's Pens. They've got a pretty good selection of all kinds of pens, inks and other related supplies.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Edited by I_Fart_Blue (11/15/02 10:57 AM)

OfflineUser Exists
Lost again

Loc: The sticks
    #1055196 - 11/15/02 11:26 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I am left handed, and the last time that I tried to use a fountain pen all I ended up with was a large smear on the paper and a black sleeve.  No good :frown:

--------------------
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious;
it is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of
true art and true science.
-Albert Einstein

InvisibleSpiffy
Defender of theGnomes

Loc: Next to your mom
Re: Fountain Pens [Re: User Exists]
    #1055928 - 11/15/02 03:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yes...exactly!! I'm left handed too and I have never been able to write with a fountain pen!

--------------------
Namaste: "I honour that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you,
there is only one of us."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub