Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelost & buzzed
loving life
Male
Loc: under sin it self, feelin...
A true find, need help
    #1052836 - 11/14/02 02:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok I was walking my Dog last night and I have walked by this house that has been for sale for awhile, no one lives there and has been empty for a little less than a year. Well I looked over the wall to the back yard to see what it looked like and to see if it had a pool. Well to my suprice threre is two clusters of San Pedro. Each having 10 to 12 stalks. Some as small as one foot too I would say nine feet tall, ouh ah. were the words that came to mind I went in to the back yard and cut one of the five footers and made my way home. Now its sitting in my walk way at my house how do I cut this thing up and re plant it to make new pups? thanks for your time every one peace. And good grow in to you all :grin: 

--------------------
yeah I know I spell like shit, so blow me!

burnt and pissed on my self to put it out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: A true find, need help [Re: lost & buzzed]
    #1052846 - 11/14/02 02:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

cut at around 6 to 8 inches, maybe longer if it is really thick. lay the pieces somewhere to dry and callous over (get hard shell skin on each end). then stick in soil and water not-too-much. it is bad to plant them before callousing or to water them too much.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Re: A true find, need help [Re: lost & buzzed]
    #1054151 - 11/14/02 10:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds good! Must be very nice looking plants....
So, do you want to keep the cutting as one cactus, or make several from it? If you just want to keep it as one, simply let it callous at the bottom, and then plant it probably at least 8in deep since it is so tall. Plant it in cactus mix, from a garden store, or else normal potting soil also works for San Pedro. If you want to make more than one cactus from it, then do as the guy above said, cut it into sections of about 8in or so, and make sure that you keep track of which way is up for the cuttings (can be done with a pen or something). Allow them all to callous. Plant them about 3in deep in cactus mix soil, with the bottom end in the soil. Put some rocks around the base to support the cutting while it is developing roots. Make sure the pots are a good size, terracotta pots so that they can make good large root stocks. Do not water for at least two weeks. After two weeks, give them a light watering, then a light watering every 2 weeks for maybe two months or so. During this time, don't expose them to much direct sun either, they grow roots best in darker times, and this is what you want, a healthy rootstock to pump out healthy, fat, fast growing pups.
After the two months period, or when it comes into spring time, give them a decent watering with some liquid fertiliser (special cactus fertiliser is good, or else 'Miracle Gro' or seaweed extract..) do this at 1/2 reccomended solution. And move them to a sunnier location. When it has been warm and sunny for a while, then they should start pumping out nice pups, maybe 2 or 3 per stalk. If they make more than three, break off the smallest ones as a root stock generally won't support more than three nice pups when it is that young.
Anyway, it is pretty easy, and if you live in an area where those nice big cacti grew that you got the cutting from, you shouldn't have any problem!

Offlinelost & buzzed
loving life
Male
Loc: under sin it self, feelin...
Re: A true find, need help [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #1055136 - 11/15/02 08:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks you two. all the info was great and I thank you both, good grow in two you Both peace

--------------------
yeah I know I spell like shit, so blow me!

burnt and pissed on my self to put it out

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies